Missing/Captured: Bowe Bergdahl

I say put these two fuck ups in the Octagon and whoever is alive at the end has paid their debt to society in full. Probably would be just a slap fight though.

If I wanted to see a bunch of little girls fight I'd make a GS troop sell their cookies at one Walmart and one Walmart only. A pack of rabid 9 year olds trying to sell thin mints beside a single Walmart entrance? Actually, that would be a better fight than Snowden v Bergdahl.

Threads devolve into wisecracks, it's science, and this one may have devolved too far for me--as an FNG--to make any pertinent contribution; but I'll give it a shot. I remember when Bergdahl first went missing. It was a little blurb on the news about a soldier who just walked away from his post, and I remember thinking, why the f*ck would anybody do that, especially there. Then I shrugged it off and eventually forgot about it until the White House dog & pony show with Daddy Taliban.

Bergdahl may be one of these John Walker Lindh types, but I doubt it...my guess is he's a mystic mountain blueberry, like jhis old man, who wanted to leave a nasty note, unass the whole show, walk 300 miles to India, maybe climb a tree and learn to play the flute.

Has Duffel Blog hacked the Army Times? O_o

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20.../Sgt-Bergdahl-returning-active-duty-admin-job

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has completed a course of counseling at an Army hospital in Texas and is getting back to regular duty as a soldier, according to Army officials.

The former Taliban captive has been assigned to U.S. Army North Headquarters, as a noncommissioned officer performing administrative duties commensurate with his rank, according to Don Manuszewski, a spokesman for the command told Army Times.

Bergdahl will go through standard administrative in-processing for “a short time” before he starts work, Manuszewski said.

I want to start a pool in anticipation of when he walks off his post. Date Time and approximate location. Place yer bets!

Too late, already happened.

http://hitthewoodline.com/military/2014/7/14/bergdahl-starts-new-job-at-west-point-defects-to-navy

US Army Sergeant and former Taliban collaborator Bowe Bergdahl was recently cleared to return to duty, and moved from his position as an instructor at the Army’s Defense Language Institute to a prestigious new assignment as an “Honor Mentor” at the US Military Academy at West Point. In this new job, Bergdahl’s primary duties will be to educate, train, and inspire the newest generations of Army leaders, particularly those who struggle with issues of personal honor.

Too late, already happened.

http://hitthewoodline.com/military/2014/7/14/bergdahl-starts-new-job-at-west-point-defects-to-navy

US Army Sergeant and former Taliban collaborator Bowe Bergdahl was recently cleared to return to duty, and moved from his position as an instructor at the Army’s Defense Language Institute to a prestigious new assignment as an “Honor Mentor” at the US Military Academy at West Point. In this new job, Bergdahl’s primary duties will be to educate, train, and inspire the newest generations of Army leaders, particularly those who struggle with issues of personal honor.

What is most fucked up about 'this' post, is that I had to stare at it for a few moments to ensure I knew the source...nothing this administration does surprises me anymore.

Back