The self identity thread.

Question: If we care so much about rapists using trans access to bathrooms, why don't we change the building code for bathrooms?

Look- a trans woman or trans man using the bathroom is probably just as discomforted by the stranger making eye contact with them through the crack of the stall while they take a shit as anyone else.

Why are our bathrooms so obscenely not private? When I lived in the UK, anyone could use any bathroom because they didn't have massive gaps someone could stare through. Name one local politician who's been willing to address this. There will always be predators- but this negates concerns about trans people using bathrooms if everyone has privacy in their bathroom.

I'm pretty libertarian in almost everything, but this is one instance where I think government code could change in a way that makes sense.

So a lot more governing bodies are waking up to the fact that Dudes have biological advantages from being a dude. So this week British Cycling made the call to force all "assigned at birth males" into the Open division of cycling.

As well they should. This entire notion of "your estrogen is at least x means you can compete as a woman" is garbage. Utter garbage. The notion that women are the physical equal of men is garbage. Utter nonsense, and anyone who states otherwise is ignorant at best and a damn fool at worst.

Take 3 sports where men and women have an equal playing field: professional bicycling (all disciplines), track and field, and weightlifting. The bikes and tech available to men and women are the same. Same geometry, components, etc. The courses are the same, even downhill mountain biking, cross country, and enduro. The best women in the business cannot compete with their male peers. I've seen women's downhill MTB times that are 20+ seconds slower than men.

Go look up weightlifting and track and field.

List of world records in athletics - Wikipedia

Elite Strength Sports (IPF and IWF) a Comparision of Sex and Performance – Cast Iron Strength

List of Olympic records in weightlifting - Wikipedia

Some of those aren't even close, not even remotely competitive. There's too much data to refute the argument that men and women are on equal terms physically.

As well they should. This entire notion of "your estrogen is at least x means you can compete as a woman" is garbage. Utter garbage. The notion that women are the physical equal of men is garbage. Utter nonsense, and anyone who states otherwise is ignorant at best and a damn fool at worst.

Take 3 sports where men and women have an equal playing field: professional bicycling (all disciplines), track and field, and weightlifting. The bikes and tech available to men and women are the same. Same geometry, components, etc. The courses are the same, even downhill mountain biking, cross country, and enduro. The best women in the business cannot compete with their male peers. I've seen women's downhill MTB times that are 20+ seconds slower than men.

Go look up weightlifting and track and field.

List of world records in athletics - Wikipedia

Elite Strength Sports (IPF and IWF) a Comparision of Sex and Performance – Cast Iron Strength

List of Olympic records in weightlifting - Wikipedia

Some of those aren't even close, not even remotely competitive. There's too much data to refute the argument that men and women are on equal terms physically.

The fastest 100 ever ran by one set of chromosomes is hovering around 10.5 and THAT record was disputed because of the wind direction and wind speed at the track that day. The record hasn't moved in almost 40 years.

The other set of chromosomes busted into the 9's over 50 years ago and today - if THAT set of chromosomes isn't running faster than 10 flat, you aren't even getting invited to the elite competitions.

Half a second?
That's the same as "equal" isn't it?
No.
No it isn't.

Kudos to Bud Light for sticking with the game even as their stocks tank. Diversity, equity, and inclusion...their shareholders are diversifying their stock portfolios by including less ABInBev stock.

https://www.thestreet.com/retailers...business-owners-despite-boycott-loss-of-sales
I think this boycott (for lack of better words) shook Bud Light quite a bit. The type of guys who drank B.Lite and then quit can be a stubborn bunch; now that they’ve settled on MillerLite or Coors Lite, they probably have no reason to go back to B.Lite.

Spend a bunch of money with the alphabet-soup gang and maybe at least they’ll start drinking the beer again.

A-B reportedly lost $27B since this began. I gotta think this may be the death nail for what was reportedly a struggling Bud Light brand.

TGT is reportedly down $12B. This is mostly suburban wives.

These and others have me believing we may've reached the saturation point with DEI, particularly when it comes to the trans-gender nonsense.

A-B reportedly lost $27B since this began. I gotta think this may be the death nail for what was reportedly a struggling Bud Light brand.

TGT is reportedly down $12B. This is mostly suburban wives.

These and others have me believing we may've reached the saturation point with DEI, particularly when it comes to the trans-gender nonsense.

Anyone been in a Target? There are a few end caps and some clothes with rainbows on them. Why tf are people even upset?

