National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Not to dogpile, but to reiterate an earlier point. If y'all are going to broad, potentially incendiary comments, new information, now topics or thread drift...please cite your sources or expect to be checked by other members and/ or the staff. Give us a link, a Twitter post..something.

Y'all are doing a lot better and I thank you for that.

The driver didn't say he was shot at, the cops say the driver shot first, you can hear the shots in the video prior to the car speeding away, at which point you can hear the third party shooting at it.

Where the hell did y'all get the idea Foster shot at this dude five times and missed?

Right now everything looks like the driver sped into a crowd of people, got spooked, and shot the first dude he saw with a gun.

What we know so far about the investigation into the deadly shooting at an Austin protest

^^Just saw that on Fox, everyone can see so much damn footage on TV or YouTube it's pointless to try to speak otherwise... unless you're deflecting because you want mayhem to continue.

Wait until a LEO or FLEO gets killed with a brick or burned or something. You'll see the same clowns on TV blaming Trump for trying to restore order...

Right now everything looks like the driver sped into a crowd of people, got spooked, and shot the first dude he saw with a gun.

What we know so far about the investigation into the deadly shooting at an Austin protest
Similar to your observation, where the hell are people getting the idea he sped into a crowd? I don't know what people consider "speeding into a crowd" but there is absolutely no video evidence I've seen to support that narrative even a little bit.

The driver was mostly stopped then slowly attempted to make a right hand turn (possibly honked at people, unknown if that was his horn but assuming it probably was) before again yielding.

Always two versions of a story. Truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

The driver didn't say he was shot at, the cops say the driver shot first, you can hear the shots in the video prior to the car speeding away, at which point you can hear the third party shooting at it.

Where the hell did y'all get the idea Foster shot at this dude five times and missed?

Angry white guy with an AK approaches a car and may or may not have pointed the AK at the car. Magazine was in the weapon ( which may be illegal in TX). How many drivers have been shot/ shot at?
Do you wait for him to shoot? or defend yourself by shooting first?
Blocking traffic isn't necessarily legal.

I know the cops brought the two guys from the car in, interviewed them, and let them go (keeping the car and gun for evidence. Not for nothing, the driver and occupant apparently had a permit for concealed carry (facts not germane to the case, I know, still interesting trivia). If they were in the car and a guy with an AK pointed said AK at them, they had reasonable cause.

As for the whole vet thing at the riot, my momma always said "you are judged by the company you keep." Whether or not he had the right to be there, by being there he showed a remarkable lack of SA. He can plead "din do nuffin" to the judge and justice will prevail.

Similar to your observation, where the hell are people getting the idea he sped into a crowd? I don't know what people consider "speeding into a crowd" but there is absolutely no video evidence I've seen to support that narrative even a little bit.

The driver was mostly stopped then slowly attempted to make a right hand turn (possibly honked at people, unknown if that was his horn but assuming it probably was) before again yielding.

Always two versions of a story. Truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Check the video in the link I shared; there's the footage of a car that turns straight into the crowd while blaring on its horn. My understanding is that was the car involved in the incident.

I could be completely wrong and that isn't the vehicle in question, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary.
Angry white guy with an AK approaches a car and may or may not have pointed the AK at the car. Magazine was in the weapon ( which may be illegal in TX). How many drivers have been shot/ shot at?
Do you wait for him to shoot? or defend yourself by shooting first?
Blocking traffic isn't necessarily legal.

I'm not trying to imply that the driver was in the wrong, but this situation doesn't seem as clear cut as some posts on this board try to make it seem. Foster didn't have to actually fire his weapon to be a legitimate threat, and we have no need to push that narrative here if the facts (as they stand now) don't support that.

Foster still violated one of the most inportant rules of having a firearm; don't point it at someone unless you intend to pull the trigger.

The driver understood that rule and acted appropriately.

Check the video in the link I shared; there's the footage of a car that turns straight into the crowd while blaring on its horn. My understanding is that was the car involved in the incident.

I could be completely wrong and that isn't the vehicle in question, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary.
Saw the video and agree it's the car. That's not the issue. As I stated previously, to suggest it "sped" into the crowd is a gross mischaracterization of what that video shows.

It looks like the car sped through an opening in the the foot traffic before honking and slowing down to a stop when the crowds blocked its passage.

It looks like the car sped through an opening in the the foot traffic before honking and slowing down to a stop when the crowds blocked its passage.
What do you defining as speeding through the crowd? Any movement at all?! Because it wasn't much more than that. I'm no expert on vehicle speed but judging by the pace of those walking nearby, he was maybe doing 5+ or so mph; not notably different from the car with the dashcam. Is that speeding into a crowd?! He stopped, then made a right hand turn and came to a stop almost immediately when rounding the corner before being swarmed by the crowd that was unlawfully marching in the street.

What do you defining as speeding through the crowd?
Either he was stopped as you said and accelerated in order to move through the opening, or he wasn't stopped and coasted through the opening before slowing down to stop after the crowd blocked.

Since this doesn't seem clear, I'd say he'cut' through the opening.

Either he was stopped as you said and accelerated in order to move through the opening, or he wasn't stopped and coasted through the opening before slowing down to stop after the crowd blocked.

Since this doesn't seem clear, I'd say he'cut' through the opening.
Either way, do you define that as "speeding into an crowd"?

I don't. To suggest that, as it has been here and in other places numerous times, based on the video we've seen is a gross mischaracterization. Period.

Still shots from another video show a rifle being pointed at the car.
Gunman 1 s/b good.
Gunman2, may have some explaining to do.

Gunman 2 as in the person who fired back at the car?

That is an interesting scenario.

If person A was justifiably shot by person B, but person C did not witness/is otherwise unaware of that justification, is person C in the wrong (legally) for firing back at person B?

Back