Syria Gas Attack- What Now?

There is a live feed on FoxNews.com of hearings in the House to strike Syria...not over yet?

You still have to keep up the threat to strike to make sure Syria complies. If congress decides to vote no now you can be sure nothing will get done in Syria.

You still have to keep up the threat to strike to make sure Syria complies. If congress decides to vote no now you can be sure nothing will get done in Syria.
Slightly disagree, Putin looks stupid if Syria reneges, that won't happen. Plus this Russian/Chinese Diplomacy makes the west as a whole (UK and France get splattered also) look like war-mongers.

POTUS has succeeded in removing us from Superpower Status.

This should lock Hillary in for 2016.

I actually think if the US does "strike" Syria, it will probably be so ineffective that it is just as likely to benefit Syria through increased support from Iran, Russia and possibly China.

I actually think if the US does "strike" Syria, it will probably be so ineffective that it is just as likely to benefit Syria through increased support from Iran, Russia and possibly China.
Don't forget some of the other major power players like Columbia, Somalia, Vietnam, North Korea and the People Democratic Republic of Ann Arbor (PDRA2).

Hmmm, what's the ROI for an "unbelievably small" strike?

Don't forget some of the other major power players like Columbia, Somalia, Vietnam, North Korea and the People Democratic Republic of Ann Arbor (PDRA2).

You're talking about the unnamed countries supporting the US strikes? :ROFLMAO:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24039309

Syria hostage Domenico Quirico 'treated like animal'

"Our captors were from a group that professed itself to be Islamist but that in reality is made up of mixed-up young men who have joined the revolution because the revolution now belongs to these groups that are midway between banditry and fanaticism," he said. "They follow whoever promises them a future, gives them weapons, gives them money to buy cell phones, computers, clothes."

Such groups, he said, were trusted by the West but were in truth profiting from the revolution to "take over territory, hold the population to ransom, kidnap people and fill their pockets". Mr Quirico said he and his fellow captive were kept "like animals, locked in small rooms with windows closed despite the great heat, thrown on straw mattresses, giving us the scraps from their meals to eat". He said his guards seemed to take no interest in anything other money and weapons - spending entire days lounging on mattresses, smoking and watching old black-and-white Egyptian movies or American wrestling shows on television. He said he felt these men took satisfaction from seeing what they would regard as two rich Westerners reduced to the status of beggars.

"Even children and old people tried to hurt us. Maybe I am putting this in overly ethical terms but in Syria I really found a country of evil," he said.

Big surprise, huh? Fuck the rebels. Fuck Syria. Let them all kill each other.

Somehow, Someone still found a way to make the President look good.... wow....

http://www.esquire.....

Esquire, the same "news" site that ran stories on "The Shooter" from the UBL raid. The guy who was debunked and had his story hammered 20 ways from Sunday. I'd read port-a-john graffiti before I read Esquire. People will put stock in what they say because some people just have to believe in something no matter how ridiculous...

Watched an interview last night between Assad and Charlie Rose. Assad made some very valid points for his decisions. Meanwhile, Rose was stuck on this repetitive dialogue repeating the same thing over and over again....."You're pretty much just like your father"

Every point Assad made went in one ear and right out the other with no, real, constructive follow up other than the above. :rolleyes:

Now we are going from the red line thing to the "pause button" thing. And the administration is claiming that the "Russian" plan has been in planning for a year? Really? If that is so why did aides try to talk back SOS's remarks almost immediately after he made them and why didnt we hear about this brilliant plan..oh I dont know..maybe a year ago? Maybe if so, there would be more living Syrians living in Syria today? O_o
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-hill-to-back-off-syria-strike-ahead-speech/

Administration officials also claimed the White House has been working on the chemical weapons hand-over idea with the Russians for up to year. According to the officials, Kerry did accidentally let the news out on Monday – when he appeared to make an off-handed comment that Assad could avert a strike by turning over his weapons. Kerry immediately walked back the remark.

They are so transparent and pathetic it's a joke.
1000% agree. Listening to POTUS's speech last night.... well this pretty much the impression I was left with. Sometimes less is more. He is asking for his cake and to eat it too. He wants Congress to vote at the time of his say so and for the outcome he mandates. And the "pinprick" comment. I just rolled my eyes.
exkgb.jpg

Pro-Syrian opposition ‘analyst’ fired for lying about credentials

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lyst-fired-for-lying-on-resume/#ixzz2edfTZVGg

Hmmm...

During discussions about military action in Syria last month, O'Bagy wrote an influential piece in The Wall Street Journal that was used to push for punishing the Assad regime for using chemical weapons.

The Aug. 30 piece disputed claims that the opposition is heavily populated by extremist factions. "Contrary to many media accounts, the war in Syria is not being waged entirely, or even predominantly, by dangerous Islamists and al Qaeda die-hards," she wrote, while calling for a "comprehensive strategy" to destroy Assad's military capability and boost the opposition.

Both Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Secretary of State John Kerry cited her article during congressional hearings. McCain read from the piece, describing it as an "important op-ed by Dr. Elizabeth O'Bagy." Kerry cited it the next day while appearing before a House committee, urging lawmakers to read it.

But questions were soon raised about O'Bagy's connection with a group called the Syrian Emergency Task Force. The Journal, after the op-ed was first published, included a clarification noting she is "affiliated" with that group, and that the organization subcontracts with the U.S. and British governments "to provide aid to the Syrian opposition."

Note to the MSM: When you announce that "covert" activities are going to take place, the activities are no longer covert. :-o O_o

This is sounding a shitton like what I hear almost daily: "Attention on the FOB, we are going to shoot back now so you may hear some loud noises" (over the loud speaker that alerts the ENTIRE FUCKING VALLEY) that we're going to shoot back now. WTF.

"We're coming to bomb you so make sure you throw a few extra sandbags on that bunker". Next this stupit fukn administration will announce the flight path and the exact times that they'll make the bomb runs...... :wall:

Back