Texas Border War with White House

On a human level, my heart breaks for many of the people who are actively trying to achieve the American dream. We as American’s should always strive to make our country the place where people want to come because it’s the best place on this planet.

Now, the rules of entry need to be followed. If our rules are too cost inhibative and slow for people coming here, we need to look at those rules and see what can be done to help them. We are a country of immigrants. Even the Indian’s are not originally from here but most likely crossed over on the land bridge.

The border issues has been there for as long as I have lived in Texas (40+ years). The southern states have always taken the brunt of it, but had coped with it. Neither party really did much, just status quo. But, for the past ten years it has gone crazy and overwhelmed the already broken system.

Nobody ever really cared about the border in the Federal Government, and most states didn't know much about any issues on the border...but due to the polictical stage, the border is in the limelight. It's a huge problem, from the smallest border town, city, to the state....Govenor Abbot is striking while the iron is hot.

I feel like the US has to do a full stop of border entry, immigration and fix the system, expand the court system...etc. Of course, any sitting president trying that will take an incredible amount of heat.

Illegally crossing into the US is not a right, and is something we need to do a full stop on. But we still need a reasonable way for legitimate immigration.

But, we all know.....the fix will not happen in our lifetimes.......

On a human level, my heart breaks for many of the people who are actively trying to achieve the American dream. We as American’s should always strive to make our country the place where people want to come because it’s the best place on this planet.

Now, the rules of entry need to be followed. If our rules are too cost inhibative and slow for people coming here, we need to look at those rules and see what can be done to help them. We are a country of immigrants. Even the Indian’s are not originally from here but most likely crossed over on the land bridge.

Hear, hear! Agreed!!!

No we don't. Foreigners living outside our country are, inherently, not our responsibility.

As far as being "a country of immigrants," uncontrolled immigration has been an unmitigated disaster for a land's native peoples for as far back as we can look in history, including right here in what is now the United States.

DNA traces Native Americans to Eastern Asia and Northern Siberia, so they definitely crossed the land bridge. The migration was long thought to have started about 10k years ago…that’s been revised to 36k.

Your view on immigration is laudable and compassionate…but times have changed significantly since the great immigration of the 19th and early 20th Century. Exponential population growth, overcrowded cities, diminishing resources and disappearing farmland have created an environment quite different from those early days.

I believe tougher immigration laws need to be enacted and enforced. We can’t be everybody’s everything anymore.
I agree but also caveat with:

Yes, there need to be strict laws, we need to vett those coming in since among those innocent looking for a better place, are scum terrorists that our government want here to destroy our way of life, change my mind on that.

I would say, immigrants that do it the right way, care more for our republic than some Americans.

In addition, since this fucking administration gives illegals the opportunities now that should be for legal immigrants, the amount of illegals that the government allows in, leads to votes, obviously for the left, since they know no better. Again, legal immigrants are taught the bill of rights and basic government function, illegals have no fucking clue.

Yes, intense scrutiny on the border but there needs to be a line, clear line to allow legal immigrants in.

We can’t be everybody’s everything anymore.

Why can’t we? I’m not saying we need to be in every country and the world’s police, but we should be the shining example everyone is jealous of and therefore wants to come here. The American dream is a thing and we should keep it a thing.

Now, don’t confuse what I’m saying with we should have open borders and let every swinging dick and tit in. However, I think most of us can agree our current immigration policy is broken and something needs to be done.

At this point almost any changes to restrict illegal immigration are in the right direction. That said, I view immigration somewhat like existing gun laws: we shouldn't pass new laws until those on the books are enforced. The one area where I think this doesn't apply is LEGAL immigration. It is too costly and takes so much time why won't people chance being illegal? I think we have a member who spent upwards of 10k and had to obtain a lawyer before he became a naturalized citizen. This is a guy with skills, with a job, not some poor bastard with limited means. Work visas need to be addressed, H1B has killed a lot of our tech sector at a time we're telling kids to go get a STEM degree.

Shit needs to change on some levels. The current model is broken, but fully addressing the problems is politically cost prohibitive.

The border has been an unmitigated disaster. I remember when combatting illegal immigration was a huge part of the Democratic Party platform, just like combating crime. My family originally came from Mexico roughly 100 years ago. Don't know whether that was legally or illegally by the way, just know that my grandparents grew up migrating from farm to farm in the central valley until high school when their families settled around my home town. My grandfather who jumped into Korea with 187 ARCT would rail against illegal immigrants at the Dinner table. Mind, this was a very proud man of Mexican descent, we honored our culture. But he also came from a time where "full assimilation" was effectively a requirement.

