The Racing Thread

To be fair, Haas has the best hair in all of F1. KMag and Hulk look like a Waffen SS recruiting poster. If I had to rank the F1 teams by driver's hair:
1. Haas.
2. Kick Sauber Audi (This is all Bottas)
3. Alpine. They look like fuckbois but fuckbois have great hair.
4. RB VCarb CashApp EIEIO. Isn't Yuki adorable?
5. Aston Martin (would score higher if "bed head" were in fashion)
6. Williams. Sargeant carries this team for once
7. McLaren. Oscar's a living Hermie the Elf from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
8. Red Bull. Finally, Checo brings something to the team.
9. Mercedes...FFS Lewis, pick something.
10. Fuck Ferrari because Ferrari

I agree with all of this, except #10. That was an emotional choice. You're better than that.

I just looked at qualifying for Silverstone. What the fuck just happened in England? We're in the End Times, aren't we?

Checo went out with 8 minutes left in Q1 cause he beached himself. Bet Horner went back into the paddock to skim over his contract one last time. Was a great quali overall.

I even watched the F2 sprint and that was a complete fucking shit show.

2024 McLaren is 2023 Ferrari.

Silverstone and COTA are some of the best races. I feel like the season is building towards some epic moment.

Best rave of the season IMO. McLaren pit strategy lost them 1 and 2.
Wrong tires and didn't get the front wing angle adjusted. McLaren doesn’t bone up that pit and the race is much closer. Would Norris have taken Hamilton? 🤔

Back in 70s through the 90s, my Dad worked as a race official for Indy cars. That’s also why I probably don’t really care for racing. Also, F1 has gotten incredibly boring as the cars get bigger. The old historic tracks like Monaco just aren’t built for them. They need to make the cars smaller to make racing great again. Also look at the finish times. That s a lot of people off pace. IMG_1308.png

F1 more than ever relies heavily on strategy. That said, races are far, far better than the Senna/ Proust years, but I didn't follow the sport from the early 90's to 2022, so I missed a lot.

Totally agree with @BloodStripe on car and track sizes. I think they are decreasing the size in 2026, but they will still be larger than previous years. I think a lot of that has to do with changes to the cars necessitating the space: larger gas tanks, safety, and power units that are complex and much larger than the last. Yeah, Monaco is unwatchable save for a race-changing wreck. Indy these days is hilarious, those races look like amateur hour. NASCAR is essentially a horribly, horribly managed spec series.

I feel like the season is building towards some epic moment.
Considering the relentless hyping up of the Norris v. Verstappen contact in Austria last week, you’d think that was the pivotal turning point.

Also Checo allegedly is going to run into the brick wall that is the prerequisites for his contract extension so apparently he’s in danger of losing his seat too. Maybe that explains Sainz’s dithering?

Considering the relentless hyping up of the Norris v. Verstappen contact in Austria last week, you’d think that was the pivotal turning point.

Also Checo allegedly is going to run into the brick wall that is the prerequisites for his contract extension so apparently he’s in danger of losing his seat too. Maybe that explains Sainz’s dithering?

I think that's wishful thinking on Sainz' part. Marko's trying to figure out how to handle the Perez, Danny Ric, Lawson situation. Yuki deserves Checo's seat though. Sargeant's out qualifying Checho...

Back in 70s through the 90s, my Dad worked as a race official for Indy cars. That’s also why I probably don’t really care for racing. Also, F1 has gotten incredibly boring as the cars get bigger. The old historic tracks like Monaco just aren’t built for them. They need to make the cars smaller to make racing great again. Also look at the finish times. That s a lot of people off pace. View attachment 45212

People weren't necessarily off the pace as much as they were off the pit strategy. Like, poor Leclerc was coming in for a NEW set of inters at the same time everyone was coming in for their first. Horner did to Perez what CNN is doing to Biden. Oh, you have contract obligations? Have fun with these inters outside of the points. Straight turned against ol' boy.

TIL that Sting Ray Robb (Indy driver) is his actual name. Birth certificate name. Gub'ment name. Robb, Sting R. I thought it was a nickname or something, but no...actual name.

People weren't necessarily off the pace as much as they were off the pit strategy. Like, poor Leclerc was coming in for a NEW set of inters at the same time everyone was coming in for their first. Horner did to Perez what CNN is doing to Biden. Oh, you have contract obligations? Have fun with these inters outside of the points. Straight turned against ol' boy.

Probably that, but it doesn't help with his rumored performance clauses when they purposefully tank his race to get tire data for Max. Ah well, the silly season continues.

