School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

Back on track...

...sigh...

And here is the Captain who gave the order to "stage" vs. "rush".

Broward sheriff's captain who gave initial order to 'stage' not enter Stoneman Douglas is ID'd

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has identified to Fox News the captain who, according to sources, directed responding deputies and units to “stage” or form a “perimeter” outside Stoneman Douglas High School, instead of rushing immediately into the building, as the mass shooting unfolded there.

Multiple law enforcement and official sources said the commands in the initial moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire would go against all training which instructs first responders to “go, go, go” until the shooter is neutralized. As law enforcement arrived, the shooter’s identity and exact location were still unknown.

Multiple sources told Fox News that Captain Jan Jordan was the commanding officer on scene. In an email responding to Fox News’ request for information, a BSO spokesperson wrote, “Capt. Jordan’s radio call sign is 17S1.”

Back on track...

...sigh...

And here is the Captain who gave the order to "stage" vs. "rush".

Broward sheriff's captain who gave initial order to 'stage' not enter Stoneman Douglas is ID'd

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has identified to Fox News the captain who, according to sources, directed responding deputies and units to “stage” or form a “perimeter” outside Stoneman Douglas High School, instead of rushing immediately into the building, as the mass shooting unfolded there.

Multiple law enforcement and official sources said the commands in the initial moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire would go against all training which instructs first responders to “go, go, go” until the shooter is neutralized. As law enforcement arrived, the shooter’s identity and exact location were still unknown.

Multiple sources told Fox News that Captain Jan Jordan was the commanding officer on scene. In an email responding to Fox News’ request for information, a BSO spokesperson wrote, “Capt. Jordan’s radio call sign is 17S1.”

She may have given the order. But no one should have followed it. Suspend me.

Stand by for smoke screens and finger pointing. Leadership is the cause of poor incident management. They should all be fired. Start with Israel the allegedly “great leader”.🙄

There seems to be some background info on the Captain here: Captain in Parkland school shooting was brought onto force by Sheriff Israel

Broward sheriff’s commander — in the spotlight for her role in the Parkland school shooting — applied for employment at the Sheriff’s Office just weeks after Sheriff Scott Israel won his first term in office.
Capt. Jan Jordan, who commands the Parkland district, listed Israel, a former Fort Lauderdale Police captain and SWAT commander, as the one who referred her, according to her Dec. 21, 2012, job application.

Jordan had worked 20 years at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, leaving in 2009 at the rank of captain, according to her personnel file, released Friday by the Sheriff’s Office.
After that, she moved to Colorado and worked for just over a year as a sergeant at the Town of Breckenridge Police Department.
Upon returning to Broward County, she worked eight months as accreditation coordinator for the Wilton Manors Police Department and just over three months as an investigator for the Broward County Public Defender’s Office.
Jordan, 49, was overseeing the Broward Sheriff’s Office Civil Division, which handles the service of legal documents, before she was selected to be the Parkland district commander, according to a 2017 performance evaluation.
Her supervisors gave her high marks.
“She carries herself with a quiet confidence that others who work around her see and respect and has a natural command presence and makes decisions that are sound and all-encompassing, and has an excellent understanding of the agency’s goals and objectives,” stated a 2016 performance evaluation.
Coral Springs Fire Chief Frank Babinec was on the panel that chose Jordan for the Parkland district.
“I thought she interviewed very well,” he said. “Her credentials, her resume, I think was what Parkland was looking for and ever since she was put in place as a chief she’s been very good to work with.”
She served as a board member on Broward 2-1-1, a community helpline, PACE Center for Girls, and Women In Distress, a domestic violence center, according to her personnel file.

I am seeing a trend develop here. What we really need to do, is ban everyone under the age of 21. That's it. Stay indoors, and don't you fucking come out until you can pop on down to the tavern and order a cold brew.

Well here’s a kid who attempted to go above and beyond the firearm to kill a bunch of kids.

Police: Teen attempted to detonate explosive device at Pine View, researched ISIS

Wow, I hadn't heard about this one.

It seems like the terrorism angle is getting downplayed quite a bit. Interesting.

As far as the "staging" thing goes, as a layperson I get why the officers would follow those orders instead of running in. In a situation that chaotic, people are acting under incomplete information. It seems possible that as far as those officers knew, there may have been a very good reason why they were told to stage; perhaps they thought there was a team inside, perhaps the gunman was about to burst out of the school and get into a place where he (or they, I don't think the officers knew at the time) could have caused even more damage.

The danger of everyone always running to the sound of the guns is that sometimes that's exactly what the bad guys want. It reminds me of watching toddlers play soccer: everyone in a mass mob around the ball. It normally works a lot better if everyone plays their position. That is, of course, contingent upon the coaching staff adequately prepping their players and making the right call from the sidelines. That last bit seems to be lacking in this case.

Back