The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

Who's opinion of very difficult? I think that the workouts that were done at this years "Games" would be considered very difficult to the majority of the population.
That's what I meant.

A lot of the people who seem to be bent of shape about the Games don't seem to be stellar athletes.

For those of you who are offering your criticism, would sharing your own personal credentials discredit you?

Don't answer, just think about it.

That's what I meant.

A lot of the people who seem to be bent of shape about the Games don't seem to be stellar athletes.

For those of you who are offering your criticism, would sharing your own personal credentials discredit you?

I won't disclose my Fran time but I know I was skeptical about the level of competition at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest this year.

1st Stonie 62
2nd Chestnut 60
3rd X 35.5
4th Denmark 33
5th Morgan 31
6th Salem 30
7th Esper 29.5
8th Rodriguez 28

That's what I meant.

BAM! Steel on target! And that can be applied to any argument. Monday morning/armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen but they've never been the 'man in the arena'.

If you put it on TV, you open yourself to criticism and when Dave Castro is your face...yeah. But I thought the programming was bogus, it seemed they just wanted to crush erbody.

If you put it on TV, you open yourself to criticism and when Dave Castro is your face...yeah. But I thought the programming was bogus, it seemed they just wanted to crush erbody.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Programming is what you do during trainijg, not testing.

Deadlifting and squatting usually isn't done on the same day and especially not for max effort during TRAINING. However, during a meet, which is TESTING, you do both.

I enjoy watching the CF Games. It's entertaining...and most of them are in fact "more fit" than the majority of the people inhabiting Terra Firma. :-";-)

This is exactly what I was talking about. Programming is what you do during trainijg, not testing.

Deadlifting and squatting usually isn't done on the same day and especially not for max effort during TRAINING. However, during a meet, which is TESTING, you do both.
You can say that, but there is still programming. The programming for this grand spectactle should not last five days, because you want max effort. Three days is perfect, and you shouldn't be crushing your elite competitors on the first event. Should it be a test, definitely...but maybe I would just rather not see someone get rhabdo or some other handi-capping injury.

You can say that, but there is still programming. The programming for this grand spectactle should not last five days, because you want max effort. Three days is perfect, and you shouldn't be crushing your elite competitors on the first event. Should it be a test, definitely...but maybe I would just rather not see someone get rhabdo or some other handi-capping injury.
What are the high points on your resume that make you an authority on what is perfect?

It's a competition of the "best of the best". As unfortunate as it is when someone gets injured, it's part of the sport. Just like every other competition.

What are the high points on your resume that make you an authority on what is perfect?

If this is your argument, it invalidates anything CFHQ is putting out. Who on that staff has ever been at the level the current Games competitors are at? Who's ever even been close? Who do they have running through these workouts to ensure it actually is good testing and not just a bunch of random bullshit thrown together by people with no real certifications or experience in the fitness or S&C industries?

If this is your argument, it invalidates anything CFHQ is putting out. Who on that staff has ever been at the level the current Games competitors are at? Who's ever even been close? Who do they have running through these workouts to ensure it actually is good testing and not just a bunch of random bullshit thrown together by people with no real certifications or experience in the fitness or S&C industries?
Well they do have the Demo team run through the events, which are people that volunteer to test all the events and show the competitors how to do each thing prior to competing. They are usually athletes that just missed qualifying. As for the other questions that is outside my knowledge.

Well they do have the Demo team run through the events, which are people that volunteer to test all the events and show the competitors how to do each thing prior to competing. They are usually athletes that just missed qualifying. As for the other questions that is outside my knowledge.

And remember last year's team event with the mega sled? That the demo team could barely move as Dave tried to prolong his explanation Lol.

Adaptive Athletes: An Open Letter To CrossFit HQ

Different note, I hope they add an adaptive athlete division to next year. I think it would help give hope to the returning soldiers who return with a disability. The events would be hard to plan I am sure but I hope it gets added.

Derick Carver, the co-founder of Team Some Assembly Required and owner of Chagrin Falls Crossfit, penned this moving open letter to the CrossFit Headquarters at the end of July, in light of allowing an adaptive athlete division at the Crossfit Games 2016.

"All I want to do is be the “fittest adaptive athlete in the world,” you know? Like Rich Froning, but missing a leg and stuff. "

You know what? It's too dangerous for people to hold 400+ pounds over their heads, so let's get the International Olympic Committee to put a cap on the weights allowed in the clean and jerk and snatch.

I also think having 400 pounds directly over your chest, and 800+ pounds on your shoulders could potentially handicap a lifter. Let's also make round backed deadlifting an illegal technique, even though almost every elite powerlifter does it. Let's petition the IPF to make powerlifting safer for the athletes.

