The self identity thread.

Just my routine collection of thoughts on the subject...

If you own a company, you should adopt and execute a business model that is crafted to provide quality goods and services to your customers in a way that also provides a maximum profitable return to your investors. Your own personal political ideology on the topic of intersectional gender identity should NEVER become part of your marketing strategy unless your Target (pun intended) demographic is intersectional gender identity activists.
If thats the case, GOOD FOR YOU. Best of luck. I hope your business is able to serve your target demographic in a way that is positive and satisfying for your customers AND your investors.

If you own a company and your business model is crafted to cater to a very specific demographic, then you should cater to that demographic as a matter of practice. Businesses that only cater to the LGBT-HIJKLMNOP crowd during the moth of June, are not catering to the LGBT-HIJKLMNOP demographic - they are PANDERING to, and exploiting LGBT-HIJKLMNOP demographic in hopes that the rest of their loyal customer base either doesn't mind, or doesn't notice. My self-identity is important to me for all 12 months of the year. If you are not willing to meet my needs all year, or you decide to cater to an incompatible identity during some random month for arbitrary reason, we cannot continue to conduct business. If you can't be loyal to my needs, I'll not be loyal to your goods and/or services. If you want to fuck around and ignore my demographic during any given month of the year, then just fuck you very much, I'll go pay someone else way too much money for cheap consumer goods made in China.

What about the rest of the year?
-Why in the fuck can't I buy my children their dick-tuckable swimsuits at your fucking store in early April?
-Where in the fuck is the rack full of trans friendly gender dysphoric clothing items in late August when its time for me to to send my gender dysphoric child back to school in a cute little pink loetard so I can sue the school for allowing my precious little dear to be bullied by all of the rotten little transphobes that are rejecting the approved narrative?
-WHY IN THE FUCK ARENT YOU SELLING TRANS-FRIENDLY CLOTHING ON BLACK FRIDAY ?!?!?!?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Last edited:
Just my routine collection of thoughts on the subject...

If you own a company, you should adopt and execute a business model that is crafted to provide quality goods and services to your customers in a way that also provides a maximum profitable return to your investors. Your own personal political ideology on the topic of intersectional gender identity should NEVER become part of your marketing strategy unless your Target (pun intended) demographic is intersectional gender identity activists.
If thats the case, GOOD FOR YOU. Best of luck. I hope your business is able to serve your target demographic in a way that is positive and satisfying for your customers AND your investors.

If you own a company and your business model is crafted to cater to a very specific demographic, then you should cater to that demographic as a matter of practice. Businesses that only cater to the LGBT-HIJKLMNOP crowd during the moth of June, are not catering to the LGBT-HIJKLMNOP demographic - they are PANDERING to, and exploiting LGBT-HIJKLMNOP demographic in hopes that the rest of their loyal customer base either doesn't mind, or doesn't notice. My self-identity is important to me for all 12 months of the year. If you are not willing to meet my needs all year, or you decide to cater to an incompatible identity during some random month for arbitrary reason, we cannot continue to conduct business. If you can't be loyal to my needs, I'll not be loyal to your goods and/or services. If you want to fuck around and ignore my demographic during any given month of the year, then just fuck you very much, I'll go pay someone else way too much money for cheap consumer goods made in China.

What about the rest of the year?
-Why in the fuck can't I buy my children their dick-tuckable swimsuits at your fucking store in early April?
-Where in the fuck is the rack full of trans friendly gender dysphoric clothing items in late August when its time for me to to send my gender dysphoric child back to school in a cute little pink loetard so I can sue the school for allowing my precious little dear to be bullied by all of the rotten little transphobes that are rejecting the approved narrative?
-WHY IN THE FUCK ARENT YOU SELLING TRANS-FRIENDLY CLOTHING ON BLACK FRIDAY ?!?!?!?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I adore your well stated rants.

GettyImages-639163710-2-88f41e6.jpg

The rest of the world does wonder why you even bother with the pretence of privacy.

Anyone been in a Target? There are a few end caps and some clothes with rainbows on them. Why tf are people even upset?

It depends on the store and the market. Our local store is a small section, not the end caps. I don't know if corporate allows the stores to set the size of their displays or if (as I suspect) they are told what to do based on whatever data is filtering through HQ. When I worked IT support for a now out of business clothing company, corporate dictated what to display and how much based upon the square footage of its stores.

