National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

The Defense is going to be all over this. Floyd's family had an 'independent' autopsy done and their results were released on Monday.
Cause of death: Homicide due to asphyxia.

Fuck a duck if a jury finds that officer 'not guilty', cause brother...you ain't seen riots in the street like you will that night.

Little piece of trivia, I don't have the numbers in front of me, but getting a murder conviction on a Minnesota police officer, is about as rare as @AWP attending a Nickleback concert.

The most recent was a Minneapolis Somali police officer convicted of killing a white, Australian woman. The BLM stance was, "of course you convict the black cop of killing a white woman'.

The Defense is going to be all over this. Floyd's family had an 'independent' autopsy done and their results were released on Monday.
Cause of death: Homicide due to asphyxia.

Fuck a duck if a jury finds that officer 'not guilty', cause brother...you ain't seen riots in the street like you will that night.

Little piece of trivia, I don't have the numbers in front of me, but getting a murder conviction on a Minnesota police officer, is about as rare as @AWP attending a Nickleback concert.

The most recent was a Minneapolis Somali police officer convicted of killing a white, Australian woman. The BLM stance was, "of course you convict the black cop of killing a white woman'.
Let's also not look past the fentanyl in his system or the evidence of recent methamphetamine use.

To me, some care is probably needed in how George Floyd is viewed and portrayed.

Last edited:
Think your police are poorly trained now...
My favorite on this (without diverging too far) is when people assume cops have more training than anybody else when it comes to firearms. In Florida, cops are only required to shoot their weapon for qualification once every two years. Defensive Tactics (ground fighting and take downs), same thing. Now to be fair, most agencies require internally to qualify once a year in all high liability areas (driving, firearms, DT). However, just like in the Army, there were cops that should NEVER have been issued a sidearm, badge, baton, or taser. I recall once instance at the range when a neighboring rural agency had one cop that had his slide rusted shut because he hadn't pulled his weapon from his holster since the last qual two years earlier. Some agencies try to do as much training as their budget, and the administration allows.

ETA: cops in most cases are just as or more poorly trained as your average joe firearms enthusiast. It's the ones that take a personal interest in firearms instruction and training that surpass their contemporaries. Also forgot, the once a year thing is, in most cases, a requirement for accreditation IIRC.

Last edited:
He is going to get acquitted If the DA keeps upping the charges.
Shooting of Samuel DuBose - Wikipedia
watched this unfold locally. Cop canoed the guys head on camera. He was guilty of murder but not premeditated murder. The DA was stupid. Depending how the the laws are written in MN, this guy is going free.
I think the possibility increases day by day. Just like some famous cases here in FL, they will go for the sexy charges, and not the ones they could realistically prove. Then again this could all be for show. I am willing to bet money the defense is gonna throw the agency under the bus and try to go for something similar to qualified immunity. They will likely argue (among other tactics) that they followed policy and training, and it was the agency that is at fault for the death.

I think the possibility increases day by day. Just like some famous cases here in FL, they will go for the sexy charges, and not the ones they could realistically prove. Then again this could all be for show. I am willing to bet money the defense is gonna throw the agency under the bus and try to go for something similar to qualified immunity. They will likely argue (among other tactics) that they followed policy and training, and it was the agency that is at fault for the death.
It's pure politics at this point. You have a sitting AG in MN that's also a former U.S. Representative and a political activist. He sees personal opportunity.

It's pure politics at this point. You have a sitting AG in MN that's also a former U.S. Representative and a political activist. He sees personal opportunity.
True on all counts, but to be fair, it isn't uncommon for DAs/AGs and the like to come down and take a high profile case regardless of party affiliation.

My favorite on this (without diverging too far) is when people assume cops have more training than anybody else when it comes to firearms. In Florida, cops are only required to shoot their weapon for qualification once every two years. Defensive Tactics (ground fighting and take downs), same thing. Now to be fair, most agencies require internally to qualify once a year in all high liability areas (driving, firearms, DT). However, just like in the Army, there were cops that should NEVER have been issued a sidearm, badge, baton, or taser. I recall once instance at the range when a neighboring rural agency had one cop that had his slide rusted shut because he hadn't pulled his weapon from his holster since the last qual two years earlier. Some agencies try to do as much training as their budget, and the administration allows.

Same thing in the military. In the last ten years or so, I've fired a weapon as part of military training a grand total of twice. That's been within the last two years.

Mingya, what a shit show...

You would think after the highly publicized Eric Garner death that kneeling on someone's neck or chest for too long would be known as lethal force, independent of: asthma, cardiovascular disease, Covid-19, recent drug use etc.

Not a lawyer, but whatever charges they come up with better damn well be provable in a court of law, because like it or not, this cop still has rights.

