The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

Whoever the guy is MCing the open workouts needs to be their guy, Dave Castro neeeeeeeds to disappear.

So they count the reps based on where your feet are and not a full extension of your arms on a hand stand pushup...like uh, wtf.

Last edited:
I did 15.5 today...my quads are going to hate me for a while.
16:21 as Rx.
My advice, post WOD, is to make a plan of how you are going to split up the thrusters and stick to it no matter what. You need to ensure you don't hit the wall/exhaustion as you break them up. I hit that wall and it kicked my ass. My thrusters were:
11/5/5/6
5/5/5/6
5/5/5
5/4
I got it in my head during the first set that I could hit a number, then I got there and thought, I can get 1 or 2 more. Big mistake. Also, make up your time on the rower. Just shut off your brain and pull. Rowing is one of the few things where my height helps me. This is one of those workouts where there is nowhere to hide. It's only 2 movements and it's all lungs. Looking forward to hearing others' thoughts.

I did 15.5 today...my quads are going to hate me for a while.
16:21 as Rx.
My advice, post WOD, is to make a plan of how you are going to split up the thrusters and stick to it no matter what. You need to ensure you don't hit the wall/exhaustion as you break them up. I hit that wall and it kicked my ass. My thrusters were:
11/5/5/6
5/5/5/6
5/5/5
5/4
I got it in my head during the first set that I could hit a number, then I got there and thought, I can get 1 or 2 more. Big mistake. Also, make up your time on the rower. Just shut off your brain and pull. Rowing is one of the few things where my height helps me. This is one of those workouts where there is nowhere to hide. It's only 2 movements and it's all lungs. Looking forward to hearing others' thoughts.
Man, I went 13:36 and felt awful. It was terrible.

Just saw that Greg Glassman is on 60 Minutes at 2000 EST tonight. So basically now. Just tuned in.

So the 15.5 announcement was in Vegas, and I ended up getting tickets and going.

If anyone had any doubts that Annie Thorsdottr or Camille were not really, really hot in person, you can put that shit to rest.

And Dave Castro is s douche.

Camille taught my level one class. So hot... I had a job lined up at a gym so I needed the cert. It was indeed a waist of time and money.

Watching the Crossfit Games on ESPN. All the stupid Crossfit jokes aside, fuck these girls are in serious shape. Watching them do something called the Snatch Speed Ladder - Cannot figure out how they don't hurt themselves - jesus.

Watching the Crossfit Games on ESPN. All the stupid Crossfit jokes aside, fuck these girls are in serious shape. Watching them do something called the Snatch Speed Ladder - Cannot figure out how they don't hurt themselves - jesus.

I have been watching the last few seasons. So far, this is the best one -- as far as coverage. The "Murph" is tearing them up this year. The women suffered through it. May be the heat. This is certainly a tough one to start out with.

The deadlift form is just yuck...

I'm not making a stand for CrossFit, but the globo gym "form police" argument is weak.

As far as the sloppy snatches go- if your form sucks, you're probably not moving anywhere near close to maximal weight. If you are moving maximal weight and your form breaks down, the barbell usually (like 99.95% of the time) falls.

As for round back deadlifts- this is a real, legitimate technique. Don't think so? Watch Benedikt Magnusson pull his 1,015 raw world record- or watch any other 800+ conventional deadlifter,you will be hard pressed to find one with good globo gym form.

The flat or arched back deadlift is more a clean pull than it is a deadlift. The connective tissue in your back is the strongest anywhere in your body. Injuries are more a product of an untrained athlete than they are of "improper" form.

ETA- Bad deadlift form, Dave Hansen, Eric Lilliebridge, Benedikt Magnusson- three awesome deadlifters... with round backs.

Attachments

• dave-hansen-round.jpg
    dave-hansen-round.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2015-07-25-23-30-22--2073673164.jpeg
    2015-07-25-23-30-22--2073673164.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 52511_1581607013656_1040111685_1659953_2977345_o.jpg
    52511_1581607013656_1040111685_1659953_2977345_o.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back