Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

20230326_113251.jpg

Zoe (the Tortie) and Lily. Both 2 years old and this is about the only time they aren't running wild.

I was working 3rd shift at the time we got them as kittens, and the Tortie has pretty much become my shadow when I'm home. She's had a bit of jealousy since we brought the baby home as evidenced here.

FB_IMG_1679849661716.jpg

She generally runs off when baby starts crying. Lily on the other hand has taken to the baby quite well.

We're looking forward to adding a dog (Lab or Retriever) to the family once the little girl is a bit older and mobile.

Robbie took his last trip to the vet yesterday after 17 years with the family. Half Border collie, half Sheltie. He was a gentle soul and never did anything wrong. He was upstaged after the arrival of our Mal puppy...and had to take a backseat to TR's alpha personality. But always loving and faithful.

Robbie meets TR for the first time.

IMG_0360.JPG

Last edited:
Robbie took his last trip to the vet yesterday after 17 years with the family. He was a gentle soul and never did anything wrong. He was upstaged after the arrival of our Mal puppy...and had to take a backseat to TR's alpha personality. But always loving and faithful.

Robbie meets TR for the first time.

View attachment 41915

Our youngest son, now 26, was only 9 when Robbie came into our life.

View attachment 41916

Robbie had a great life.
That last ride to the vet always sucks😔
So happy for you that you have TR!

So…TR has been grieving a bit. After Robbie died, TR brought his Teddy bear out to the living room for the first time ever.

IMG_2237.jpeg

Mrs Gunz plans to get him a Border Collie companion this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it because I don’t know how TR is going to react. She thinks he needs a companion. I’m worried he will eat the Border Collie. Will advise.

Last edited:
So…TR has been grieving a bit. After Robbie died, TR brought his Teddy bear out to the living room for the first time ever.
They feel the pain; it is very real to them.

Some years ago I had a Cocker and a G. Shepherd. When I’d let them outside they’d run the fence line (one on each side) and meet in the center…I lost track of the number of squirrels and Rabbits they killed that way; they were always so proud!

For weeks after we put the Shepherd down, the Cocker would make his run and then stand confused when Tera was not there in the middle to meet him. Always made me very sad to watch.

View attachment 42051

Mrs Gunz plans to get him a Border Collie companion this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it because I don’t know how TR is going to react. She thinks he needs a companion. I’m worried he will eat the Border Collie. Will advise.
So sad. But don't worry too much about the Border Collie. Hubby says TR will have to catch it first.

WOW!

So Mrs Gunz & Son Gunz brought a dog friend home for TR yesterday. He's a 4-month-old short-haired border collie and we named him Joey...because he looks like a Joey. At first TR wanted to eat him. But now they seem to be getting along just fine. And TR has shown every sign of cheering up!

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Last edited:
So, we have a new dog, a 3 year old Westie. Katie was an unexpected visitor for us, my 84 year old mother wanted another dog and decided to get Katie. After a month, my mom had a medical incident that led to a stroke and hospital/Rehab stay. We kept Katie while mom was in the hospital. After about a month, mother asked us to keep Katie if we could, she admitted she cannot care for a younger dog. We said we would, Katie is a sweet dog with a good personality.

So now we have a foo foo dog....not what I expected to have for our next dog....but, it s a good thing.

Katie2.jpgKatie1.jpg

Back