SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Taking another shot at my release. The air force recruiter that I am working with was kind of enough to write me a 'gaining component statement' saying I was "tentatively qualified for the position." I also beefed up my "reason for requesting transfer" section into a nice little essay to turn in with my DD-form 368. Hopefully MARFORRES reaches their disposition within 30 days, as this fiscal year opened up with 11 slots for the PJ pipeline for prior service.. and now there are 3. It would be nice to secure one of those, but I will not be upset if someone who is prepared gets it instead. I will no longer be obligated to the reserves after June 2012, and the next fiscal year wont be to far off(trying to reinforce some positive thinking!).

For now, all I can do is wait and be as physically prepared as I can be. I hit 9:07 on my 1.5 mile.. 36 minutes on my 5 mile.. and 8:20 on my 500m swim. Pullups are still 25+ and everything else is good to go! Just waiting on the release and trying to stay injury free for now.

Those are damn good PT scores. Keep it up!

Agreed, awesome times and numbers! I'm envious, to say the least. Is your swim CSS or freestyle?
Just remember though, passing the PST/PAST is like showing up to a test and spelling your name correctly...

Agreed, awesome times and numbers! I'm envious, to say the least. Is your swim CSS or freestyle?
Just remember though, passing the PST/PAST is like showing up to a test and spelling your name correctly...

Thank you. I had to drop 20lbs+ of muscle to get my run times where I wanted them, that was not an easy thing to do, but my knee's are thanking me.

CSS.

Gotcha. I DEP'd in at 215 lbs, mostly not muscle but I wasn't a complete sea cow either. 11 months later, I shipped to boot camp at 185 lbs. Much less cow like.
Again, awesome work. That's moving for CSS!

Gotcha. I DEP'd in at 215 lbs, mostly not muscle but I wasn't a complete sea cow either. 11 months later, I shipped to boot camp at 185 lbs. Much less cow like.
Again, awesome work. That's moving for CSS!

Haha.. moving that fast comes with a price. Dont mistake me for an efficient swimmer! I'm a stubborn son of a bitch and hate finishing last. That CSS is literally a sprint for me, and drains me on the run. I'm probably going to drop the MA ruck based selection prep(on week 2.5), and swim 30-60 minutes at a time then run 2 miles after to help prepare myself for it. I don't want to get by on the minimums, and I can get back to MA after the PAST. That or just swim slower. O_o

Haha.. moving that fast comes with a price. Dont mistake me for an efficient swimmer! I'm a stubborn son of a bitch and hate finishing last. That CSS is literally a sprint for me, and drains me on the run. I'm probably going to drop the MA ruck based selection prep(on week 2.5), and swim 30-60 minutes at a time then run 2 miles after to help prepare myself for it. I don't want to get by on the minimums, and I can get back to MA after the PAST. That or just swim slower. O_o

I remember one of my BUD/S Instructors pulling the 10 fastest dudes on the O-Course aside during Indoc and telling them to slow down, because once 1st Phase actually started they were not going to be nearly as fresh, and therefore not able to meet the same times, which was going to get them extra attention from the rest of the cadre. The lesson was that you have to go hard, but you also have to recognize what your limit is as far as being able to still perform well on following events.

Also, MA recently released a water-based selection prep program. Might be something to look into. http://militaryathlete.com/page.php?page_ID=12&cart_category_ID=2

I remember one of my BUD/S Instructors pulling the 10 fastest dudes on the O-Course aside during Indoc and telling them to slow down, because once 1st Phase actually started they were not going to be nearly as fresh, and therefore not able to meet the same times, which was going to get them extra attention from the rest of the cadre. The lesson was that you have to go hard, but you also have to recognize what your limit is as far as being able to still perform well on following events.

Also, MA recently released a water-based selection prep program. Might be something to look into. http://militaryathlete.com/page.php?page_ID=12&cart_category_ID=2

Don't be first, last,lost or light...

Don't be first, last,lost or light...

Thanks for the advice. I will bear that heavy in my mind, especially on the swim.

JohnyB, are you active USMC, Reserve, or IRR? I recently submitted a DD 368 for a Marine who had just left AD and was in IRR, the turn around was 72 hours and I had a signed 368 back from them.

I'm in the Reserves, I'll drop to the IRR 06/12.

