PJ washouts being discharged???

That's an interesting situation, maybe he had undiagnosed ADD?

Or maybe the AF considered his academic failure a breach of contract. Maybe there was a clause in in contract that he missed or just didn't read. Who knows?

I know that on the Army side, we tried to get them some kind of language if we had open seats in in languages that the Army wanted. Barring that, we would look at reclassing them into non-language MI MOSs. My PSGs got very creative and proficient when it came to keeping folks in the Army.

:)I was in BALLZ 004 - *...

One of my buddies from my bmt flight is still in there. *He does fine on every eval except treading water. *Cant keep his head above water and hasnt passed a treading eval since week 2, but he gives everything he's got every single day and never scurves. *Cadre notice that and take that into consideration.

...so I was sent to a guard/reserve liaison and she did offer me the option to seperate from the AF. *She said alot of PJ washouts to choose to do this since the AF is downsizing now. *However Ive yet to hear of a cone gettng discharged just from falling out of Indoc. I think he would have to do some incredibly stupid things to get a discharge straight from Indoc. *Most men who get out choose another SpecOps afsc mainly TACP or SERE since there is little or no water con. *However if they do fail out of another afsc it is true that you will get discharged. I think that goes for any career field.

Im just waiting for my reclass now, discharging myself out of the AF wouldnt look too good in the civ world.

*1st: haha you said scurve. I haven't heard that word since I left the 42nd last October.
2nd: since when did they go back to calling pj wannabes cones? when I was there it was just cct. and do you know what cone stands for? (probably, you were there long enough)
3rd: I was on ballz 6 last year, and this was when they began to be pretty serious about threatening, if not actually doing, discharges for failures. especially if you didn't make it on team to begin with. I got injured pretty quick, so I won't pretend I was on team long, and I never really got to see how much I could take because my body gave out on me. we had 85 out of 95 make it on team, which is pretty outstanding compared to normal. (5 failed the initial past, 5 were injured or quit before trying.) *by day five, I think 40 were left if I remember right. either 6 or 7 graduated indoc, I was gone at that point so besides our Lt's I'm not even positive who. as for a review board, unless it's changed significantly, the commandant was your review board. if your paperwork gets marked "do not reclass" then there is a good chance you can kiss the air force good bye. from what happened while I was there, and what ice heard since, getting discharged isn't most likely, but it has happened.*

on another note, one of my buddies who was in bmt, on team, and subsequently reclassed into the same thing as me, was recently afforded the news that he will most likely be discharged after being in more than a year, thanks to a car accident he was in a couple weeks ago. he was planning on going back to try for CCT, just as I am. that's a discharge that's tough to swallow, because I know the guy well enough to know he is capable of overcoming the setbacks that his current injuries will give him, but he may never get another chance to try now. I was fortunate and my injuries didn't permanently bar me from a return run at the 342. just that I wouldn't be able to be on any team soon.*

I spent 3 months at the 342 on my first go round. I can't wait til it comes time for me to get my shot again.*

I heard the east wing is still closed down, but is there still triple bunking in all the rooms? that started when I was there.*

Back