School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

I very rarely shopped at REI anyways, because they are definitely overpriced, like @DC said. Wal Mart is also getting in on the action by announcing no sales of guns or ammo to anyone under 21.

Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21

Not using Wal Mart will be more difficult, but I will do what I can. My wife doesn't get worked enough over this to take that step, so she will continue to shop there. I will take my business elsewhere whenever possible though. I don't support businesses making bullshit knee-jerk decisions that have no factual basis.

Turners Outdoorsman, Big 5 here is pretty good. Last time I was in a brick and mortar outdoor store was Bass Pro in Wyoming. These quitter merchs just gave other shops a huge boost. Fuck um. Fuck em all.

Our judge will not allow a warrantless arrest of a charge signed by a victim unless the crimes falls under ORC definition of a “warrantless allowed” offenses, ie charges of violence. I just got off the phone with our prosecutor talking about the very same thing..

Yeah, same here on many (but not all) misdemeanors not witnessed by the police--including some assaults. These instances require a warrant and an arrest at a later date.

The bigger problem we encounter is a lack of willing complainants, because whether the arrest is made immediately or later on, the case hinges on a complainant.

I am SO disappointed that REI got involved in this. I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars there...now I just don’t know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...to-its-weapons-sales-nra-ties/&freshcontent=1

CamelBak water bottles, Bell bicycle helmets, Giro ski goggles — these products are all owned by Vista Outdoor, which includes gun and ammo makers among its brands and has a strong connection to the National Rifle Association.

And that’s part of the reason REI, a nationwide outdoor retailer and consumer co-op, announced Thursday evening that it would no longer be ordering CamelBak, Bell, Giro or any other of the 50 Vista Outdoor brands to sell in its stores.

I hate my CamelBak and my ski goggles because they helped the NRA kill all those kids so Im going to take them outside and shoot--oh, wait--stab them.

Yeah, same here on many (but not all) misdemeanors not witnessed by the police--including some assaults. These instances require a warrant and an arrest at a later date.

The bigger problem we encounter is a lack of willing complainants, because whether the arrest is made immediately or later on, the case hinges on a complainant.

Ok, glad to hear that. I thought our judge was the only one. Seems like just a couple years ago the victim could sign a complaint and we could go make an arrest. Which, now that I think about it seems very wrong constitutionally. I’m not sure how I’d feel if the Police arrested me based on their determination of probable cause. Again, thinking constitutionally.

Think I said this before, I arrested an 18 year old student for “Making terroristic treats” (F4) last year. He posted on Facebook that he was going to get high and shoot up the school. Grand jury did not indict. Makes me feel like the public is worried about this issue only when it actually happens. For that specific Ohio Revised Code it even says something like, “it is not a defense that the defendant doesn’t have the means to carry out such an act.” When he (after being marandized) admitted the posting was his and that he wrote it an indictment should have been handed down. I think it speaks to the complacency of the public, “he wouldn’t have done that” kind of a thing.

Damn.

My initial reaction is WTF. But is the rule “when the door gets locked, it stays locked?”

Reminds me of the submarine movies when they are forced to “close the hatch” while there are still guys on the other side with water flowing in.

Parkland high school junior hits out at 'coward' teacher | Daily Mail Online

Was the child shot? That would actually make him a victim. If so I can legit understand the child's frustration. However, procedures exist for a reason and that's not being a coward. Doesn't make you a hero, but it sure as shit doesn't make you a coward. The peak outrage and woke culture needs to get excised from our society.

I very rarely shopped at REI anyways, because they are definitely overpriced, like @DC said. Wal Mart is also getting in on the action by announcing no sales of guns or ammo to anyone under 21.

Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21

Not using Wal Mart will be more difficult, but I will do what I can. My wife doesn't get worked enough over this to take that step, so she will continue to shop there. I will take my business elsewhere whenever possible though. I don't support businesses making bullshit knee-jerk decisions that have no factual basis.

I rarely go to Wal Mart anymore. I do buy my dog's Cosequin there because is so ridiculously cheap. Due to the Cosequin being situated near the back of the store, just getting to it makes me regret even being in Wal Mart and I cannot wait to get out. ;-) I have been buying the Cosequin in bulk to keep these excursions to a minimum.
Cannot do REI. Too many hipsters!:ack:

Walmart is Chicom junk store. Everything disposable. It’s what happened when we let china take our manufacturing complex. Greed.

y
I am SO disappointed that REI got involved in this. I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars there...now I just don’t know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...to-its-weapons-sales-nra-ties/&freshcontent=1

CamelBak water bottles, Bell bicycle helmets, Giro ski goggles — these products are all owned by Vista Outdoor, which includes gun and ammo makers among its brands and has a strong connection to the National Rifle Association.

And that’s part of the reason REI, a nationwide outdoor retailer and consumer co-op, announced Thursday evening that it would no longer be ordering CamelBak, Bell, Giro or any other of the 50 Vista Outdoor brands to sell in its stores.
Concur. Extremely disappointed in REI. This should smell like opportunity for the new Gander Outdoors.

I am curious though... I've never shopped Walmart and I've never even considered Dick's when shopping firearms. Clearly, they must sell enough to warrant continued sales but who really shops there? That's a serious question and not meant to disrespect anyone that does...like I said, I've simply never shopped them; I've always gone to actual gun shops or shopped manufacturers/distributers online. Do Walmart/Dick's cater to people just getting into firearms? I imagine it being mostly lower quality, entry level, budget type stuff but maybe I'm missing out on something?

y
Concur. Extremely disappointed in REI. This should smell like opportunity for the new Gander Outdoors.

I am curious though... I've never shopped Walmart and I've never even considered Dick's when shopping firearms. Clearly, they must sell enough to warrant continued sales but who really shops there? That's a serious question and not meant to disrespect anyone that does...like I said, I've simply never shopped them; I've always gone to actual gun shops or shopped manufacturers/distributers online. Do Walmart/Dick's cater to people just getting into firearms? I imagine it being mostly lower quality, entry level, budget type stuff but maybe I'm missing out on something?

I never saw ARs in Dick's SG before Sandy Hook let alone after. I don't remember firearms being in store in Georgia. There was a decent selection in El Paso, but mostly pistols and shotguns and some bolt guns. I would say Dick's catered mostly to bird hunters. Whereas Academy pushed a lot more decent stuff, still kind of shit entry level firearms. They did sell ARs, cheap ones.

Back