The self identity thread.

This entire issue of self identity is ridiculous. it doesn't even deserve serious thought but since this is America in 2023 and we have to accept intersectional values as moral and just lest we be labeled, "extremists" - here we go...

Conservatives in the 1920's might have been right all along - women should have stayed in those Yuge one piece swim suits when their arranged marriage husbands allowed them to go out in public.
But nooooo.....

Women have worked their asses off to get where they are. They've slept their way to the top of the political food chain and they get NO respect for it.....

BEER COMMERCIALS?
SERIOUSLY?
GTFOOH with that bullshit.

Besides, this is 2023. Why in the fuck do we still have bikini clad women stumping for corporate aMErikuh ???
Shouldn't these beer commercials have bikini clad MEN selling beer? Think of all the beer they'd sell. Men selling beer to men! Besides, men are proving more and more every day that they are better at everything.
Men are winning women of the year awards.
Men are winning beauty contests.
Men are becoming prom queens.
Men are being put on the cover of SI as swimsuit models.
Men are the best womens weightlifters.
Men are the best womens MMA fighters.
Men are the best womens competitive swimmers.
Men are the best competitive bike riders.
Men have even figured out how to have babies.
...because scientists have said so.

Self identity - it tastes like peas - now, go eat your peas aMErikuh !!!

Sitting here at work trying not to break out in laughter...holy shit!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The SI swimsuit issues helped me figure out early that I certainly identify as a heterosexual male.

I got ahold of a JC Penny catalog when I was about 4 or 5.

If you can get people to believe something as fundamentally and transparently wrong that men are women and women are men, you can get them to believe anything.

If you can convince them to physically mutilate themselves, or worse their children, in support of what comes down to a political ideology, you can get them to do anything.

If you make it OK for them to hate a group of people, they will do so with a passion.

If you demonstrate that resistance to current social fads, popular politics, or even violence will be met with extreme social, economic, and even physical cost, there will be few who resist.

If you can persuade people to believe that everything is "socially constructed" and there is no fundamental truth, only "my truth" as an individual, then there is no way to sustain the kinds of institutions and social ties that make our heterogenous, melting pot of a society work.

^That's kind of where we are in America right now.

If you can get people to believe something as fundamentally and transparently wrong that men are women and women are men, you can get them to believe anything.

If you can convince them to physically mutilate themselves, or worse their children, in support of what comes down to a political ideology, you can get them to do anything.

If you make it OK for them to hate a group of people, they will do so with a passion.

If you demonstrate that resistance to current social fads, popular politics, or even violence will be met with extreme social, economic, and even physical cost, there will be few who resist.

If you can persuade people to believe that everything is "socially constructed" and there is no fundamental truth, only "my truth" as an individual, then there is no way to sustain the kinds of institutions and social ties that make our heterogenous, melting pot of a society work.

We need to fix the media. That alone would affect other institutions such as the education system. Problem is that the media works for the government. That wasn't supposed to happen.

^I look forward to having episodes of people like Tucker etc. to view on Twitter or whatever when that kicks off. Not that I'm a fan of him specifically but I listen to Stern and Megyn Kelly on Sirius now and someday when I have more time I'm going to watch/listen to more.

I think about half of "us" tune the MSM out anyhow, there's just a vocal minority out there fruiting everything up. I mean look at the Bud Light thing. Holy shit, Kid Rock and a few others got them running around like their pants are on fire. I would have never even known had they not put that on blast for a few days. I don't drink Bud Lite or listen to KR... Weekly sales are down 23.6% from this time last year.
Yahoo Finance: Bud Lite Sales 1st week of May

How many teachers or professors get their information from CNN and then go talk to their students the next day about current events? Answer...from first hand experience...a lot.

My 9 year olds grade 4 class has some pop culture news bullshit put on every morning so the teacher gets some extra quiet time. Thankfully my daughter's ADHD keeps her from paying attention to half of it. She laughs and tells me it's boring, so she reads one of her books.

Last edited:
^Yeah, but how many of us don't listen to our teachers and professors? }:-):sneaky:

The BS definitely is a problem, and the media does run almost all of the BS. Think about how together America was post 9-11 for a few months. It didn't take too long for all that to fall apart and back to war is immoral and stupid.

A ton of people get indoctrinated as liberal, and there's been a balance leaning liberal in the U.S. for a long time, but when it comes time to pay the bill, and the bill always comes due, those same people turn conservative real quick.

^Yeah, but how many of us don't listen to our teachers and professors? }:-):sneaky:
Yep. I actually got into a few heated discussions with professors for spewing BS @ university, but I was a 40 year old crusty recently retired Sr NCO and couldn't keep my fucking mouth shut. Fortunately, it didn't hurt my GPA too much.

