Military Misconduct

I'm not sure exactly what constitutes "misconduct" anymore. Kissing boys in the day room used to be misconduct. Crooss dressing at a dining-in used to be misconduct.
Now, a tattoo of an angel standing on the devils head could be considered misconduct while having a BLM bumper sticker is NOT

I really need to hire an outrage consultant so I know what I should be upset about.

I'm not sure exactly what constitutes "misconduct" anymore. Kissing boys in the day room used to be misconduct. Crooss dressing at a dining-in used to be misconduct.
Now, a tattoo of an angel standing on the devils head could be considered misconduct while having a BLM bumper sticker is NOT

I really need to hire an outrage consultant so I know what I should be upset about.
I’m out of the war business now, and starting up a social awareness consulting service. I’ll send you my thoughts and a bill, payable within 30 days of receipt.

Not hate at you @Marauder06 , but at that asshat. There are enough things causing recruiting woes, and there is a stigma of sexual assault in the military, and here is this idiot doing it before they even join.

The glaring problem is that he thought it was such a non-issue, that he wrote a book about it. That makes me worry that this may be more prevalent than we think. That's a serious problem.

A few key points:
--uncorroborated and anonymous reporting
--this is first reporting, and first reports are almost always wrong
Army General Pressured Assessment Panel to Help Career of 'Ineffective' Officer | Military.com

Summary of the above: a three-star Army general allegedly intervened in the command selection process on behalf of a subordinate who happened to be a female officer. The battalion selection board at first recommended unanimously against that officer's selection, citing the officer's "counterproductive leadership." After the general's intervention, the officer was allowed a second shot at a board panel, which is apparently not the way things are done; I guess you'd usually have to wait a year.

Then, the second board also found the officer unfit for command.

...and then she came out on the command list anyway, which prompted the leaking of the details that led to the above story.

I don't think I know the general in question although I may have met him in passing once, and I almost certainly don't know the officer. I do know that this kind of thing happens far too often, and we, as an Army, are the ones who suffer. This type of thing, if true, only serves to promote personal agendas and allows toxic leadership to infect even more people as the officers not fit for higher leadership find it thrust upon them anyway.

I do know that this kind of thing happens far too often, and we, as an Army, are the ones who suffer.

A bit off topic but as with affirmative action, the right person does not always get the job. It's ridiculous that your skin color is used as a factor for promotion, but the Army wants to reflect society. Fuck that. It happened far too often in the NCO ranks, in my experience. I'm sure it's much worse with the recent push for inclusion. To be fair I understand that being familiar with someone helps to know what you're going to get from them, but we shouldn't play diversity and good ole boy games when it comes to selecting military leadership. The right green person should get the job. The stakes are too high.

Last edited:
Things in life that happen:
OJ searching for his ex-wifes murderer.
Mark Milley calling out the incompetence and strategic failure of the Afghanistan retreat.
General Officers throwing their weight around.

Also things in life that happen:
People, being surprised at things in life that happen.

A few key points:
Army General Pressured Assessment Panel to Help Career of 'Ineffective' Officer | Military.com

Summary of the above: a three-star Army general allegedly intervened in the command selection process on behalf of a subordinate who happened to be a female officer. The battalion selection board at first recommended unanimously against that officer's selection, citing the officer's "counterproductive leadership." After the general's intervention, the officer was allowed a second shot at a board panel, which is apparently not the way things are done; I guess you'd usually have to wait a year.

...and then she came out on the command list anyway, which prompted the leaking of the details that led to the above story.

I don't think I know the general in question although I may have met him in passing once, and I almost certainly don't know the officer. I do know that this kind of thing happens far too often, and we, as an Army, are the ones who suffer. This type of thing, if true, only serves to promote personal agendas and allows toxic leadership to infect even more people as the officers not fit for higher leadership find it thrust upon them anyway.
A tribal leader protecting his tribe? What's new?

A few key points:

Nothing happens to him, she gets a Bn Command, and gets relieved halfway through.
Female we know, black is my guess.
Fucking the boss still pays dividends.

Back