True on all counts, but to be fair, it isn't uncommon for DAs/AGs and the like to come down and take a high profile case regardless of party affiliation.
Agreed....but usually they have some sort of experience as a prosecutor...or court room experience...or even a current license to practice law. None of these are true with Ellison, except possibly the last one (he was not current 2 years ago, it's possible he's done some continuing ed to get it current again). MN law does not require the AG to be an attorney or have a license to practice law. It's rare, but Ellison is evidence that it can happen. That is a recipe for a shit show, regardless of party affiliation.

So who is this Candice Owens? She's got a "checkmark" by her name so I'm assuming she's 'somebody'? This video popped up on my Facebook feed today. She's coming out against the support for George Floyd and calling out the BLM movement.

Not sure what to make of her... @R.Caerbannog , are you aware of her? Thoughts?

I've heard of her, but I'm not on social media so I only have cursory glance of her views. Anyone have cliff notes of her interview?

Anyways... I don't really know about her, but she's right that George Floyd isn't a hero and this BLM movement is a bunch of BS. Let me put it like this, when you deify men like Floyd you set a bad example for the community.

Basically your giving all the hoodrats, chollos, dirtbags/strongmen/whatever, unofficial clearance to keep doing what they're doing. It's kinda like giving the worst elements of society carte blanche. Stuff like this destroys neighborhoods, impedes social mobility by stranding people in those destroyed neighborhoods, and gives criminal elements the justification to keep neighborhoods/people under their thumbs.

Floyd's death and this BLM movement are only serving to separate the black communities from the rest of us. Look at it like this, there is a reason why food desserts exist in the inner city. It's why the only people who do business down there are other blacks and owners of small bodega like stores run by foreigners. Long story short, this is going to further the divide between communities even more.

If you don't believe me check out the author and economist Sudhir Venkatesh and his academic work on the underground economies of the black community. If you want a more entertaining read check out "Gang Leader for a Day".

For those still in denial that this is planned and coordinated, check out the link below in the spoiler cap.
It's a google doc with links and contact info to lawyers, TTP's, first aid info, DA's, bail resources, reasons to loot, ect. All this is being coordinated and these people have a very wide network. For those of you in Fayetteville, Minneapolis, or any affected city, start by checking out the lawyers and legal help section of the document.

Was he upset when Clinton moved Marines into LA during those riots?
Let’s say yes? Or no. Or who cares how he felt then? The purpose of the letter was to highlight a guy (President) that he’s personally worked for as a member of the admin. A person that he thinks has overstepped his constitutional bounds and has damaged the presidency.

Was the impetus for that non action 25 years ago punitive (he wasn’t allowed) or a personal decision (he didn’t feel the same way about Clinton as the Commander in a Chief)?

My question would be- who cares? Not the time, context or same situation.

For all those that insist that the right doesn’t play “cancel culture” and “you were my hero but you dared oppose the emperor so now you’re my villain”, please see the current reaction to Gen Mattis.

Crazy. When the president appointed him to his position, he was a lifelong patriot. Now he’s not- is it because we learned more about him or is it because he no longer supports our narrative?

You would think after the highly publicized Eric Garner death that kneeling on someone's neck or chest for too long would be known as lethal force, independent of: asthma, cardiovascular disease, Covid-19, recent drug use etc.

Not a lawyer, but whatever charges they come up with better damn well be provable in a court of law, because like it or not, this cop still has rights.

Every time the family or an outside 'agent' pursues a parallel investigation, if the result is different than the original or other investigations (in this case, ME's report), all it does is give a defense attorney ammunition.

A friend of mine, former co-worker, used to be an ADA and went into private practice, said the more they have different findings, the more room for non-guilty or acquittal.

I tell you what is getting to me now is the massive virtue signaling, on social media, at work, everywhere, where it seems to be a race to see who is the most 'un-racist.'

Because he’s right.
Was he upset when Clinton moved Marines into LA during those riots?
Let’s say yes? Or no. Or who cares how he felt then? The purpose of the letter was to highlight a guy (President) that he’s personally worked for as a member of the admin. A person that he thinks has overstepped his constitutional bounds and has damaged the presidency.

Was the impetus for that non action 25 years ago punitive (he wasn’t allowed) or a personal decision (he didn’t feel the same way about Clinton as the Commander in a Chief)?

My question would be- who cares? Not the time, context or same situation.

For all those that insist that the right doesn’t play “cancel culture” and “you were my hero but you dared oppose the emperor so now you’re my villain”, please see the current reaction to Gen Mattis.

Crazy. When the president appointed him to his position, he was a lifelong patriot. Now he’s not- is it because we learned more about him or is it because he no longer supports our narrative?
I don't see why usung an existing law is a threat to the constitution, unlike weaponizing the DoJ. I wonder how Mattis feels about that?

Back