Quitting smoking, need some encouragment!

Have any of you (smoking) quitters taken up vaping? It has become extremely popular in my neck of the woods and just wondered if it extended much outside of the Military?

Not me. I see a lot of people doing it, but I'm too close to the edge. Wouldn't take much to push me over.

Plus, I think it's gay.

Well done mate! You're ready for cigars. I've not smoked for 25 years now, except for the bogan bint dragging on a Winnie Blue at work today. I was downwind x 25 metres of this munchkin & yea verily it fuckingwell pissed me off. But cigars, well now, you can embibe and really enjoy it. As Churchill said, "A woman is a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke."

My wife used the patch and it work for her. One day she forgot to put one on and did't realize until about two days later.
She had to quit drinking to make it stick. I guess smoking and drinking go together.

Tricare covers the patch 100%

Note: once she started drinking again she picked it back up.

My wife used the patch and it work for her. One day she forgot to put one on and did't realize until about two days later.
She had to quit drinking to make it stick. I guess smoking and drinking go together.

Tricare covers the patch 100%

Last edited:
She was good for about a year. Then one night out we had a couple of drinks and the next thing I know she is bumming one from the lady next to us.

She just ordered the stage 1 patch and plans to try again.

She can't drink and not smoke so she is putting down the beer which mean I have to put down the bourbon.

Whatever it takes to get her to quit

She was good for about a year. Then one night out we had a couple of drinks and the next thing I know she is bumming one from the lady next to us.

She just ordered the stage 1 patch and plans to try again.

She can't drink and not smoke so she is putting down the beer which mean I have to put down the bourbon.

Whatever it takes to get her to quit

Last edited:
I've been bumming a few lately myself. At the VFW, the Marine Corps League, etc. So far it hasn't reawakened the Beast...but I'm watching it carefully because it's an insidious thing. :dead:

Back