Raid on President Trump's Home

Me thinks it sounds like rich white drunk lazy, and perhaps the dialect is morphing before our very eyes.

Also, not that anyone cares, but here's my "there there" partisanship equality: a couple years ago, I laughed out loud when Trump told the children of America to listen to their parents and stay in the apartment. Thought it was hilarious. Really made me laugh.

Re-reading this, *My "there there" reference sounds completely different in the middle of the sentence 😳 versus the end followed by a confident podium tap 🤣 ...so that's a bit awkward.

Every time he speaks now he has to be on epinephrine to just get through five minutes.

There was no "there" there when the FBI raided Mar a Lago. Except to put Trump in the news for something bad and subvert an Election by going "Orange Man Bad".

What cracks me up, but is no surprise, is how people point to the quantity of documents found, the difference between the two situations. If you point out to “those people” that 6 robberies vs 300 or whatever, or 6 murders vs whatever number…still makes you a criminal. Not only do we have whataboutism but we also have a severe loss of logic and reasoning. Weaponized hypocrisy.

Technically speaking, VP has OCA.
Extremely technically speaking- yes, the VP has OCA (Original Classification Authority). What he does not have, however, is the authority to declassify documents that his office did not initially classify. President Obama enacted executive order 13526, denoting who possesses declassification authority and while the VP is named, his power is much more truncated than a sitting president.

For example, then-VP Biden would have to show the process he used to declassify any document that his office itself did not initially classify; then he will have to show that he could possess those documents when he left office.

So, in internet *ackshually* terms- sure, the VP has OCA. In the context of this specific conversation, no, he does not possess that authority.

So, in internet *ackshually* terms- sure, the VP has OCA. In the context of this specific conversation, no, he does not possess that authority.
In the context of this specific conversation and to your point, it is too early to make this claim until you can show the documents were not classified by then-VPOTUS Biden or any officials or offices under his purview, and that information hasn't been released.

It's a moot point for POTUS, though, because he isn't claiming to have declassified them and, classified or not, he stored them all improperly.

In the context of this specific conversation and to your point, it is too early to make this claim until you can show the documents were not classified by then-VPOTUS Biden or any officials or offices under his purview, and that information hasn't been released.

It's a moot point for POTUS, though, because he isn't claiming to have declassified them and, classified or not, he stored them all improperly.
Nooooope, it’s not. And your second contention is also not correct.

I’m happy to say, right now, that the documents stored in 3 separate locations (office, home, garage) were not classified by Biden’s office as the OCA, and therefore are in his possession in conflict with the reg. Mark the time, call me on it later. The number of documents that are classified by the office of the Vice President are infinitesimally small; when considering who reports to the VP directly. Mainly because- the fewer documents your office classifies, the less culpability you have. It’s called ‘secret compartmentalized information’ for a reason. You don’t let the VP or his office act as the OCA so they have plausible deniability *when* leakage occurs. Let’s call it a gentleman’s bet- but these documents were 100% not classified by Biden during the Obama administration (before the executive order mentioned above, which didn’t happen till 2009 anyway).

To your second point- please go back and read the thread or google or whatever. You don’t seem to understand the sitting president’s ability to declassify, and the question isn’t about ‘storage’. It’s about ‘possession’.

EDIT to fix weird wording because I haz the dum.

Last edited:
Guys, I have an update....

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/21/politics/white-house-documents/index.html

Bob Bauer, the president’s personal attorney, said in a statement that during the search, which took place over nearly 13 hours Friday, “DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President.

Nooooope, it’s not. And your second contention is also not correct.

