Question regarding 11x MOS split with Option 40

rcdavisjr

Unverified
Hello, all.

I'll be meeting with a recruiter in approximately two weeks to discuss getting an 11x Option 40 contract. Ideally, I would want an 11B MOS but, as you all know, the 11x contract doesn't guarantee which 11 Series MOS I'd receive at OSUT.

I'm hoping any Rangers or infantry on this site can offer some insight into what the MOS split looks like, in terms of how many 11x Op40 candidates receive 11B and how many receive 11C? Is the MOS assignment random, or do they have a process of determining who goes where?

Any insight you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

11X is open ended. You can ask for 11B or C but ultimately, there are 2 major deciding factors - Needs of the Regiment and your line scores. The final decision will be made at Ft. Benning.

11X is open ended. You can ask for 11B or C but ultimately, there are 2 major deciding factors - Needs of the Regiment and your line scores. The final decision will be made at Ft. Benning.

Thank you for the very quick reply, sir.

Would you happen to know which line scores would be considered, or is that a question for my recruiter?

Also, would it be fair to assume that the Regiment will generally need more 11B's than 11C's?

Back