Military Misconduct

The optics are bad, but the American public believes that SEAL’s and most other SOF types do that shit everyday for fun.
I guess that’s the only comment I feel qualified to make about BUDS.

I have a hard time believing breathing in that concentration of tear gas for that long doesn't harm your lungs. Remember, this is the course where guys were self-medicating to prevent fluid from building up in their lungs...which killed a trainee.
American Lung Association- Tear Gas

Riot control agents, often referred to as "tear gas," are chemicals that cause skin, respiratory, and eye irritation. Some of the most common chemicals used are chloroacetophenone (CN)—which is a toxic air pollutant, chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile (CS), chloropicrin (PS), bromobenzylcyanide (CA) and dibenzoxazepine (CR). While tear gas is typically perceived as causing mostly short-term health impacts, there is evidence of permanent disability in some cases.

In general, exposure to tear gas can cause chest tightness, coughing, a choking sensation, wheezing and shortness of breath, in addition to a burning sensation in the eyes, mouth and nose; blurred vision and difficulty swallowing. Tear gas can also cause chemical burns, allergic reactions and respiratory distress. People with preexisting respiratory conditions, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), have a higher risk of developing severe symptoms of their disease that could lead to respiratory failure.

Long-term health effects from tear gas are more likely if exposed for a prolonged period or to a high dose while in an enclosed area. In these instances, it can lead to respiratory failure and death.

If exposed to tear gas, the American Lung Association advises you to immediately distance yourself from the source and seek higher ground, if possible. Flush your eyes with water and use a gentle soap, such as baby shampoo, to wash your face. If breathing trouble persists, seek medical attention immediately.

Chloropicrin (CS)-induced toxicity in the respiratory system

Abstract​

Chloropicrin is a volatile and reactive chemical that has been utilized as a warfare agent and a pesticide to fumigate soil against insects, fungi and nematodes. It poses a health risk to humans and animals if inhaled. The main source of chloropicrin exposure is occupational and occurs during its manufacture, transport and fumigation. Chloropicrin is toxic via all routes of exposure but the main route of systemic exposure is inhalation of the ambient air. Thus, the toxicity mainly affects the respiratory system. After a low level exposure, the first sign is irritation of the upper respiratory tract and eyes. Irritation is mediated by the sensory nerve fibers, which coordinate further activation of various protective reflexes. Chloropicrin-induced irritation is generally reversible but can alter airway responsiveness to other inhalation toxicants. Severe exposures cause injuries in the respiratory tract, inflammation, and even life-threatening edema. Much of the chloropicrin-caused symptoms and toxicity in the respiratory system displays similarities with those evoked by chlorine, which is also a breakdown product of chloropicrin. This review summarizes the latest information on chloropicrin with emphasis on the toxicity in the respiratory system. The data indicates that oxidative stress, modification of macromolecules, mutations, dysfunctions of cell organelles and cell death are involved in acute chloropicrin-induced toxicity in the respiratory system.
Keywords: Acute exposure; Irritant; Mechanism(s)of toxicity; Pesticide; Warfare agent.

I don't know jack shit about the use of tear gas. Can it be deluded? Can some of the steam be for effect?
Various strengths, AF used a really weak gas that cause me to sneeze, with minor eye irritation. 82nd used stuff that made ya cough and gag. What strength was this needs to be determined, also who took the video.

Various strengths, AF used a really weak gas that cause me to sneeze, with minor eye irritation. 82nd used stuff that made ya cough and gag. What strength was this needs to be determined, also who took the video.
Infantry Basic used stuff that made you run head first into the light pole conveniently located directly outside the exit of every gas chamber...

Yeah, my thoughts were that this may not be a bad as it looks. The many CS chambers I've been through varied in strengths. Basic training choked the shit outta of us and stayed in our gear long after, but other times were just a minor irritant. I don't know anything about how the SEALs train with or deliver the gas.

Last edited:
We used CS, our annual mask certification used just enough to make your eyes water and nose run. We had a few pukers. lol But that was a chamber.
I always found outdoor use was worse because of a higher concentration needed to counter wind.
We did a brigade level decontamination event. I was also a casualty. Temps not to high above freezing. I don't know what was worse, the near hypothermia or the gas. My head leaked for a good hour.

Someone needs to explain why my service records can be released via FOIA, they're mine. Not anyone elses. That isn't to say there's anyone in there...it's pretty vanilla.

But, Politico, as I've said many times. They can do some great reporting and have some great reporters. But for the most part, they're still that small liberal blog full of trash pandas. Whoever said that article was good to go needs to be in chains as well as the writer.

The D's do everything they can to cut the ankles out from all of the minorities running for House and Senate under the Republican banner. Sadly, we won't be waking up from our coma.

Someone needs to explain why my service records can be released via FOIA, they're mine. Not anyone elses. That isn't to say there's anyone in there...it's pretty vanilla.

But, Politico, as I've said many times. They can do some great reporting and have some great reporters. But for the most part, they're still that small liberal blog full of trash pandas. Whoever said that article was good to go needs to be in chains as well as the writer.

The D's do everything they can to cut the ankles out from all of the minorities running for House and Senate under the Republican banner. Sadly, we won't be waking up from our coma.
I think it's because it's a public record, and I'm not sure but there may be limits on what they can releases.

Well, what they're supposed to release, anyway.

Back