I’m happy to say, right now, that the documents stored in 3 separate locations (office, home, garage) were not classified by Biden’s office as the OCA, and therefore are in his possession in conflict with the reg. Mark the time, call me on it later. The number of documents that are classified by the office of the Vice President are infinitesimally small; when considering who reports to the VP directly. Mainly because- the fewer documents your office classifies, the less culpability you have. It’s called ‘secret compartmentalized information’ for a reason. You don’t let the VP or his office act as the OCA so they have plausible deniability *when* leakage occurs. Let’s call it a gentleman’s bet- but these documents were 100% not classified by Biden during the Obama administration (before the executive order mentioned above, which didn’t happen till 2009 anyway).
There's nothing wrong with being happy about something you've still failed to show as fact to prove your point in the context of a discussion that relies on demonstrable evidence to move forward with claims of truth. Your enthusiasm about your claim just does nothing to demonstrate its truth until you present the facts that prove it, which you haven't done.
To your second point- please go back and read the thread or google or whatever. You don’t seem to understand the sitting president’s ability to declassify, and the question isn’t about ‘storage’. It’s about ‘possession’.
It looks like you're picking at a point with which we already agree: the basis for his investigation stands regardless of whether or not he claimed to declassify (he didn't) the documents that were found.
EDIT to fix weird wording because I haz the dum.
No worries - happens to all of us! :thumbsup:

We have 6 documents from the original search of Biden's home, plus whatever came out of the Penn office. NOW we have "six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials."

6 items. Not 6 additional documents, but 6 items...so folders? Boxes? Footlockers? Corvettes?

And Biden's personal attorney was allowed to accompany the search parties. Guess what other document hunt did not allow personal attorneys to be present?

This whole thing stinks.

There's nothing wrong with being happy about something you've still failed to show as fact to prove your point in the context of a discussion that relies on demonstrable evidence to move forward with claims of truth. Your enthusiasm about your claim just does nothing to demonstrate its truth until you present the facts that prove it, which you haven't done.
This is my favorite part about the internet. I looked at all available facts, put 2+2 together, and made a read of the scenario- and you said I haven’t proven anything. It’s not science, man. Also- I was right, so how is that not ‘proof’? As stated above- more documents found. No declassification authority as a senator.

Biden scandal intensifies as FBI finds six more classified memos in search of his Delaware home
It looks like you're picking at a point with which we already agree: the basis for his investigation stands regardless of whether or not he claimed to declassify (he didn't) the documents that were found.
No, I don’t agree with that point. The president doesn’t need to say he declassified anything at all and therefore the basis of the investigation is politically motivated by a partisan DOJ. That’s why I asked you to go back and do a little more research so we aren’t rehashing old ground, but here we are.

If Trump- while president- thought to himself, “These documents are cool I want to declassify them and keep them”, that’s it. Poof. The national archives had been in contact for months with Trump. This wasn’t spillage. Despite what the MSM will have you believe (Thanks, Comey and Hillary)- ‘intent’ has zero to do with this crime; it’s purely possession. Period. And in Trump’s case, there’s no crime and he needs to make zero claims. It doesn’t matter if he’s saying publicly they were declassified or not. There’s no process to follow.

“Do you have secrets stored outside of proper storage? Did you hold the proper authority at time of taking them?” If you answered yes and no respectively, you’re guilty. That’s pretty much it. So, the ‘basis for this investigation’, which is actually 2 separate investigations, is not the same.

The basis for Trump’s investigation was a desire of a sitting president to hurt his political opponent before the midterms, by raiding his house although he’d been cooperating with a national agency for months.

The basis for the Biden investigation is (my opinion the most likely scenario) is ‘tip or flip’, meaning, the political machine wants Biden gone, so someone on his team either tipped off the feds, or someone got caught up in another investigation (Hunter and Joe both being investigated RN) and flipped for a better deal. E.G., some low level nerd gets squeezed for some Hunter Burisma malfeasance. LE says, “Hey, if you got any info on bigger crimes, we can help you out.” Senior Squeals A Lot says, “Alright, yeah, there are all these documents…”

It’s the only logical explanation as to why they keep finding docs in all these locations- because these agencies didn’t become some sort of lawful do gooder taking down their boss. The same DOJ that called parents domestic terrorists because they yelled at school meetings did not just suddenly become this ethical watchdog, fighting evil on search of the truth.

More likely- someone went to the DOJ and said, “I know where all these documents are and unless you go find them in these specific places, I’ll go to the press, so don’t try and sweep it under the rug or your organization goes down too.”

So, I’ll say it again- Biden had docs he didn’t have the authority to declassify stored outside of accepted processes. Those documents were stored at at least 3 different locations. The security of the storage location and intent of the person possessing (Biden) make no difference to the case, at least as the code states.

Back