Just got off the phone with the CO of B/2/20 and found out he is going to give me a second chance by signing the waiver for my DUI. It has to get signed off by the state NG CoS now, but they don't anticipate any issues with that. Next step is to get the Airborne physical and then get a contract signed and find out when I leave to start OSUT. Extremely relieved and thankful right now.

MA has a swim intensive selection program available. I believe Beau Burgener (SEAL and National Weightlifting Champ) had input on it

Just got off the phone with the CO of B/2/20 and found out he is going to give me a second chance by signing the waiver for my DUI. It has to get signed off by the state NG CoS now, but they don't anticipate any issues with that. Next step is to get the Airborne physical and then get a contract signed and find out when I leave to start OSUT. Extremely relieved and thankful right now.

Good luck CDG. I hope the transition/process goes smoothly for you.

MA has a swim intensive selection program available. I believe Beau Burgener (SEAL and National Weightlifting Champ) had input on it

I've seen it suggested in a few other threads and am waiting for some disposable income to free up. I'm anticipating my release to come back approved around Jan. 6th and hope to take the PAST shortly after, so it would be pointless for me to invest the 75$ and utilize it for 2 weeks. IF I pass the PAST and IF the AF cant send me to indoc for a few months, I will definitely run the program beforehand.

I was wondering if someone could give some input on this 'Prior Service Screening for CCT/PJ Candidates' sheet before I go in tomorrow on my day off to ask the recruiter. I saw it brought up on forum by another service member considering an interservice transfer.

http://www.specialtactics.com/PSPOINTSYSTEM.pdf

My question is.. I only have 5 points according to this pre-qualifier sheet(Other service MOS/NEC -5 points). Would that disqualify me from the program or just weigh against me vs another qualified prior-service candidates?

Jonnyb

Interesting that paramedic school is given the same point value as the SFQC and Ranger school.

Make sure to read the fine print. The point values for the progression from EMT to paramedic aren't cumulative, so you probably only get the highest point category i.e. if you're a paramedic you get 15, not 30. It also says only MIL schooling is accepted, but there are damn few places in the service to get trained as a paramedic.

Jonnyb

Interesting that paramedic school is given the same point value as the SFQC and Ranger school.
I
Make sure to read the fine print. The point values for the progression from EMT to paramedic aren't cumulative, so you probably only get the highest point category i.e. if you're a paramedic you get 15, not 30. It also says only MIL schooling is accepted, but there are damn few places in the service to get trained as a paramedic.

I figured so.

I'll just keep this as brief as possible. I applied for a co-op program for my school where I go away for a semester and do BMQ and SQ (reserves) training instead of being in school and doing school work. I make $350 a week and get the credits I need to graduate. When accepted/completing this program, there is a choice to keep a job in the army reserves.

So today I get a call from the head of the co-op program at the recruiting center and he tells me that "240 applied, 40 were selected - 10 for each of the four cities involved for this program. I'm happy to notify you that you have been accepted." I have been waiting for this to happen since I originally tried to apply in gr.9 but I was told I was too young to be enrolled in the Forces (now being in gr.11 / 16 years old I was actually eligible). :D

I go for my swearing in ceremony on February 7th and to basic on the 22nd. It's just an unreal feeling that what I've wanted to do for so long is finally becoming a reality.

On a side note, thanks for all the people on here who have put up with me so far. :thumbsup:

Congratulations Coyote. Put out at every evolution, pay attention to every detail no matter how insignificant you may think they are, keep your mouth shut and ears open and you'll do fine at Basic. :thumbsup:

All of the prior service slots filled up before I could get my release back. I have 5 more drills with my reserve unit and then I drop to the IRR, which from my understanding will make getting the 368 approved much easier/faster.

I've got some time until next fiscal year, so I'm going to take a break from training, throw back a few and assess my situation. Running 5-9 milers @230lbs is a mind fuck.

All of the prior service slots filled up before I could get my release back. I have 5 more drills with my reserve unit and then I drop to the IRR, which from my understanding will make getting the 368 approved much easier/faster.

I've got some time until next fiscal year, so I'm going to take a break from training, throw back a few and assess my situation. Running 5-9 milers @230lbs is a mind fuck.

Dont count on it... Im still waiting on my 368 and I dropped in Dec. Seems theres a lot of lag between Active/Reserve and IRR... Good luck mate! Stay on 'em about your paperwork!

Back