SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Tropicana98

Ranger
Verified SOF
Maybe we could have a place to update our mentors on our progress as far as enlisting or in the various pipelines. For instance today I took my ASVAB and got a 92 with a GT of 125 now the next step is my physical hopefully my knee scope won't screw me.

Any other mentees could post where they are at in the process/pipeline. Maybe its not a good idea but there aren't really any appropriate places in this sub-forum to put stuff like this yet and there are going to be other mentees long after us pass or fail some of us might even be future mentors...that's not even a 2 mile target yet but still.

I did all my updating in the thread I started. Should I just leave it be or start copying/pasting?

They have a thread like this over at PS.com and I think it's one of the best threads on the site, for up and comers anyways. I think this is a great idea, just wish I could actually post something in it. Maybe sticky it under "SOF Mentor Program"?

I think this is a great idea, just wish I could actually post something in it.

You could post how the Gators are gonna beat that ass this year bro :D. But I get what your saying I have been counting down just to be able to take the ASVAB I'm sure you could do that by now, the scores are good for 2 years and get it out of the way, I read your "first post" intro and you seem to be in the same positon i was, going into junior year(I assume based of you stating your age being 20) with a goal of being in SOF but can't do too much with a recruiter due to that 12 month DEP window...does that sound about right?

You could post how the Gators are gonna beat that ass this year bro :D. But I get what your saying I have been counting down just to be able to take the ASVAB I'm sure you could do that by now, the scores are good for 2 years and get it out of the way, I read your "first post" intro and you seem to be in the same positon i was, going into junior year(I assume based of you stating your age being 20) with a goal of being in SOF but can't do too much with a recruiter due to that 12 month DEP window...does that sound about right?
Took the ASVAB back in HS and did great, but I'll have to retake it I guess. I'll clearly have to get that out of the way. Truth be told I haven't even sat down and really spoken to a recruiter. I've had bad experiences with them so far. Not a smart move on my part though. I didn't even think about that wait. I've still got time, but it's something I'll take care of.

A Gator's fan? Here? Didn't think UF alum could work a computer. :-"

As for Cback's request, here's my update:
-RTC was a cake walk
-It's amazing how quickly and frequently the shit bags stand out/fuck up
-Out of a division of 85 recruits (all SpecOps/SpecWar, maybe 40 SWCC/45 AIRR), at least 50 were dirt bags, no attention to detail, no motivation, no respect
-The time went by VERY quickly
-Running suffered more than anything, we were a full 3 weeks into boot camp before we ran more than 1.5 miles
-Chow was good, never left hungry
-Days were long, Rev @ 0430, Taps @ 2200...something I have to get used to anyway
-People would go to medical for the smallest sniffles, I don't think I was 100% well the entire time I was there, but I knew going to medical might land me in my rack for 48-72 hours
-I learned that it's possible to sleep standing up
-We were told about Bin Laden the next morning. HOOFUCKINGYAH former DEVGRU (whoever they are now), former ST6!!

I can't think of anything else right now. I'm currently across the street at NSTC for 9 days, then I fly to the left coast. I can't wait!!! Any questions, shoot. I'll also post more as I remember it.

A few things that I've remembered during the day...
A list of names I was called or heard other recruits called:
-Hey you
-That guy (ie, where is that guy, who is that guy)
-Ass hole
-Ass clown
-Clown
-Retard
-Fucktard
-Fuck face
-Dip shit
-Shit head
-Jackwagon
-Dirt bag
-Shit bag
-Fucking E1 civilian (usually reserved for those who didn't greet properly)

