National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Hey they didn't even cover it during the BLM Riots when their own building suffered a ton of damage. CNN is effed.

Atlanta burns because Atlantans vote for stupid feel good messages even though the people that want the police and need the police often happen to be the poor ones. For whatever reason poor urban folks vote for Democrats. The issue is that the latte liberals of Atlanta vote for crazy progressive things that sound good, but in fact makes their city dangerous. And the Mayor of Atlanta instead of allowing her police force to protect and serve made them not protect and serve and reduced its budget.

I remember when Crime was a huge thing for Democrats.

ETA: Police release names of 6 people arrested in Atlanta protests Jan.21

The new Mayor seems to be taking a different approach from the last.

They all have that Antifa vibe to them, don't they.

Video was just released…family of the victim is calling for ‘peaceful protests’. It might start that way, but as we found out in Minneapolis a few years ago, anarchists fly in, mix in with the crowd, start shit, and things get out of control real fast.

I saw two videos, one 1:37 of them trying to get him to the ground in him getting up and getting tased and running. Then another video much shorter of him getting the absolute shit beat out of him.

I saw two videos, one 1:37 of them trying to get him to the ground in him getting up and getting tased and running. Then another video much shorter of him getting the absolute shit beat out of him.

Yeah. The video of the cop showing up and then straight lining the dudes head up and field goal kicking it is pretty intense ass shit.

Part1 of a multi-post question:

I patiently await the eventual forthcoming news on whether there were prior ‘reports of abuse‘ against these 5 officers.

I patiently await the eventual forthcoming news on their pre-police history and the circumstances that brought them onto the police force.

I patiently await the eventual forthcoming news as to if any/all of the officers had a prior relationship with the deceased.

That looked personal.

Multiple head kicks, hitting the dude with a baton while restrained by the other officers, 4-5 haymakers while restrained…

Maybe I misheard but it sounded like two officers were giving conflicting commands during the initial stop. Regardless, at one point they were holding the guy down, by his hands, and telling him to put his hands behind his back.

This shit makes George Floyd look like the loser in a game of freeze tag.

I did LMAO at Pepper Spray Dude gassing everyone.

I'm no staunch blue line supporter, I judge each cop by their own actions. I know many great cops (policemedic, my brother in law for example), worked with many as a medic, SWAT medic but I also know some fucking shit bags that need to loose their jobs/pensions.

This event was a fucking shit show. It only leads to good cops not having the support from the public because of the actions of a few. Fucking shame.

Just watched the video. Fucking savages. Unreal. Plus, the first responders not doing a fucking thing (probably a fire dept engine crew), waiting 25 mins for a medic unit (urban EMS at its finest, since EMS is over worked with fucking nonsense, a far away medic unit is sent, happens here too). I'm presuming the 2 first responders that are involved were from engine since we don't see medics treating the guy.

Folks wonder why cops get a bad rap. This shit makes the good cops less safe, like they are at all.

I'm certainly no law enforcement expert but face punts are probably not acceptable in use of force, I presume.

All five cops are charged, I hope they all get convicted.

The question remains- if we see what happened and the system has already started the process to punish the criminal actors, what are we protesting? What is the goal of the protest- to get more charges? Or a harsher penalty? Or stop future behavior?

All five cops are charged, I hope they all get convicted.

The question remains- if we see what happened and the system has already started the process to punish the criminal actors, what are we protesting? What is the goal of the protest- to get more charges? Or a harsher penalty? Or stop future behavior?

Exactly. I'm all for peaceful protests for a voice but there's gotta be a reason one would think, instead of just being there to be there.

If the voice is to bring awareness to how fucked up this and other events were, great but yeah, there needs to be an end goal.

Back