We are actively over educating the rest of the world and denying spots in engineering programs and doctoral programs to foreigners. Specifically the Chinese and the Arabs. One reason our state universities (who are meant to educate residents of their state inexpensively) do this is because they pay full tuition rather than state subsidized tuition.

There need to be some easier paths to citizenship and permanent residency once here on a work visa.

Border security has been a problem well forever, but then Coyotes started driving to the border in the desert. There was a time when the desert was a good enough border by itself, because it was hard to survive. But you started getting liberal non-profits dropping supplies at known points. So survival became easier.

It has never been as bad as it is today. But where did this really start? 1985 San Francisco became a city of refuge. New Mexico and Colorado County Jails do not honor ICE Detentions. California became a Sanctuary State in 2017. NY, DC, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland. All Democratically run cities that actively thwart enforcement of immigration law.

Remember these places have allowed for murderers who were here illegally, to remain here illegally, and then commit murder again. Many times famously. And it has done nothing to change the policies of these places.

The numbers do not lie, this administration does not care about the border. From FY20 to FY21, border encounters quadrupled. That was because of active encouragement by the Byron and Kamla administration. But hey, this is the same government that hasn't sacked a single person. Accountability isn't in their dictionary.

I for one do not think the system is broken. The system is administered by the US government and it is my opinion that the immigration system is working EXACTLY the way its administrators want it to work.

We would all do well to remember that just because things look bad - doesn't mean it isn't working the way the administrators want it to function. As a teenager that didn’t know a lot about cars, I thought glass pack header mufflers were fucking awesome – they made my car REALLY loud and raspy.
Someone that knows more about cars would just hear it and think “Just another dumbass teenager with glass packs”
…but that shit was EXACTLY the sound I was going for.

The immigration system is running exactly like Permanent DC wants it to run. For the extreme left of Permanent Washington, it is just another accelerant leading to that holy grail of the 60 year old Cloward-Piven strategy. For the right side of Permanent DC, it is a dumpster fire that they love to use as a stage prop
-There I was, just me and my little UL Rated 10-B/C twenty-dollar Kiddie Multipurpose Home Fire Extinguisher that I got from Walmart.
-I’m giving it my all, risking smoke inhalation and debilitating burn injuries to fight this dumpster fire of an immigration policy for my constituents.
-I’m fighting the good fight but those mother fucking liberals, they just keep throwing fuel on the fire but don't worry because I’m gonna get it done

-Oh and don’t bother calling 911, they are so busy, besides theres no need for professional fire-fighters with trucks and fire hoses and cool looking hats that specialize in dealing with this kind of problem – I’m gonna get it done with my bullshit twenty-dollar UL Rated 10-B/C Kiddie Multipurpose Home Fire Extinguisher from Walmart !!!

The immigration system is not broken my friends – it is working exactly the way our selected representatives in Permanent DC want it to work. It is being administered to provide a desired response – just not the response that folks like us are hoping for.

I invite you all to come along with me on a brief journey into the metaphoric ravings of a deeply troubled and emotionally tortured mind:
Not long ago I had to have my septic tank pumped. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg, but it certainly cost more than a plunger. It had to be pumped out.
It was full of shit. My septic tank was literally full of shit.
...and that is ok. It's a septic tank if it isn't "full" of shit, it is certainly filling up with shit.

At any time, you can dig up the lid and pull the cover and you will see that there is nothing in that tank but a horrific mass of fetid shit. The problem is, every few years it gets so irreversibly full of shit, that something has to be done about it.
Here’s the thing, it’s not like we went on a wild and crazy binge with everybody at the Casa Del Box eating seven layer Taco Bell burrito’s just so we could break the toilets and flood the fuck septic tank.
NO
That’s crazy.

Just living your normal life everyday will eventually cause the septic tank to fill up with shit - its almost like the mother fucking US election cycle. These cock suckers are ALWAYS lying to us about something. The immigration system is always being administered by a bunch of fucking degenerates.
…but when that fucking election season kicks into high gear, the shit starts to back up.

Then, you call the plumber and he shows up with his fucking truck – and the candidates start to drop out when they realize that the same shit they say day in and day out is just that:
It’s all just shit.
It's all shit and nobody is fooled by it.
Besdes, pumping the septic tank doesn’t really make the shit go away. It just relocates the shit to a different place.
The septic tank still works – it always worked – just like it is supposed to – the essence of a septic tank is to remain perpetually full of shit…

…just like the immigration system

So in summation - the immigration system isn't broken, it is a living breathing stage prop administered by politicians to serve as a reliable everlasting campaign platform.
Those who administer the systemake sure that the mechanism is always full of shit.
It will ALWAYS be full of shit.