Probably that, but it doesn't help with his rumored performance clauses when they purposefully tank his race to get tire data for Max. Ah well, the silly season continues.

Marko and Co. know that wasn't Checo's fault and will doubtless hold it against him. What they also did was mind fuck Checo, and any results from THAT will be held against him.

Checo's kind of like Sargeant in that without a major uptick in performance REAL SOON...one goes to Indy next year and the other doesn't have a F1 seat.

Dude took a ride, didn't he...

That whole situation was wild.

Hungary was pretty nuts. McLaren looks like a shit show. Great professionalism by OP and Lando afterwards.

Do you watch on espn or f1tv? Mclaren has a solid driver duo, but the strategist need to learn how to survive up front. It's new to them. The radio drama was on point this weekend. Max obviously needed a new tampon during that race. Think we saw Checo's last race with Red Bull after how many points Mclaren picked up this weekend. Giant chunk taken out.

Do you watch on espn or f1tv? Mclaren has a solid driver duo, but the strategist need to learn how to survive up front. It's new to them. The radio drama was on point this weekend. Max obviously needed a new tampon during that race. Think we saw Checo's last race with Red Bull after how many points Mclaren picked up this weekend. Giant chunk taken out.

F1TV.

McLaren doesn't know what to do now that it has a championship-level car and driver combo. Its strategy department is learning on the fly and way behind the power curve. Checo's done after Spa, the real question is who do they put in his seat? Max having his meltdowns of late is pure comedy gold for me. Such an entitled little prick, that little Maxi pad. Right now we're watching Red Bull implode. Newey gone, Horner drama, Marko's gonna' Marko, Checo, a sure lock for the constructor's championship is now anything but..

I saw an interview with Kimi Antonelli where he said he isn't ready for F1, so now Toto's resting prick face needs to get the kid onboard or find a Plan B.

Team radio today was wild. I'm happy to see Oscar get the win, but not like that. He and Lando both have every right to get pissy over how the race was handled. Did you catch Lando throwing the 2nd place hat on the cool down room floor and Lewis laughing at him?

F1TV.

McLaren doesn't know what to do now that it has a championship-level car and driver combo. Its strategy department is learning on the fly and way behind the power curve. Checo's done after Spa, the real question is who do they put in his seat? Max having his meltdowns of late is pure comedy gold for me. Such an entitled little prick, that little Maxi pad. Right now we're watching Red Bull implode. Newey gone, Horner drama, Marko's gonna' Marko, Checo, a sure lock for the constructor's championship is now anything but..

I saw an interview with Kimi Antonelli where he said he isn't ready for F1, so now Toto's resting prick face needs to get the kid onboard or find a Plan B.

Team radio today was wild. I'm happy to see Oscar get the win, but not like that. He and Lando both have every right to get pissy over how the race was handled. Did you catch Lando throwing the 2nd place hat on the cool down room floor and Lewis laughing at him?

I can get Max's frustration since he's all alone up front, but damn, the world is watching. VCarb shit the bed with DR's strategy as well. Did you catch the comment by Horner a few weeks back? "If Mercedes wants a Verstappen... Jos is available."

Kimi aside, Carlos is absolutely fucking everyone and he'll probably pay a price for it.

The whole back and forth was kind of sad. Lando should've let him by several laps before and then raced it on merit.

Also- Indycar

I can get Max's frustration since he's all alone up front, but damn, the world is watching. VCarb shit the bed with DR's strategy as well. Did you catch the comment by Horner a few weeks back? "If Mercedes wants a Verstappen... Jos is available."

Kimi aside, Carlos is absolutely fucking everyone and he'll probably pay a price for it.

The whole back and forth was kind of sad. Lando should've let him by several laps before and then raced it on merit.

Also- Indycar

Max has the talent and experience that he should know when to hunker down and shut up. Did the last few years go to his head? Ehh....And I didn't see Horner's remark until your post. Those two do not like each other. Max is ultimately the same old Max.

Carlos is on the verge of no seat in 2025 or a seat he really doesn't want. He's almost forced himself out of Williams and Mercedes in the vain hope he can replace Checo. He needs to roll the dice with Alpine or Sauber and move on.

My hope with McLaren is the drivers don't hate each other because of this weekend, that they can see it for what it is: shit strategy. They don't need a Prost/ Senna or Rosberg/ Hamilton situation there while the team figures out how to...team.

I'm entertained, that's what matters.

Decent race today. Too bad Piastri couldn't pass Hamilton. Interesting turn of events with Russell.

Back