SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Hey guys/gals, I figured I’d give y’all an update since it’s been awhile. I graduated infantry OSUT, and subsequently went on to graduate RASP. RASP is an ass kicker, but it is so worth it. I would like to thank everyone who helped me along before I shipped. That being said, RASP just gets you the ticket to the dance. Now it’s time for the dance.
Dude! Congrats, thanks for the update!

Hey guys/gals, I figured I’d give y’all an update since it’s been awhile. I graduated infantry OSUT, and subsequently went on to graduate RASP. RASP is an ass kicker, but it is so worth it. I would like to thank everyone who helped me along before I shipped. That being said, RASP just gets you the ticket to the dance. Now it’s time for the dance.

Glad to see a success story.

Well done!

Would be great if all those that were on a progressive route 2 years ago would now tell us how they are doing. See how many would become Green Tab's here. Many should have made it through the pipeline by now or close to it.
Agreed! What’s the word from the various pipelines?

Never forget: it is worth it.

My Godson passed his USMC Recon selection.
You’re super proud of him, but do you have his okay to post his name here?
PERSEC aside, this could go sideways for him multiple ways.

If I were still on staff I would delete the photo without thinking twice about it.

Last edited:
Attended TACP Officer A&S this week down at Bullis. Picked up rhabdo and got med dropped. Planning to either reapply for next one or going enlisted AFSPECWAR route. Other than that it was a great time.
To echo others, it’s good to see this site live again.
Update:
-went enlisted AFSW (Aug 2020)
-shred out to TACP (March 2021)
-washed out of the apprentice course (Aug 2021)
-currently a radar troop

When presented the “well are you gonna go back or what” question, answer is not at this time. Looking into alphabet soup agency careers as of now. Then again I still have at least 4 years on the hook so we will see.

Undoubtedly my quest for the next will have me asking questions here; I’ll try to keep them as coherent as possible.

Excited to provide an update!

2020: EAS from Marine Corps and tried out SMCR because I missed being around Marines. I checked out after a month because I was accepted to a university out-of-state.

2021:
Spring - First semester of College was on zoom (not recommended- a fate reserved for your worst enemy).
Summer: Cadaver lab (not for the faint of heart- no pun intended).
Fall: A mental and academic nightmare, but we made it.

2022:
Spring - Loved it; learned I was a Philosophy/Classics buff and that college-level chemistry should be illegal.
Summer: Productive. Full-time classes with Lots of writing and speeches for classes. I finally got the rhythm of being a College Student.
Fall: Too much fun. Made lots of friends with veterans and traditional students alike. Last semester studying the natural sciences (Declared a double major in Philosophy and Classics).

2023:
Spring: Busy as this is the first time I have had to read a book a week (worth it).
(Projected plans below)
Summer: Study abroad and intensive language course (Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit)
Fall: Last semester, projected to graduate in December! Registered to run the Marine Corps Marathon for the second time (50K)

2024: USMC OCS - No official date, but currently training until then. Not sure if the MARADMIN with the dates are out yet.

Improvements/goals for the rest of the year:
-Training for a 285+ PFT (will post updates + progress on when I have more solid data)
-Pass classes
-Train for MCM. Wish I could say I trained properly my first time around—recovery while training will be vital to finishing.

Note: Any SITREP posts after this will be drastically shorter, I just got excited with this one.

Now we are caught up to speed! I've been enjoying my time in college with a great community—some advice to those interested in college. As you can see above, I went on a grind Spring, Summer, and Fall for three years in a row, and it only cut a year off the traditional time to earn a bachelor's. I personally do not regret my decision. But there is no need to rush if you do not have to. Enjoy your time in college, apply for scholarships/grants, make connections, and apply for internships. Professors love having vets in the classroom (different perspectives compared to traditional students, maturity, etc.) Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested in college-related resources/advice. I'm happy to help and pass on the knowledge.

Arguably the most important...seek help if needed. I lost too many buddies from my active days because they lost the battle within themselves, or an avoidable accident occurred. Risk management should be a part of our lives even after we get out.

Thanks all for all the insightful posts that I've had the privilege of reading over the years!

To end on a positive mindset: "Every day is a selection and every task is a test, Earn your place every day and never quit" - @Teufel

Excited to provide an update!

2020: EAS from Marine Corps and tried out SMCR because I missed being around Marines. I checked out after a month because I was accepted to a university out-of-state.