"That's the news...good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow."

Last edited:
I for one do not think the system is broken. The system is administered by the US government and it is my opinion that the immigration system is working EXACTLY the way its administrators want it to work.

We would all do well to remember that just because things look bad - doesn't mean it isn't working the way the administrators want it to function. As a teenager that didn’t know a lot about cars, I thought glass pack header mufflers were fucking awesome – they made my car REALLY loud and raspy.
Someone that knows more about cars would just hear it and think “Just another dumbass teenager with glass packs”
…but that shit was EXACTLY the sound I was going for.

The immigration system is running exactly like Permanent DC wants it to run. For the extreme left of Permanent Washington, it is just another accelerant leading to that holy grail of the 60 year old Cloward-Piven strategy. For the right side of Permanent DC, it is a dumpster fire that they love to use as a stage prop
-There I was, just me and my little UL Rated 10-B/C twenty-dollar Kiddie Multipurpose Home Fire Extinguisher that I got from Walmart.
-I’m giving it my all, risking smoke inhalation and debilitating burn injuries to fight this dumpster fire of an immigration policy for my constituents.
-I’m fighting the good fight but those mother fucking liberals, they just keep throwing fuel on the fire but don't worry because I’m gonna get it done

-Oh and don’t bother calling 911, they are so busy, besides theres no need for professional fire-fighters with trucks and fire hoses and cool looking hats that specialize in dealing with this kind of problem – I’m gonna get it done with my bullshit twenty-dollar UL Rated 10-B/C Kiddie Multipurpose Home Fire Extinguisher from Walmart !!!

The immigration system is not broken my friends – it is working exactly the way our selected representatives in Permanent DC want it to work. It is being administered to provide a desired response – just not the response that folks like us are hoping for.

I invite you all to come along with me on a brief journey into the metaphoric ravings of a deeply troubled and emotionally tortured mind:

So in summation - the immigration system isn't broken, it is a living breathing stage prop administered by politicians to serve as a reliable everlasting campaign platform.
Those who administer the systemake sure that the mechanism is always full of shit.
It will ALWAYS be full of shit.

"That's the news...good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow."

Supreme Court allows Border Patrol agents to remove razor wire installed by Texas at Mexico border — NBC News

WASHINGTON — A closely-divided Supreme Court on Monday allowed Border Patrol agents to cut through or move razor wire Texas installed on the U.S.-Mexico border as part of an effort by the state to prevent illegal border crossings.

The court on a 5-4 vote granted an emergency request filed by the Biden administration, which had argued that Texas was preventing agents from carrying out their duties.

The brief order noted that four conservative members of the nine-justice court would have rejected the government's request. They were Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The Biden administration says the wire prevents agents from reaching migrants who have already crossed over the border into the U.S.

IMG_0633.jpeg

but we should be the shining example everyone is jealous of and therefore wants to come here. The American dream is a thing and we should keep it a thing.

Agree. Which is exactly why only LEGAL immigration should be accepted and enforced. If the wrong people are allowed to come, it won't be a shining example for long.

Damn I'm proud of Texas. I don't see why they can't put the wire on the Texas side of anything, right outside Fed property?

One thing Texas in particular has is a large population of Mexican and other Hispanic Americans. And a good chunk that still speak Spanish at home. When a state that is almost majority Hispanic, takes the lead on illegal immigration from Mexico and South America, that's a good sign there's huge problems. Can't really play the race card there.

I spent a few years at Hood and a lot of my California friends stayed in Tx after their enlistment. Most of them are Mexican American, and most of them were not about that mass immigration. Anybody can see a flood of people coming into the country is going to lead to problems. We have a shit ton of miserable, broke people in the U.S. already. How is adding a few million more desperate people going to help anything? This is not pioneer/industrial revolution times....

Supreme Court allows Border Patrol agents to remove razor wire installed by Texas at Mexico border — NBC News

WASHINGTON — A closely-divided Supreme Court on Monday allowed Border Patrol agents to cut through or move razor wire Texas installed on the U.S.-Mexico border as part of an effort by the state to prevent illegal border crossings.

The court on a 5-4 vote granted an emergency request filed by the Biden administration, which had argued that Texas was preventing agents from carrying out their duties.

The brief order noted that four conservative members of the nine-justice court would have rejected the government's request. They were Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The Biden administration says the wire prevents agents from reaching migrants who have already crossed over the border into the U.S.

View attachment 43930
Once again, Roberts fucks us all.

Back