The Racing Thread

@AWP The Canadian GP was absolutely great.

Agree. It was a combination of what makes F1 great in my opinion. It isn't just pure racing, cars, and driver talent; It includes the strategy necessary to win. Sure, people are turned off by the somewhat lack of "fight" on the track to win, but there's so much more to that than meets the eye. The Russell-Hamilton-Piastri battle in the last 10 laps is a great example of car, man, and strategy needed to win in F1. Back marker drama with Alpine and Haas are worthy of a fan's attention. Undercut, overcut, etc.

And this is all before one delves into F1 politics and off-grid drama.

Yeah, yeah, yeah "Drive to Survive" and all that, but for a racing fan, F1 has a lot to offer. I spend less time on F1 than I did with fantasy football in the NFL and have the same reward. Pun somewhat intended: your mileage may vary.

The best part of being a US viewer is usually bring able to wake up and watch the race on Sunday mornings. I was so annoyed that Monaco was a bore fest especially because that was the race broadcast on ABC for free.

Yeah, yeah, yeah "Drive to Survive" and all that, but for a racing fan, F1 has a lot to offer. I spend less time on F1 than I did with fantasy football in the NFL and have the same reward. Pun somewhat intended: your mileage may vary.

Drive to Survive got SO MANY JOES interested in F1. Lot of us were watching from Poland or Germany last year. Plenty of Checo Perez fans. I was also super stoked the Vegas race wasn't a bust.

Drive to Survive got SO MANY JOES interested in F1. Lot of us were watching from Poland or Germany last year. Plenty of Checo Perez fans. I was also super stoked the Vegas race wasn't a bust.

I tried DTS and found it to be too...contrived. I know it brought in a ton of fans to the US, but I lost interest after 3 or 4 episodes.

I wish Sainz would make up his mind and sign with a team. I think he'd be a fool to pass up on Williams.

Back