Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Yeah, me too. Star Wars for grown-ups. You know with six Dune novels there’s enough material for about 8 feature length films. I hope they continue to make them.

BTW, Christopher Walken has been cast as the Emperor.

Just one highly-subjective opinion, but... the quality of the series dropped off pretty quickly.

Waiting to see this. Funny, US politicians, celebrities and billionaires are probably nervous.
Saw this in the theater today. It was a very good film with a powerful message -- that's the purpose of this film.

It's definitely a different kind of movie formula. There's certainly a faith-based tone at a couple points, which some may hold against the film - I certainly don't.

As eluded to in the quote above, I read a bit more about the story after seeing the movie and I'm sure some will criticize it simply because of some right-wing connections to the film (which aren't apparent during the film). But the points made by the film are legit and relevant.

I recommend it...and would go see it in the theater because I find the message worthy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Saw this in the theater today. It was a very good film with a powerful message -- that's the purpose of this film.

It's definitely a different kind of movie formula. There's certainly a faith-based tone at a couple points, which some may hold against the film - I certainly don't.

As eluded to in the quote above, I read a bit more about the story after seeing the movie and I'm sure some will criticize it simply because of some right-wing connections to the film (which aren't apparent during the film). But the points made by the film are legit and relevant.

I recommend it...and would go see it in the theater because I find the message worthy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, wife and I are going later today.

Just got back from watching the latest Indiana Jones movie, not bad, kinda meh....a little too much and too long, not a bad way to end the movies. I have to say the technology to make some ones face younger has really gotten a lot better, I was impressed.

coming soon:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Incontinence.
Indiana Jones and the Last Drool Cup.
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Nursing Home.

Bada bing

Yeah, but worthwhile, right?

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a grown man, Maria says I look and act gruff but I was crying like a bitch, especially when at the end.

Not going to lie, if something happened to my 11 year old niece and I got my hands on them, the things I'd do. Any child. It's fucking sad that Hollywood would not take the movie on, wonder why (sarcasm).

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a grown man, Maria says I look and act gruff but I was crying like a bitch, especially when at the end.

Not going to lie, if something happened to my 11 year old niece and I got my hands on them, the things I'd do. Any child. It's fucking sad that Hollywood would not take the movie on, wonder why (sarcasm).
As I've gotten older, there are certain things that hit me different. Maybe it's a simple result of maturing and having a greater understanding and appreciation for what's really important. Maybe there's just a lot more dust in the air these days. I don't know, but I hear ya.

As I've gotten older, there are certain things that hit me different. Maybe it's a simple result of maturing and having a greater understanding and appreciation for what's really important. Maybe there's just a lot more dust in the air these days. I don't know, but I hear ya.

Personal loss, a heavy dose in last 9 years has done it for me.

Back