RE: the "tuck friendly" thing or whatever, my understanding is Target didn't have them in every store. I don't even know if the Orlando area carried them and we have the Pulse Foundation here because of the nightclub shooting. I know our local Target did not carry them. That doesn't mean I think it was okay for even one store to sell these, not at all, but it also wasn't a widespread campaign either. Lemonade out of lemons in this case I guess.

----

Break, break. Our daughter is a lesbian and she and my wife follow this kind of stuff. So, for those of you unfamiliar with the "T" in LGBT (and some other letters) some stuff you're missing...

The LGBT community is generally supportive of transgender people. Beyond that you have a rainbow (see what I did there?) of opinions in the community on just how far they should go with their support. I don't know the percentages obviously, but support for trans kids is not universally accepted, going so far as to create divides in the community. I would caution people against believing that even trans people support giving kids hormone therapy or whatever it is called. There are even some who oppose transwomen competing as women in sports.

Support for MAPs (pedophiles) is almost universally rejected. Every group has their "10%" so-to-speak though. Another almost universally rejected group? Furries. Lastly, a fair number of the LGBT community actually hate this "woke" bullshit.

The alphabet people need to have a schism.

You've got the LGB folks who represent one thing. Their movement has effectively been stolen by the T and the rest of those letters. To the point where the ideology has been pushed so far in some states it's completely open for males to run in girls track without question.

Stonewall UK says the penis is a female organ. Fucking Glamor UK posted about how a "male" was pregnant. Not boys and girls, that is a woman who dresses up...but wait, wtf are you having intercourse with men if you're trying to be a man but you're a woman? Like none of this makes sense.

But the more you push your bullshit on every day Americans who want to be left alone the more crazy the response will be. Sorry, but this isn't the Civil rights movement. LGB folks are fine, it's the crazy portion of the T folks that have taken over the conversation and somehow gotten society to cancel people for simple shit that I have a problem with.

Anecdotally the gay folks I know are not into the T shit...but it is these people who have been silent, and WOMEN as group who have been silent and been trampled by MEN that has put us where we are. It needs to get all put back in its box.

The alphabet people need to have a schism.

You've got the LGB folks who represent one thing. Their movement has effectively been stolen by the T and the rest of those letters. To the point where the ideology has been pushed so far in some states it's completely open for males to run in girls track without question.

Stonewall UK says the penis is a female organ. Fucking Glamor UK posted about how a "male" was pregnant. Not boys and girls, that is a woman who dresses up...but wait, wtf are you having intercourse with men if you're trying to be a man but you're a woman? Like none of this makes sense.

But the more you push your bullshit on every day Americans who want to be left alone the more crazy the response will be. Sorry, but this isn't the Civil rights movement. LGB folks are fine, it's the crazy portion of the T folks that have taken over the conversation and somehow gotten society to cancel people for simple shit that I have a problem with.

Anecdotally the gay folks I know are not into the T shit...but it is these people who have been silent, and WOMEN as group who have been silent and been trampled by MEN that has put us where we are. It needs to get all put back in its box.

I firmly believe it needs to be LGB because our society just isn't ready for TEIEIO and whatever. Maybe in a generation, but they are pushing Trans and that agenda too far, too fast. The result is the LGB who aren't comfortable with the T are shouted down by the others. They need to cut slingload for the time being.

To follow up the earlier post about NickMercs, #CallofGroomers was trending on Twitter for a bit as people pushed back on Activision Blizzard for pulling Mercs' content. Of course, some people have a problem with...people supporting Mercs. That's devolved into the calm, rational discussion you expect on social media.

What a fucked up world.

So there's been massive walkouts at schools among Muslim students. Parents pulling their kids to avoid Pride events all month. It's the culture war they didn't expect.

HOT MIC: Teacher tells Muslim students skipping LGBTQ events is not Canadian

This is rich! I love it!!!!! I am here for this content.

Coexist! Not every Muslim is a terrorist.
Thank you. We're glad people understand not every follower of The Prophet is a terrorist.
Why are you walking out on Pride events?!?!?!? Coexist!!!!!
Because that shit's not in our religion.
(Head explodes)

The layers of irony at play in that story. I can start the day off with laughter.

Back