Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

I think Holm is the most challenging opponent for Rousey in a while. I'm not sure it will be the most exciting fight but keeping Rousey at distance and avoiding the clinch is the only way to last with her. None of her opponents was able to challenge her in the clinch. I guess Sarah Mann might have been able to but Rousey didn't wait to find out - just proved she was a much better striker than Mann and put her down.

I think Holm is the most challenging opponent for Rousey in a while. I'm not sure it will be the most exciting fight but keeping Rousey at distance and avoiding the clinch is the only way to last with her. None of her opponents was able to challenge her in the clinch. I guess Sarah Mann might have been able to but Rousey didn't wait to find out - just proved she was a much better striker than Mann and put her down.
And I think a good point is in your comment- Rousey gameplans really, really well.

Holm is by far the best striker Rousey has fought, most notably that left leg of Holly's (devastating) and she's a southpaw to boot. Lanky, good reach, sick hands- but Ronda knows all this.

It'll be a good test but Rowdy is officially in the "never bet against this person ever for any reason until you bet on them and they actually lose" category.

BOOM!!!:thumbsup:

ronda%20rousey%20jimmy%20fallon.jpg

:ninja::blkeye:

So, does anyone think that nasty left leg of Holly Holm's can connect and catch Ronda? Anyone?

I'm going with an armbar submission (surprise) by Ronda (surprise) in the 1st. I'll say that Holly makes it interesting by keeping distance for about 2:30 until Ronda secures a takedown.

The only way I see Holly having a chance is...jab, jab, footwork. Jab, jab and keep her distance. She fights out of Greg Jackson and Wink's gym so they tend to game plan well against specific techniques. I'm interested in how they handle Ronda in the clinch, which is how she normally secures her takedowns.

Unless Holm's has some gnarly ground work that I don't know about. If/when she goes to the ground, I think she gets wrecked and likely as you stated.

I'm going with an armbar submission (surprise) by Ronda (surprise) in the 1st. I'll say that Holly makes it interesting by keeping distance for about 2:30 until Ronda secures a takedown.

The weigh-ins were hilarious. Check it out:

Ronda Rousey on Holly Holm after UFC 193 weigh-in scuffle: 'Fake humility b-tch'

The color video at the top shows what the crowd saw (Holms apparently hitting Ronda in the face during the faceoff), but the second video in b&w shows what Ronda actually did to manufacture the 'cheapshot' from Holms in the first video.

RR came up in Holm's face all fierce, and when Holm raised her arms to the outside, RR wrapped her arm around Holm's and then pulled Holm's fist into her own face. Then she tried to use that as a springboard to attack Holm for having fake respect because of her 'cheapshot'. :rolleyes:

RR came off as extremely insecure throughout the whole thing through her words and her behavior, and to make matters worse Holm was completely unphased the entire time. It was embarrassing to watch for Ronda; Holm was about as affected as a Great Dane tolerating a smaller house pet trying desperately to get its attention.

Totally agree. I still think Rousey wins- but here's a fun experiment.

Find the one person left on the face of the earth that has no idea who Ronda Rousey is, play them that clip, and then see if they can tell you who the champ is. I'd venture to say you'd get an overwhelming number of "The tall blonde one is", just because of how calm and unphased Holly looked.

Interesting.

Totally agree. I still think Rousey wins- but here's a fun experiment.

Find the one person left on the face of the earth that has no idea who Ronda Rousey is, play them that clip, and then see if they can tell you who the champ is. I'd venture to say you'd get an overwhelming number of "The tall blonde one is", just because of how calm and unphased Holly looked.

Interesting.

Yeah, that was a clown move by Rousey.

Forgive the Rocky reference -

Ronda is at the height of her popularly, magazine spreads, TV, talk of her being in movies - stories of how she's kicked someone's ass after a movie, she is making the mistake of believing her own press.

As I've watched the hype and prep for this fight, I've continued to think of her as Rocky from Rocky III and Holly as Clubber Lang - that woman is focused and hungry-

I want her to continue her reign, but I fear somewhere in her corner is a Mick, wishing she'd just get back to chasing chickens again.

Hope I'm wrong...

As I've watched the hype and prep for this fight, I've continued to think of her as Rocky from Rocky III and Holly as Clubber Lang - that woman is focused and hungry-
With the hype and especially after weigh-ins, I'm seeing a lot less Clubber Lang and much more of this:
i4gj2Gm.png

Back