National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

At one point, one of the officers also wondered aloud about "excited delirium". That is a controversial subject. It's not a recognized medical condition but some believe it to be true. I don't know much about it, maybe some of you here are familiar with it? I 'd like to know more about it because I do find it strange that he complained about breathing and his chest prior to any restraint on the ground. Even stranger when everyone has grasped onto the breathing comment, when asphyxiation was not the cause of death.

Officer Tatum talks about it. Note, he's a conservative voice so there is some possible bias, but he tends to focus on the facts.

Here is what I have found from Harris County Clerk's Office. It took some looking to find original source documents.

post what he was convicted of

04/03/2009 JUDGMENT GUILTY PLEA-NO JURY 04/03/09
04/03/2009 JUDG OFFENSE AGG ROBBERY-DEADLY WPN LEVEL F1 04/03/09

and where he spent his time,

Sentenced to TDC 5 years, starting 04/03/09.

Oc/Held 305 days in Court 337 (Harris County) Jail before pleading guilty to AGG ROBBERY-DEADLY WPN LEVEL F1 between 06/02/08 and 04/03/09.

Here is the link to the court cases for 9 Texas cases in Harris County.

(https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/Search.aspx)

I pulled them yesterday and put them in this PDF.

If I missed the records from the clerk's office in Texas somewhere else in the thread, I apologize.

I highlighted the plea, conviction and sentence, and was going to just list them out, but there are so many court events, it just seemed like way too much information.

*The green highlight on the last case was when I was figuring out whether he was in jail, released on PR, bonded out, and why.

I haven't really come to a conclusion on how I feel or what I think* about these series of events/interesting time in American history, but I sure am glad for SS. I think you folks are the bees knees.

*Edited to add: Systemic oppression is horrific. So is crime and violence. So is racism. I'm a big fan of Service. The intersection of these things I'm not so sure about.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this doesn't matter....TDC Prison, State Jail, County jail.....doesn't matter.
If that were indeed the case (at least in others' minds), you'd wouldn't find posters spending two of the last four pages performing all kinds of logical somersaults to hamfistedly reframe the supposedly trivial 'jail' corrections to the meme back into nonexistent prison sentences.

Officer Tatum talks about it. Note, he's a conservative voice so there is some possible bias, but he tends to focus on the facts.

Excellent video and NOT conservative AT ALL if you ignore the shirt and hat. The lawyers in the case for each officer will mosdef run with every sentence he said for months on end.
Here is what I have found from Harris County Clerk's Office. It took some looking to find original source documents

I've had to inquire with the TDC in Harris County multiple times about my daughters ex-boyfriend and the father of my Grandson. He served TIME in the TDC for MULTIPLE felonies over the last decade, AG ASSAULT, AG ASSAULT FELON W/FIREARM, DIST OF CONTR SUBST, = etc...etc...HE KEEPS GETTING OUT.
The "gangstas" in Travis County and Harris County surrounding Houston Tx call the TDC - SCHOOL.

Here's the Full Panel from the link @Devildoc posted. I don't get why you're being so combative. (Or maybe that's my bias, since that's been your language choice, or we're all just fucking tired)

Let's go with we're all just fucking tired. His post isn't combative. No more, no less. It's just a post.

Back to the show!

and the father of my Grandson
You're Grandson is really lucky to have you.

Edited to add: Thats crazy about the multiple felonies/keep getting out. I was looking at habitual offender laws in Louisiana, and that guy would have been done on the 4th conviction. They've got the opposite problem in Louisiana.

I just read his autopsy (yeah, I'm bored). No medical evidence that the neck thing caused death; in fact, there is no medical evidence that the cop's actions caused the death. There are a lot of different drugs on board. To be fair, a lot of notes about bruising/contusions/abrasions on his shoulders and torso; a few minor on his cheeks and nose.

Any potential jurors in the SPAM area have already made up their minds, so it's not going to matter.

For your viewing pleasure:

Autopsy 2020-3700 Floyd | Coronary Circulation | Tetrahydrocannabinol

Ok. So this was the initial autopsy report by the County. And that's County not Parish or Borough, because those distinctions matter.

Now a second private autopsy was performed, and when those results were released people went APE SHIT, because that's when the death by asphyxiation from restraint was announced, which was absent from the County's record. That was one of the big sparks that caused even more uproar, because it looked like a police cover up. There was another big issue with the case I can't recall.

So, in this trial, I have no idea, but are they going to be able to use both autopsies, the defense and the prosecution??? I used to watch CSI, but I've also been watching Project Innocence and docs about junk science in court cases. I'd like to see how they determine asphyxiation medically, yet missed it on the first go round.

Ok. So this was the initial autopsy report by the County. And that's County not Parish or Borough, because those distinctions matter.

