Syria Thread

The IDF would like nothing better than an excuse to bomb the shit out of Iranian nuke facilities.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization. Fuck whatever it says.

The IDF would like nothing better than an excuse to bomb the shit out of Iranian nuke facilities.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization. Fuck whatever it says.

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking: be careful what you wish for. Hezbollah is like the 100-pound weakling that wears the "come at me bro" t-shirt, then spills a drink on a Hell's Angel....

I guess we'll have to wait for the BDA before we know if we killed any Russians or Iranians. Hopefully this strike will be more effective than the last one.

I like the way Chaos is getting out ahead of the game in advising that Syria will undoubtedly be spreading some serious fake news before long.

Sitting in London instead of watching “live” pixels kind of sucks. Early reports have most of our firepower coming from the Med and not from units in the Arabian Gulf region.

The Soviet/ Iranian response will be interesting, especially if we do this again tonight.

Well, that’s one way to distract from everything that is going on domestically I guess. And to show yours not a puppet of Russia.

Well, that’s one way to distract from everything that is going on domestically I guess. And to show yours not a puppet of Russia.

Wagging the dog, sir? Maybe coincidentally...but France and the UK went in on it hard and Merkel voiced her support if not her aircraft which leads me to believe the intel was solid and based on strong evidence.

We hit chemical weapons research/production facilities in the Barzah district of Damascus and one in Hom. Russia had warning, the buildings were evacuated at the time...and there were no Russian casualties.

Wagging the dog, sir? Maybe coincidentally...but France and the UK went in on it hard and Merkel voiced her support if not her aircraft which leads me to believe the intel was solid and based on strong evidence.

We hit chemical weapons research/production facilities in the Barzah district of Damascus and one in Hom. Russia had warning, the buildings were evacuated at the time...and there were no Russian casualties.

Even though we didn't participate, our Foreign Affairs Minister condemned Assad and supported the strikes. And coming from our limp wrist leadership, says a lot.

Sitting in London instead of watching “live” pixels kind of sucks. Early reports have most of our firepower coming from the Med and not from units in the Arabian Gulf region.

The Soviet/ Iranian response will be interesting, especially if we do this again tonight.

The Russkies are having a cow over it, as you would expect. But they've been propping up these hotheaded fucks since the days of Hafez back in the Cold War and have gotten burned more than once. (A Russian tank in Syrian hands is just a burning hulk waiting to happen.)

Russian officials warn of 'consequences' after US-led airstrikes on Syria

Last edited:
but France and the UK went in on it hard
Listening to a BBC report on NPR this morning it was said France was prepared to go it alone and Thersa May was attempting to avoid a Tony Blair blunder by acting without Parliament consent. The spin being that the US participated as an overture of support to our allies. Right. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On the chemical attack. Maybe I’m totally off base and I am certainly not educated enough about Syria. Could some chemical weapon accidentally get mixed in with regular munitions? It just seems that Assad would know that a deliberate chemical attack would land him in deep water with the leaders of the world (and a bunch of missiles). General Mattis wasn’t sure yesterday/day before(?) then he’s certain. I’m not even saying they are wrong, just gotta hear what their of evidence

On the chemical attack. Maybe I’m totally off base and I am certainly not educated enough about Syria. Could some chemical weapon accidentally get mixed in with regular munitions? It just seems that Assad would know that a deliberate chemical attack would land him in deep water with the leaders of the world (and a bunch of missiles). General Mattis wasn’t sure yesterday/day before(?) then he’s certain. I’m not even saying they are wrong, just gotta hear what their of evidence

Assad uses chemical weapons because he has them. Why not? Aside from the fact that he's a first class dick, he's got the Russians backing him up, and he knows any Western response is going to be limited to cruise missiles or other stand-off PGMs. So far, he's even been given the time to evacuate targeted facilities. What's a few empty buildings getting flattened when he's been at war for seven years?

Trump announced that he wanted to pull the US contingent out. That was in late March. The chemical attack on Douma came a week or so later.

Assad doesn't give a shit what the leaders of the world think. Neither did his father. If Assad lost the support of Russia, things would be much different, but that's not going to happen...The Russians have been deeply invested and entrenched in Syria since the Cold War.

Back