Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1

Fans of Western movies will probably love this. A 3 hour long introduction to a 3 or 4 part series. Might be too slow paced for some, but there's plenty of action throughout.

Kind of starts off as a American settlers good, Native Indians bad, but then blends about 5 character groups into one cohesive story about the American West circa 1859.

Huge cast of characters, tons of character development. Good guys, bad guys, heros, beautiful nature scenes, intricate plot. No woke revisionist history bullshit.

5 - *1st Cavalry right shoulder patches*

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1

Fans of Western movies will probably love this. A 3 hour long introduction to a 3 or 4 part series. Might be too slow paced for some, but there's plenty of action throughout.

Kind of starts off as a American settlers good, Native Indians bad, but then blends about 5 character groups into one cohesive story about the American West circa 1859.

Huge cast of characters, tons of character development. Good guys, bad guys, heros, beautiful nature scenes, intricate plot. No woke revisionist history bullshit.

5 - *1st Cavalry right shoulder patches*
SSI was first worn in 1918...

I think on my last few flights I've watched

Arthur The King 7/10 solid flight or easy afternoon flick with some drama.

Gorilla x Kong: The New Empire 6.5/10 solid for a flight, but needs some umph.

Allegiant: 6.5/10, nothing too compelling...but can we get a conclusion to this whole thing? When do they reintegrate with Providence?

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes: 8/10, when you break the rules, fall in love, but think everyone is out to get you, and then you shoot the chick, but then become a dictator origin story? Where is the bridge movie from the prequel?

Bad Boys for Life: 8/10, do you want to have intercourse with a Bruja and create a love child?

Last edited:
Saw Deadpool/Wolverine last night, laughed much more than I had expected...the cameo's were fun (a few I did not recognize) and a few plot holes I didn't understand...but overall fun, entertaining, and worth going back for another viewing. Credits are worth watching to see who the cameos were, and a HUGE nod to the late 90's action star who made an unexpected appearance and now I want to see another movie from that person!

Saw Deadpool/Wolverine last night, laughed much more than I had expected...the cameo's were fun (a few I did not recognize) and a few plot holes I didn't understand...but overall fun, entertaining, and worth going back for another viewing. Credits are worth watching to see who the cameos were, and a HUGE nod to the late 90's action star who made an unexpected appearance and now I want to see another movie from that person!
Can't wait. Tickets for 330pm.

This sums up how I feel about the movie...
Sexy Super Hero GIF by Marvel Studios

Whiplash. 2014. How did I never see this before? What an awesome movie, and as someone who played jazz bass and understands the nature of the industry, an incredible book and soundtrack.

JK Simmons and Miles Teller are just spectacular.

Land of Bad starring who cares, only on Netflix.

I made it 5 minutes. I can forgive Hollywood for a lot. Casual conversations inside a Blackhawk because noise doesn't exist.
"You HALO qualified?"
"No."
"You'll figure it out" or a similar exchange.

The Ready Room of the drone squadron, I don't know, maybe it sucks that bad, but I've seen some lackadaisical AF units overseas and even they don't approach that level of stupid.

JTAC asking like a fanboi: Are those the new 5.11 gloves?

Everything about it was horrible, but when I turned it off the Blackhawk was set to climb from a few hundred feet to 15k for a HALO insertion...FROM A FUCKING HELICOPTER, all in 6 minutes. Yup, SOF has those rocketship H-60's that can do about 4k feet per minute.

0 out of 5 boxes of Froot Loops.

I made it 5 minutes. I can forgive Hollywood for a lot. Casual conversations inside a Blackhawk because noise doesn't exist.
"You HALO qualified?"
"No."

The Ready Room of the drone squadron, I don't know, maybe it sucks that bad, but I've seen some lackadaisical AF units overseas and even they don't approach that level of stupid.

Everything about it was horrible, but when I turned it off the Blackhawk was set to climb from a few hundred feet to 15k for a HALO insertion...FROM A FUCKING HELICOPTER, all in 6 minutes. Yup, SOF has those rocketship H-60's that can do about 4k feet per minute.

You are being too kind. That movie is an unmitigated abortion of military cinema, I have yet defined a descriptive adjective for the depths of its awfulness. I made it a few minutes longer than you, but not much. The actual film it was filmed on needs to be used as toilet paper.

"You HALO qualified?"
"No."

Thanks for saving any amount of time I was potentially about to waste on it.

"You HALO qualified?"
"No."

I enjoyed it, as posted in March. You never got to the "battery" scene. 8-)

I watched it earlier this week and enjoyed it. I swear I did a recap but I can't find anything amongst you Dune nerds making out in Public .... :ROFLMAO:

O_o

Back