Last edited:

The BS definitely is a problem, and the media does run almost all of the BS. Think about how together America was post 9-11 for a few months. It didn't take too long for all that to fall apart and back to war is immoral and stupid.

A ton of people get indoctrinated as liberal, and there's been a balance leaning liberal in the U.S. for a long time, but when it comes time to pay the bill, and the bill always comes due, those same people turn conservative real quick.
Yep. I actually got into a few heated discussions with professors for spewing BS @ university, but I was a 40 year old crusty recently retired Sr NCO and couldn't keep my fucking mouth shut. Fortunately, it didn't hurt my GPA too much.

My experiences are dated, and nothing like what's going on now. I don't think I had a single professor who tried to indoc us one way, or the other, and we knew exactly where they stood. From what I recall if you could present a cogent argument to back up your belief they pretty much would leave you alone even if they disagreed 100%.

I had one prof of black history in America (I was the only honky in a class of 30-something), he would often be the 'devil's advocate' because he knew I wasn't going to say shit in that class, and he and I had some great conversations after class even though he was a pretty much Malcolm X acolyte (pre-departure from NoI, not from when he was cool).

I accidentally ended up with a minor in sociology (funny story....), almost all of those profs were LBGQT before LBGQT was a thing, and we knew where we all stood vis-a-vis politics.

In 2023 aMErikuh, you no longer need a vagina to be a woman - all you need is some lipstick and a twitter feed.
...and the lipstick is really only to help make your statement

My experiences are dated, and nothing like what's going on now. I don't think I had a single professor who tried to indoc us one way, or the other,
I had some great Profs too. But those were mostly in my Kinesiology specific courses. Gen Ed profs, especially history, were usually slobbering all over the Kennedy's, Clintons and Obama and absolutely despised Reagan. I recognize Reagan's faults, but I also greatly appreciate Reagan's strengths and always spoke my mind when the bashing started. Felt my classmates needed to hear both sides and were not getting it from the educators.

I had some great Profs too. But those were mostly in my Kinesiology specific courses. Gen Ed profs, especially history, were usually slobbering all over the Kennedy's, Clintons and Obama and absolutely despised Reagan. I recognize Reagan's faults, but I also greatly appreciate Reagan's strengths and always spoke my mind when the bashing started. Felt my classmates needed to hear both sides and were not getting it from the educators.

My first degree was poli sci (1991), so had a lot of different poli sci and history profs. We had some liberal ones; we had some conservative ones, too. Funny enough, there was a husband-wife combo in the poli sci department, he was super liberal, she was staunchly conservative. They were also a bit older, around 60 at the time. We'd argue in class about this or that, but it was never personal or attacking.

Many years later when I was trying to get into nursing school they advised me to take some easy classes to prop my GPA to be more competitive, so I took a butt-load of sociology courses. Every single one of those profs were definitely liberal. We argued, but it was always amicable enough. I never had any experiences like what we're seeing now.

180 from what I experienced. I remember one incident where my Professor was completely bashing capitalism and I provided a personal example of what is good about capitalism and he shut me down by saying "we are not going to have this discussion"

Sorry you had that experience. Yeah, that type of thing never happened to me.

Sorry you had that experience. Yeah, that type of thing never happened to me.

Attending college in middle age, and after serving your entire life in the military, presents a different challenge than it does right after high school (I did both) You go in with life experience and you are much more set in your ways. I found it difficult to keep an open mind, but I did learn a lot about myself and I am a better person.

Attending college in middle age, and after serving your entire life in the military, presents a different challenge than it does right after high school (I did both) You go in with life experience and you are much more set in your ways. I found it difficult to keep an open mind, but I did learn a lot about myself and I am a better person.

Yep. College first time at 18-22 (BA, poli sci). Grad school at 25-28 (MA, policy). College again 32-35 (BSN). Second masters at 48-51. Before, during, and after my service.

I didn't keep an open mind much, but I did keep a closed mouth. Eyes on the prize and all.

Edited to say, I am done. No more college for me. Well, maybe the post-masters certificate in disaster management, but no doctoral degree.

didn't keep an open mind much, but I did keep a closed mouth. Eyes on the prize and all.
Yeah, it doesn't really help if you push back other than maybe to present another side of a subject to younger students. That was always my intent. I actually enjoyed learning and the diploma was secondary. I did have a few classmates quietly commend me after class, so maybe it made a small impact.

ETA I enjoyed college. To be clear, my confrontations with the professors were only occasional. I hope it doesn't sound like I went to class each day looking for a fight. Lol.

Last edited:
Back