I second guessed my decision a lot during the first week. It started when I was sitting in O'Hare for 3 hours waiting for the bus to pick us up and take us to RTC. I was out of my comfort zone and I didn't like it. I didn't have much time to think about it during the day, but at night when I was alone with my thoughts, I wanted to be back home. It's imperative to remember why you've volunteered to do this. There has to be some reason behind your decision and that's what has to keep you motivated. Even during boot camp. After we got into a bit of groove schedule wise, the time passed very quickly and before I knew it Battle Stations and then PIR was upon us.
Speaking of Battle Stations, this is when my personal favorite/most memorable moment of RTC occured. After we completed all our evolutions, the 3 divisions who were running Battle Stations at the time mustered out on the pier. We were given a debrief and then we were told we'd be receiving our Navy ball caps. Lee Greenwood's I'm Proud to be an American started playing and I immediately got a lump in my throat. Then our RDC (Recruit Division Commanders, the equivalent of a TI/DI) started handing us our Navy ball caps. To have our Chief and our POs hand us a Navy ball cap, shake our hand, welcome us aboard as ship mates and thank us for what we've done was an indescribable feeling.
Again, I'll keep writing more as I remember it...

A Gator's fan? Here? Didn't think UF alum could work a computer. :-"

Alum I wish haha just a die hard fan I was born down there im stranded in the Midwest until I finish school and go to basic. As far as the computer skills though we know your football team can work a computer...test answers anyone?;)

Im hijacking my own thread...

going into junior year(I assume based of you stating your age being 20) with a goal of being in SOF but can't do too much with a recruiter due to that 12 month DEP window...does that sound about right?

Essentially the position that I am in- just getting into better shape and taking care of medical issues before the time comes.

GO BULLS. Tim Tewbow is a joke who will go the way of Doug Flutie. FSU is the girls school of Florida. How's that for a thread jack?;)

I'm working out having fun and studying my ass off to graduate ASAP. That's where I'm at in the enlistment cycle.

Alum I wish haha just a die hard fan I was born down there im stranded in the Midwest until I finish school and go to basic. As far as the computer skills though we know your football team can work a computer...test answers anyone?;)

Im hijacking my own thread...

I imagine since you mention I-70 and the midwest, that means you're either stuck in MO, IL, IN, or OH. Being from southwest Indiana, I feel your pain.

In my intro thread I posted my test scores and since then nothing much has changed. I'm going into my recruiter's office Monday to sign a disposition for my arrest so that I can get a waiver, but it seems like it's taking for freaking ever. It feels that way mostly because I persistently think that there is something else I could be doing; such as DLAB, PFA, airborne physical, or any other number of steps that I could accomplish while I'm waiting. At worst though, it just means I have more time for rucking and getting stronger. And in the meantime, I'm getting married in 3 weeks :cool: , so is all good.

FSU is the girls school of Florida.
That is precisely why I go there. With that 60-40 ratio, every night is a good night. If you don't like girls, make sure to send them up this way. :thumbsup::D

I'm working out having fun and studying my ass off to graduate ASAP. That's where I'm at in the enlistment cycle.
I'm doing the same thing. Taking three classes this summer. Working to save up some money too. Between car insurance and the price of gas- leaves little money for a good diet.

And in the meantime, I'm getting married in 3 weeks :cool: , so is all good.
Congrats Chimbaktu!

Waiting is a pain, but if I've found any good advice, it's to not focus yourself on the "Walk" and "Run" aspects of training. Just get your body in shape and stay determined.

That is precisely why I go there. With that 60-40 ratio, every night is a good night. If you don't like girls, make sure to send them up this way. :thumbsup::D

I'm doing the same thing. Taking three classes this summer. Working to save up some money too. Between car insurance and the price of gas- leaves little money for a good diet.

Congrats Chimbaktu!

Waiting is a pain, but if I've found any good advice, it's to not focus yourself on the "Walk" and "Run" aspects of training. Just get your body in shape and stay determined.

Taco Bell has become my primary source of protein ;)

I imagine since you mention I-70 and the midwest, that means you're either stuck in MO, IL, IN, or OH. Being from southwest Indiana, I feel your pain.

Stuck in Indiana AND Ohio depending on the time of year bro.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks :cool:

Fuckin A, Congrats man glad to hear it

x2 on what Servimus said about waiting.

Back