Now a second private autopsy was performed, and when those results were released people went APE SHIT, because that's when the death by asphyxiation from restraint was announced, which was absent from the County's record. That was one of the big sparks that caused even more uproar, because it looked like a police cover up. There was another big issue with the case I can't recall.

So, in this trial, I have no idea, but are they going to be able to use both autopsies, the defense and the prosecution??? I used to watch CSI, but I've also been watching Project Innocence and docs about junk science in court cases. I'd like to see how they determine asphyxiation medically, yet missed it on the first go round.

Spit-balling here, but maybe they didn't miss it? Maybe they had a conclusion, and found evidence to support the conclusion? Could be true for either side.

The defense will use the state's autopsy (county med examiners work for the state); the prosecution will use the private one, and each will have expert witnesses to attempt to destroy the credibility of the other. The prosecution is going for murder, and the defense will go for reasonable doubt.

The prosecution is going for murder, and the defense will go for reasonable doubt.

And I'm going for a shitshow of a trial. Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman...they won't hold a candle to that madness.

----

Conpiracy theory time (no, I don't believe this), but the riots are orchestrated by people who would be implicated in the Epstein sex scandal. If we focus on BLM and not burning cities, we won't notice when Maxwell doesn't kill herself.

ETA typo fix

Last edited:

To be clear, there is only one official autopsy and it was performed by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner. The HC ME released both a preliminary and a final report. The final report was posted a couple times earlier in this thread.

The Hennepin County ME is independent body that answers only to the county board. Dr. Andrew Baker, the ME, is reportedly well respected and recently earned overwhelming support from the board during his reappointment, even after Floyd's results were released. The National Association of Medical Examiners, of which Baker has served as president, released a statement shortly after his findings were made public in which they stated, in part, he is “one of the most highly regarded and esteemed forensic pathologists in the United States ... known for his expertise and integrity.”

Separately, Floyd's family attorney commissioned to have their own private, independent autopsy performed. This was done after the preliminary autopsy report from the country was released. They selected the examiner and hired a guy that also performed a private autopsy on Eric Garner. They released their findings just prior to the Hennepin County ME's final report. While some may continue to reference this privately funded report, perhaps even the prosecution will make reference it during the trial (they are under no obligation to introduce it during the trial) it cannot be considered neutral or unbiased. Although, interestingly, if introduced to evidence, some argue it may provide ammunition for the defense:
Floyd family autopsy could help accused policeman's defense, legal experts say

Neither report had any impact on rioting or protests; people went ape shit as soon as the video started circulating the night Floyd died.

Last edited:
And I'm going for a shitshow of a trial. Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman...they won't hold a candle to that madness.

----

Conpiracy theory time (no, I don't believe this), but the riots are orchestrated by people who would be implicated in the Epstein sex scandal. If we focus on BLM and not burning cities, we won't notice when Maxwell doesn't kill herself.

ETA typo fix

You forgot to mention George Soros.

Can you elaborate on why It doesn’t matter? I really want to agree with you but I’m always wary of high fiving someone without knowing what I’m high fiving.

It doesn't matter how much of a piece of crap the subject is, the person died in police custody in a controversial way, or believed controversial way. It matters to people like all of us, who look at the facts, but the people who are enraged about this and the politicians using it for political power....it never matters.

The only time law enforcement has survived this initial level of outcry, is when there is video of the incident and the video shows the subject doing something the public can't argue....for example, body camera shows the subject clearly pointing a gun at an officer and officer shoots.....and even then....fify

Last edited:
To be clear, there is only one official autopsy and it was performed by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner. The HC ME released both a preliminary and a final report. The final report was posted a couple times earlier in this thread.

The Hennepin County ME is independent body that answers only to the county board. Dr. Andrew Baker, the ME, is reportedly well respected and recently earned overwhelming support from the board during his reappointment, even after Floyd's results were released. The National Association of Medical Examiners, of which Baker has served as president, released a statement shortly after his findings were made public in which they stated, in part, he is “one of the most highly regarded and esteemed forensic pathologists in the United States ... known for his expertise and integrity.”

Separately, Floyd's family attorney commissioned to have their own private, independent autopsy performed. This was done after the preliminary autopsy report from the country was released. They selected the examiner and hired a guy that also performed a private autopsy on Eric Garner. They released their findings just prior to the Hennepin County ME's final report. While some may continue to reference this privately funded report, perhaps even the prosecution will make reference it during the trial (they are under no obligation to introduce it during the trial) it cannot be considered neutral or unbiased. Although, interestingly, if introduced to evidence, some argue it may provide ammunition for the defense:
Floyd family autopsy could help accused policeman's defense, legal experts say

Neither report had any impact on rioting or protests; people went ape shit as soon as the video started circulating the night Floyd died.

So legally, the only autopsy that matters is the County one? Is that set in legal precedent or what? Because somebody's got to be wrong. They both explicitly state different outcomes.

Back