2021:
Spring - First semester of College was on zoom (not recommended- a fate reserved for your worst enemy).
Summer: Cadaver lab (not for the faint of heart- no pun intended).
Fall: A mental and academic nightmare, but we made it.

2022:
Spring - Loved it; learned I was a Philosophy/Classics buff and that college-level chemistry should be illegal.
Summer: Productive. Full-time classes with Lots of writing and speeches for classes. I finally got the rhythm of being a College Student.
Fall: Too much fun. Made lots of friends with veterans and traditional students alike. Last semester studying the natural sciences (Declared a double major in Philosophy and Classics).

2023:
Spring: Busy as this is the first time I have had to read a book a week (worth it).
(Projected plans below)
Summer: Study abroad and intensive language course (Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit)
Fall: Last semester, projected to graduate in December! Registered to run the Marine Corps Marathon for the second time (50K)

2024: USMC OCS - No official date, but currently training until then. Not sure if the MARADMIN with the dates are out yet.

Improvements/goals for the rest of the year:
-Training for a 285+ PFT (will post updates + progress on when I have more solid data)
-Pass classes
-Train for MCM. Wish I could say I trained properly my first time around—recovery while training will be vital to finishing.

Note: Any SITREP posts after this will be drastically shorter, I just got excited with this one.

Now we are caught up to speed! I've been enjoying my time in college with a great community—some advice to those interested in college. As you can see above, I went on a grind Spring, Summer, and Fall for three years in a row, and it only cut a year off the traditional time to earn a bachelor's. I personally do not regret my decision. But there is no need to rush if you do not have to. Enjoy your time in college, apply for scholarships/grants, make connections, and apply for internships. Professors love having vets in the classroom (different perspectives compared to traditional students, maturity, etc.) Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested in college-related resources/advice. I'm happy to help and pass on the knowledge.

Arguably the most important...seek help if needed. I lost too many buddies from my active days because they lost the battle within themselves, or an avoidable accident occurred. Risk management should be a part of our lives even after we get out.

Thanks all for all the insightful posts that I've had the privilege of reading over the years!

To end on a positive mindset: "Every day is a selection and every task is a test, Earn your place every day and never quit" - @Teufel
It's good to hear that someone listens to the random things I say. Congratulations on your journey, you are on a great glideslope. Keep it up Marine.

It's good to hear that someone listens to the random things I say.
Sir, you'd be surprised how far your words have influenced decision-making for many folks in this forum. When I made my intro post here as a wee lad, I read your comment recommending I look into the naval academy. Since I did not know that was a thing, I went down a rabbit hole in the possibilities of how to take my academic career. From there, I chose to be more methodical in applying to colleges which led me to a great undergrad program. I am sure there are many that are grateful for the insights you have provided for them.

Sir, you'd be surprised how far your words have influenced decision-making for many folks in this forum. When I made my intro post here as a wee lad, I read your comment recommending I look into the naval academy. Since I did not know that was a thing, I went down a rabbit hole in the possibilities of how to take my academic career. From there, I chose to be more methodical in applying to colleges which led me to a great undergrad program. I am sure there are many that are grateful for the insights you have provided for them.
I'm really happy to hear that. Let me know if I can help you moving forward. S/F

Figured I would throw an update in here. Reclassed to 35L summer 2020 and immediately deployed to CENTCOM supporting every Title 10 entity that you can imagine. Returned summer 2021 and went back to full time ARNG, duty at State HQ in the J2. FY22 completed ALC then attended CITP (FLETC) and graduated as a qualified 1811. Fall 2022 came off orders and moved out to the NCR for a contracting gig. Took my first gov position as an 1811 on a cabinet protection detail, left before leadership burned that team to the ground, and I now work for HQMC as an intelligence staff officer (0132).

I am still in the ARNG but ready to make my next move. Due to Army CI reform and personal/professional initiatives, I will either transfer to the Army Reserves, IST to Utah ARNG, and I am considering the idea of USMC OCS (reserve).

The USAR seems to have better opportunities for my kind, especially supporting ACI, USASOC, JSOC, etc. Utah has the 300th MIB and 19th SFG. As for OCS, I have learned an abundance working at HQMC surrounded by a multitude of exceptional officers and have received quality education on what that path and opportunity would look like.

I first posted on this forum about 7 years ago. You could not have convinced me back then that future me could say all the above. Work hard, never quit.

Back