Military Misconduct

But what happened in this case, as far as I can tell, would not have been a crime in the US, and the officer would not have been in Japan if the Navy hadn't sent him there
For the three years I was in Okinawa, we were always reminded that, as far as Okinawa was concerned, “we“ were automatically at fault for any trouble that may have happened in town because if we hadn’t been there, we would not have gotten into the issue.

We were warned so many times that I still remember it, don’t get picked up by the JPs, because if you do, you might spend the next 20 years in a Japanese rice prison and there’s nothing we can do to get you out.

For the three years I was in Okinawa, we were always reminded that, as far as Okinawa was concerned, “we“ were automatically at fault for any trouble that may have happened in town because if we hadn’t been there, we would not have gotten into the issue.

We were warned so many times that I still remember it, don’t get picked up by the JPs, because if you do, you might spend the next 20 years in a Japanese rice prison and there’s nothing we can do to get you out.
There's a few episodes of JAG on that.

Because the Marines want to get in on the punishment train too...

Marine colonel relieved of command amid investigation into ACV mishap

This is the 4.5-million dollar per unit vehicle that the Corps settled for when the 22-million dollar per unit vehicle EFV was shitcanned. And the Marine Corps did open-ocean testing of these on flat-calm days. So you've got a way-cheaper vehicle that has trouble staying upright when there's a significant chop?

I have a pretty good idea that the Colonel's ass is in the sling because he authorized training on a day when surf was up. That...or maybe he's just a convenient scapegoat.

Last edited:
There goes a 2-star though this probably won't change his retirement pay. Career's over, but that's about it.

Fort Sill commanding general suspended amid investigation

Sources said the suspension was the result of repeated violations of regulations around hunting on post. It was reportedly ordered by Gen. Gary Brito, commanding general of the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command. Fort Sill officials have not confirmed why Kamper was suspended.

What do you have to do that is so bad the TRADOC commander orders an IG investigation?

Sources: Fort Sill Commander Suspended from Duty for Allegedly Breaking Hunting Rules on Base

The investigation is tied to hunting on Fort Sill property, with some complaints revolving around Kamper allegedly not going through the proper approval process and skirting local rules, according to two Army officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

"Some complaints." I can't wait to see the other complaints.

There goes a 2-star though this probably won't change his retirement pay. Career's over, but that's about it.

Fort Sill commanding general suspended amid investigation

What do you have to do that is so bad the TRADOC commander orders an IG investigation?

Sources: Fort Sill Commander Suspended from Duty for Allegedly Breaking Hunting Rules on Base

"Some complaints." I can't wait to see the other complaints.
His wife said he was suspended for “counterproductive leadership,” but the official reason is hunting allegations?? Something doesn’t add up.

"Red-cockaded woodpecker because I'm tired of shutting down training ranges."

When I was at Pendleton we were told to leave the rattlesnakes alone. There was one particular one that was protected. We were told we'd stand a better chance of mounting a defense if we killed another Marine/corpsman than we would if we killed a protected animal. We had protected animals on Lejeune, too, but I don't recall the speech.

When I was at Pendleton we were told to leave the rattlesnakes alone. There was one particular one that was protected. We were told we'd stand a better chance of mounting a defense if we killed another Marine/corpsman than we would if we killed a protected animal. We had protected animals on Lejeune, too, but I don't recall the speech.

I used to see herds of big white tailed deer at Lejeune. Herds.

Back