Fuck safety. Competition is not about safety. Competition is about winning. If you aren't prepared to do everything it takes (within the rules) to win, then don't play- and definitely don't complain if you lose.

Last edited:
Whatever man...if you're going to be that guy, be that guy. Crossfit is not an impact sport so they should definitely take the precautions to be safe. Lifting weights is not inherently dangerous like Football or Rugby, but if you want to make it that way, I won't have sympathy when you get hurt. I say when because I've already come back from a bad lifting injury because I probably rounded my back on too many deadlifts once.

Whatever man...if you're going to be that guy, be that guy. Crossfit is not an impact sport so they should definitely take the precautions to be safe. Lifting weights is not inherently dangerous like Football or Rugby, but if you want to make it that way, I won't have sympathy when you get hurt. I say when because I've already come back from a bad lifting injury because I probably rounded my back on too many deadlifts once.
By all means, dispute one of my points.

Is heavy weight over your head not dangerous? Is pinning yourself between a heavy barbell and a bench safe?

Bottom line- no one cares that you are susceptible to injury or that you have been hurt before. You are not a competitor.

And remember last year's team event with the mega sled? That the demo team could barely move as Dave tried to prolong his explanation Lol.

I'm quoting you gents because of the relevance, not calling you out.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a fatass with a BMI of eleventy who hasn't seriously worked out since Jesus was a Corporal. Even in that amazing state I (probably all of us I'd hope) know the difference between a demonstration, a test, and competition. "Is this a good exercise for XXXXX" isn't the same as "Is this a good exercise when paired with YYYYY or ZZZZ for XXXX." Doing one is fine but are they stringing them together, in sequence, with the same rest periods, under "as close as they can get" weather conditions?

I'm not taking away from the competitors, I'm in no position to do that, but there's no bloody way to defend the position on programming if the demo squad isn't performing the competition: same events, same rest periods, same times, in sequence, etc. "Here's the proper form for AAAAA" isn't the same as doing 100 of those in the middle of the day.

If someone's idea to mitigate risk is by testing the events separately then they are just checking a block.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a fatass with a BMI of eleventy who hasn't seriously worked out since Jesus was a Corporal. Even in that amazing state I (probably all of us I'd hope) know the difference between a demonstration, a test, and competition. "Is this a good exercise for XXXXX" isn't the same as "Is this a good exercise when paired with YYYYY or ZZZZ for XXXX." Doing one is fine but are they stringing them together, in sequence, with the same rest periods, under "as close as they can get" weather conditions?

I'm not taking away from the competitors, I'm in no position to do that, but there's no bloody way to defend the position on programming if the demo squad isn't performing the competition: same events, same rest periods, same times, in sequence, etc. "Here's the proper form for AAAAA" isn't the same as doing 100 of those in the middle of the day.

If someone's idea to mitigate risk is by testing the events separately then they are just checking a block.
This is risk averse, nonsensical bullshit.

- Did the organizers of the first Ironman run the race to make sure it was doable?

- Did the organizers of Raw Unity squat 1,014 to make sure it was safe for Malanichev?

- Did the commanders of WWII have a "demo squad" attempt to storm a beach under mortar and machine gun fire to see if it was good programming?

The answer to all these questions is no. There is no way to safely test the limits of the human body and mind.

This is risk averse, nonsensical bullshit.

- Did the organizers of the first Ironman run the race to make sure it was doable?

- Did the organizers of Raw Unity squat 1,014 to make sure it was safe for Malanichev?

- Did the commanders of WWII have a "demo squad" attempt to storm a beach under mortar and machine gun fire to see if it was good programming?

The answer to all these questions is no. There is no way to safely test the limits of the human body and mind.

Bullshit dude. CF does not have the right to throw anything and everything at the competitors and say, "Well fuck 'em, it's a competition." There is still a responsibility to attempt to make things as safe as possible. I'm all for difficult competition. Leaving barbells uncovered in the sun for hours so that people burn their hands is not "hard programming", it's irresponsible bullshit. Your anecdotes have fuck all to do with the CF Games, especially the WW2 storming of the beach one. If your position is people are pussies for ever raising any concerns ever, then fine. Just say that. But don't come up with these bullshit analogies that are irrelevant to what the original point of the article was.

Last edited:

They do complete all of the workouts fully. However, I am not sure about their rests between the events, whether it is the same as the competitors or days apart. I am searching for that information currently.

Regardless of the demo teams rest time it would be very hard to simulate the adrenaline rush you have to maintain over the course of the games in order to get the best times.

Back