SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Negative. I'll be 30 in December. I don't want to have to wait 2 years and then try to get a bunch of waivers for being old as dirt. And I wouldn't be in it mentally either. I'm going to try and make the most out of my 6 year obligation and HOPEFULLY make a career out of the military. If not, so be it. But I won't be going back through any NSW pipelines in the future.

LMAO. What are you trying to say... The mid 30's are old? :ROFLMAO:. I am kidding. You tried and I am proud of you for doing that.

F.M.

I have finally been able to set a date for when I should be able to start the enlistment process. I had some financial things that had to be taken care of before I could enlist, but by the end of this semester (December) those things should be taken care of. So around the first of the year I should be able to enlist and take my initial screening with 20th Group in MD.

Submitted my application packet and will be setting up a meeting with the recruiter to go to MEPS for a physical shortly. Apparently the regs just changed to where prior service personnel from the Navy have to attend Basic Training. I should retain my E-5 paygrade and there are two ways the Basic could go. I could go to Basic with other NCOs in my same position, or I could go to "regular" Basic where I would wear E-4, but be paid as an E-5. Then it's AIT, Jump School, and not sure after that. I don't know if Guard guys go to SOPC or not. Will have more to report in a week or so.

ETA: So Now I am really not sure. Recruiter said Basic, but the AR seems to indicate the Warrior Transition Course..... From AR 610-201

(2) PS enlistees who have not successfully completed either an Army or Marine BCT course mentioned in paragraph

3–19

b(1) during previous military Service must enter on IADT within 180 days after enlistment in the AR or ARNG

and successfully complete WTC conducted by the Army. Soldiers who fail to attend WTC within 180 days after entry

are required to return to MEPS to be rescheduled for this training. Members enlisting into the AR or ARNG that

require WTC must be processed through the MEPS. Members that are required to attend WTC and retraining into a

new MOS will attend WTC first. After completion of WTC, member will be scheduled to attend appropriate MOS

training.

(3) The WTC replaces the traditional Army BCT course formerly used to train PS personnel.

Guess it's time I posted mine. Lots of changes occured in the Regiment. The name change was a catalist to give more leeway in terms of recruting. My point is, I'll be applying again for Spring Selection soon.

I know I'm no where near SOF selection, but I thought I'd let you guys know how my day went today. Today I did the CFAT (Canadian Forces Aptitude Test). I finished it and then went on to talk to an interviewer. He asked me "How do you think you did?" I said "I think I did alright." He then said "You didn't do alright, you did fucking great. You scored the highest out of both classes and are the youngest. You passed the requirements to do ROTP and become an officer." I would have asked him my score but I was too excited/surprised to think about asking. :D Now I have my PT test tomorrow so hopefully that will go as good as today went.

I choose to DOR before I left for A&S a second time back in Saturday in order to accept a latmove/reenlistment into Recon that I was approved for. I'm currently halfway through SOI. BRC class in April. I have a 4 month in-between SOI and BRC that I am going to use engaging in the prep course at Horno and hopefully I can get some TAD orders cut to the swim instructor course.

I choose to DOR before I left for A&S a second time back in Saturday in order to accept a latmove/reenlistment into Recon that I was approved for. I'm currently halfway through SOI. BRC class in April. I have a 4 month in-between SOI and BRC that I am going to use engaging in the prep course at Horno and hopefully I can get some TAD orders cut to the swim instructor course.

Wish you the best dude. Hope this is what you really want. I'm up in Del Mar now so hit me up if you wanna get a beer or something.

So how'd it go?

Very well, thanks for asking, sir. Minimum requirements were 20 push ups and 20 sit ups to pass (mind you these are reserve fitness standards as I'm only 16). I put out 43 push ups and 54 sit ups. I did some exercise on a platform of stairs to determine my cardio fitness level and passed it without a problem. Today I had my medical examination and final interview. Both went great as I am expecting a phone call sometime soon. :)

Very well, thanks for asking, sir. Minimum requirements were 20 push ups and 20 sit ups to pass (mind you these are reserve fitness standards as I'm only 16). I put out 43 push ups and 54 sit ups. I did some exercise on a platform of stairs to determine my cardio fitness level and passed it without a problem. Today I had my medical examination and final interview. Both went great as I am expecting a phone call sometime soon. :-)

Easy with that "sir" shit. I'm no Mara. ;)

Congrats on passing your tests!

Tonight I ran 4 miles in 33:00.
According to the 10 months worth of runs that I have stored in RunKeeper, that's a PR for me. I did plenty of 4 mile runs, but usually in the 8:2x/mile range. Is this anything outstanding? Absolutely not. Right now it's just a stepping stone. It's a funny thing...
For all you wannabes. Regardless of what happens to you in your various pipe lines (ending up on a Team, DOR, med drop, not selected), you will never allow yourself to be out of shape again. It's a strange mindset that you get into when going into something like an SOF pipeline. I have absolutely no reason to run 4 miles. The most I will EVER run for the big Navy is 1.5 miles. But I do it. I work myself into a completely unnecessary pool of angry sweat at the gym on days that I don't have duty because I still want to be better.

Taking another shot at my release. The air force recruiter that I am working with was kind of enough to write me a 'gaining component statement' saying I was "tentatively qualified for the position." I also beefed up my "reason for requesting transfer" section into a nice little essay to turn in with my DD-form 368. Hopefully MARFORRES reaches their disposition within 30 days, as this fiscal year opened up with 11 slots for the PJ pipeline for prior service.. and now there are 3. It would be nice to secure one of those, but I will not be upset if someone who is prepared gets it instead. I will no longer be obligated to the reserves after June 2012, and the next fiscal year wont be to far off(trying to reinforce some positive thinking!).

For now, all I can do is wait and be as physically prepared as I can be. I hit 9:07 on my 1.5 mile.. 36 minutes on my 5 mile.. and 8:20 on my 500m swim. Pullups are still 25+ and everything else is good to go! Just waiting on the release and trying to stay injury free for now.

Back