I think Target is gonna be ok.

Attachments

• 8B3F1EAD-914D-4FD7-9220-F85ACFB4D467.jpeg
    8B3F1EAD-914D-4FD7-9220-F85ACFB4D467.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 5
Anyone been in a Target? There are a few end caps and some clothes with rainbows on them. Why tf are people even upset?

No one is going out of business but they will re-evaluate their strategies and others would be wise to pay attention.
Screenshot_20230601_125813_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_130118_Google.jpg

To add to my post above, they're upset because it won't well beyond "Pride" when they marketed trans-gender apparel to children. It's not particularly any more complicated than that.

Given inflation and other economic challenges, the timing is right for companies to scale back DEI programs as they look to retain their bottom lines. The ROI on such programs has always been questionable.

DEI probably won't go away but it should certainly move to the back seat instead of being front and center as it has been with some companies, such as Target.

To add to my post above, they're upset because it won't well beyond "Pride" when they marketed trans-gender apparel to children. It's not particularly any more complicated than that.

Do you have a specific example of a trans gendered clothing item marketed to children for sale on their website or in person? Are they things that say have a rainbow on them? I searched the app, and I couldn’t find anything trans related for sale in children’s sizes for sale.

Most of the things I’ve seen, as I shop there regularly and am routinely in the market for small girls clothing, are not what I would consider militant, or even all that different than seeing a pride flag on the street. I’d say a not small percentage of my daughters clothes have rainbows on them, and I don’t think any of those had anything to do with an agenda. My daughter just likes colors. She’s a fruit I know.

What I have seen is conservative “influencers” showing products for sale while standing in the kids section, which are adult clothing items.

I don’t give a fuck honestly. If fewer people shop there I won’t have to wait in a giant ass line every Saturday.

Do you have a specific example of a trans gendered clothing item marketed to children for sale on their website or in person? Are they things that say have a rainbow on them? I searched the app, and I couldn’t find anything trans related for sale in children’s sizes for sale.

Most of the things I’ve seen, as I shop there regularly and am routinely in the market for small girls clothing, are not what I would consider militant, or even all that different than seeing a pride flag on the street. I’d say a not small percentage of my daughters clothes have rainbows on them, and I don’t think any of those had anything to do with an agenda. My daughter just likes colors. She’s a fruit I know.

What I have seen is conservative “influencers” showing products for sale while standing in the kids section, which are adult clothing items.

I don’t give a fuck honestly. If fewer people shop there I won’t have to wait in a giant ass line every Saturday.
Target says they were pulled from stores (brick and mortor and online) as a result of the backlash.

An ex. is in the image below which children's attire contained "tuck" friendly labels, etc.
20230601_141226.jpg

Last edited:
Target says they were pulled from stores (brick and mortor and online) as a result of the backlash.

An ex. is in the image below which children's attire contained "tuck" friendly labels, etc.
View attachment 42381

So who is this marketed to? Is it marketed to kids? Or to parents who are idiots?

View attachment 42381

Do you believe that is marketed to children?

Or do you think it is virtue signaling to appeal to an absurdly small percentage of possible shoppers in a means of coming across as inclusive as possible?

^Children don't generally buy their own clothing, but many do pick out what they want whether they know there is "tuckable" crotch space or not. I mean holy shit?! I remember seeing a baby onesie that had a transgender slogan that was allegedly pulled off the shelf but didn't read the article and tried not to pay attention.

While I think Target missed its' mark with this one, I would bet a -9% stock valuation is plenty motivation for them to scrap this marketing campaign for at least a few clothing seasons.

These kinds of touchy things also aren't new. I remember the news story about Abercrombie making underwear for pre teens that had to be pulled years ago because of backlash.

Abercrombie & Fitch pulls children's thong

Bud, you been under a rock?

So who is this marketed to? Is it marketed to kids? Or to parents who are idiots?

Do you believe that is marketed to children?

Or do you think it is virtue signaling to appeal to an absurdly small percentage of possible shoppers in a means of coming across as inclusive as possible?

Nvm, thanks for confirming. I can tell you that the displays have been set up adjacent the childrens sections in most stores. Hence this being a NATIONAL STORY that has gone on for weeks.

All the nonsense has been moved because idiots at Corporate tried to integrate all the grooming trash next to kids sections.

Military bases can no longer hold drag shows, Pentagon says

The fact that this shit was ever allowed is problematic.

Back