Military Misconduct

Military misconduct you say? Great Shawn Ryan interview with Navy CAPT. Brad Geary, former CO of the NSW Basic Training Command, and the CO when Kyle Mullen died. It's not quick--about 3 hours--but if truthful a great insight into Big Navy railroading him and some others to paint a false narrative of Mullen's death.

What's crazy is he's still on AD and going public.

What's crazy is he's still on AD and going public.

Towards the end, I probably about 20 minutes until the end, he pretty much says that this is his last recourse.

He is pretty articulate, organized, and intentional. I don't know if he's 100% truthful, but he lays out a very compelling case.

I can see why he's going public if he has exhausted all of the internal avenues to try to correct this.

5 bucks say he dropped his papers and retires soon, or or it's an offensive salvo aimed at deflecting a Courts Martial.

It appears right now where it's at is either a forced retirement or NJP. But then, the Navy appears to be levying all sorts of charges on them so maybe headed to a court-martial and he just doesn't know.

Towards the end, I probably about 20 minutes until the end, he pretty much says that this is his last recourse.

He is pretty articulate, organized, and intentional. I don't know if he's 100% truthful, but he lays out a very compelling case.

I can see why he's going public if he has exhausted all of the internal avenues to try to correct this.

I just hit him checking into DEVGRU. His segment on Danny Dietz and Dietz' widow is pretty powerful. At 6 hours long, I figure I have a bit more to go before we get into the BUD/S saga. I agree with what I bolded above, he presents very well.

I just hit him checking into DEVGRU. His segment on Danny Dietz and Dietz' widow is pretty powerful. At 6 hours long, I figure I have a bit more to go before we get into the BUD/S saga. I agree with what I bolded above, he presents very well.

It took me several days of watching it in 30-min segments over lunch and 15-min snippets before bed. Damn, the man has been through the wringer with Dietz, Adam brown, Extortion 17, then the whole BUDS debacle.

If he is even 'just' half true, the remaining half is damning enough.

Reading all this makes me realize how trash Mil LE Investigators and JAG is across the spectrum! It seems to be that way. It does not disregard the misconduct if founded, just want to make that disclaimer. (awaiting my vetting process in case anyone is wondering why I am speaking on this)

I don't like to use the "all" or "none" tags. I've known a handful of Jag, not many, but they were pretty cool. I do agree the overall theme of publicly reported military matters in which the military judicial system did its thing paints them in a pretty awful way, and in those cases I believe they earn the scorn.

Again I did not come across many, and aside from the usual predeployment stuff really never had a need for them.

I don't like to use the "all" or "none" tags. I've known a handful of Jag, not many, but they were pretty cool. I do agree the overall theme of publicly reported military matters in which the military judicial system did its thing paints them in a pretty awful way, and in those cases I believe they earn the scorn.

Again I did not come across many, and aside from the usual predeployment stuff really never had a need for them.
You made a good point with not using labels such as “all” or “none” I should have reviewed before posting, and put with my limited experience from the ones I’ve encountered or known.

The biggest problem with law enforcement and prosecution in the military are the commanders.....take out command influence and you can actually investigate crimes. If you can just take out the command influence for at least felonies...that would be a huge step. One of the reasons CID is going the civilian agent route.

The biggest problem with law enforcement and prosecution in the military are the commanders.....take out command influence and you can actually investigate crimes. If you can just take out the command influence for at least felonies...that would be a huge step. One of the reasons CID is going the civilian agent route.
Facts. On the contrary though, I feel any new CID agent or JAG officer looking to get that recognition or possible merit for promotion, is going to push that narrative or rhetoric they desire to pursue a conviction or some type of punitive action. I mean, this can be a drawn out conversation and go back and forth, but I feel there is good and bad on both sides.

But, from my experience(As stated still awaiting my vetting process to be done) I have gained some valuable insight on how the bad CID or JAG dudes really do what they feel they need to, to try that allegation and see it through. Something that made sense to me was, "CID Agents and JAG officers are on the Governments dime, they're also in the Military which means they perform for those merits to gain promotion as that is how the military corporate ladder is set up. So of course that OER and NCOER's are gonna be nice and bulletized, they only get that for the cases solved, actions taken, and charges founded." My ex-wife became a JAG officer after she got her degree, she helped some joes of mine after they were facing the consequences of their stupid actions. Ironically, she was a TDS JAG officer at Bragg when I was there lol.

Sorry for the long story, felt it was needed for an elaborated explanation, also to not make it seem as if I am pro-crime for people in the Military. Lastly, you are correct, I have seen Commanders really sweep stuff under the rug for some who I personally feel did not deserve it.

Facts. On the contrary though, I feel any new CID agent or JAG officer looking to get that recognition or possible merit for promotion, is going to push that narrative or rhetoric they desire to pursue a conviction or some type of punitive action. I mean, this can be a drawn out conversation and go back and forth, but I feel there is good and bad on both sides.

But, from my experience(As stated still awaiting my vetting process to be done) I have gained some valuable insight on how the bad CID or JAG dudes really do what they feel they need to, to try that allegation and see it through. Something that made sense to me was, "CID Agents and JAG officers are on the Governments dime, they're also in the Military which means they perform for those merits to gain promotion as that is how the military corporate ladder is set up. So of course that OER and NCOER's are gonna be nice and bulletized, they only get that for the cases solved, actions taken, and charges founded." My ex-wife became a JAG officer after she got her degree, she helped some joes of mine after they were facing the consequences of their stupid actions. Ironically, she was a TDS JAG officer at Bragg when I was there lol.

Sorry for the long story, felt it was needed for an elaborated explanation, also to not make it seem as if I am pro-crime for people in the Military. Lastly, you are correct, I have seen Commanders really sweep stuff under the rug for some who I personally feel did not deserve it.
My wife is a retired JAG.
She is disgusted by the current crop of officers who just want convictions and maximum punishments for any wrong, actual or perceived.

Agree, to an extent....former CID here. Like anywhere else, things vary from office to office....CID has gone through the wringer from bad leadership, with it going more toward civilian agents like NCIS with civilian directors, you will get less interference and a better organization in the long run....but this change will take time. As far as promotions...there are only so many enlisted slots and WO slots per office.

Now, on the admin Officer side....they are usually more of a problem, as they do not investigate cases, but think they can.....freaking MP officers that come over and think they are Elliot Ness.

JAG varies from command to command....they also think they investigate cases....

On a side note, I was NG CID, when we deployed to Iraq, CID would take part of a AD unit and add USAR and NG agents to fill it out. Most reserve CID agents are civilian law enforcement, if there was a case that was a hot potato it was usually assigned to one of the reserve agents as we could not be intimidated by the chain of command and would push back hard.

Back