The Racing Thread

Decent race today. Too bad Piastri couldn't pass Hamilton. Interesting turn of events with Russell.

The last 10-15 laps were great. I'm glad Piastri didn't murder his front jack man. Ballsy move by Russell (I do not like him) to win the race, minus his DQ giving Hamilton the win. :-o

The last 10-15 laps were great. I'm glad Piastri didn't murder his front jack man. Ballsy move by Russell (I do not like him) to win the race, minus his DQ giving Hamilton the win. :-o
Lol, Piastri came in HOT. Could you imagine if he passed HAM? His first win shit show and then that?

Lol, Piastri came in HOT. Could you imagine if he passed HAM? His first win shit show and then that?

As soon as I saw the DQ and knowing Piastri's closing rate on Ham, that could have been ridiculous. Fantastic race by Russell, but damn...

Now we go to the who is being fired and signed for 2025 summer break.

I think the only thing saving Checo is who do you put in his seat? Yuki is better than Ricciardo, but a PR nightmare, and you don't want to pull a Sargeant on Lawson and start him too early. RB is also fighting for a constructor's championship, so they need consistent points which Checo can't provide.

Sainz signs (that's funny) with Williams.

RIP Logan Sargeant (no surprise there).

Silly season can officially commence.

Sainz signs (that's funny) with Williams.

RIP Logan Sargeant (no surprise there).

Silly season can officially commence.
There are a couple of videos from yesterday with DR looking real happy. I think he got the seat.

Red Bull is going to mess around and lose the Constructor's championship. Lando was flying today.

Only 30 points behind. At this rate, they should be caught up in about three races.

Mercedes and RB have offered Mick and Liam to replace Logan for the rest of the season. Good old Haas is stuck in Holland until they pay those Russian gangsters their money.

Hilarious!

Red Bull is going to mess around and lose the Constructor's championship
Yeah but that TelCel and KitKat money though . . .

Mercedes and RB have offered Mick and Liam to replace Logan for the rest of the season. Good old Haas is stuck in Holland until they pay those Russian gangsters their money.
Understand that RB want the option to recall Lawson whenever they want to, which could be a problem if Checo gets dropped.

Understand that RB want the option to recall Lawson whenever they want to, which could be a problem if Checo gets dropped.

I think RB knows it has a driver problem, not just for this year but beyond as well.

Max is signed through 2028, but has also stated he could leave before that. He has expressed no desire to stay long enough to break LH's 7x championship, his sim racing, a desire to start his own team in another series, and whatever he has in his head. 2026 will put him in an entirely new, non-Newey car, and he's clearly unhappy with the current state of the team (his dad isn't helping matters). RB need to hedge against an early Max withdrawal.

Checo might not be around in 2025. Yuki is a long shot for promotion, I don't think he'll ever go to the main team. Danny Ricc might not be around in 2025.

Lawson's shown promise, but I think RB desperately want him to compete and know last year wasn't a fluke. They also have that guy with the weird name in F2 who has potential. They need to hedge their bets if both Danny and Checo are cut. If Lawson drives for Williams this season and performs, you could see RB with two rookies next year.

They also have that guy with the weird name in F2 who has potential.
Issack Hadjar I believe.

I think RB desperately want him to compete and know last year wasn't a fluke
He becomes a free agent if they don't sign him for next year, so yeah they don't want him to leave. Additionally, they may not want him to go to help a competitor to VCARB in Williams.

Logan becoming Lo-gone? Nah.

His replacement? 100% off base on that guy. Glue Dick or whatever his name is.

Back