The self identity thread.

Yeah, it doesn't really help if you push back other than maybe to present another side of a subject to younger students. That was always my intent. I actually enjoyed learning and the diploma was secondary. I did have a few classmates quietly commend me after class, so maybe it made a small impact.

ETA I enjoyed college. To be clear, my confrontations with the professors were only occasional. I hope it doesn't sound like I went to class each day looking for a fight. Lol.

I did not take it that way at all.

I realized, especially in sociology, that it was a powder keg waiting to go off, and I was the ignition. My wife gets all the credit for reminding me that my only job was to get an 'A' and move on. The profs and 90% of the students were very liberal, and ran their mouths. They knew that I and a handful of others were not, probably because we didn't join in any of the bash-your-right-of-center-topic-here conversations. They would bait us but I didn't join.

When I was younger and really would discuss my opinion or POV, some of the other students and I would go at it a bit, and some of the profs would go at it, but when it was done, it was done. None of the ongoing, lingering acrimony that we see now. Maybe it was the absence of all things digital and nothing was recorded for prosperity. 1987-1991 was just a different time it seems.

My wife gets all the credit for reminding me that my only job was to get an 'A' and move on
I actually took a couple of classes with my wife. She finished her masters in education with honors and I should've taken notes. She's a quiet person anyway, but she would only speak in class when called upon.

eh..my GPA was good enough.

I actually took a couple of classes with my wife. She finished her masters in education with honors and I should've taken notes. She's a quiet person anyway, but she would only speak in class when called upon.

eh..my GPA was good enough.

My GPA from my first time was just under a 3.0 (something like 2.96), and wasn't competitive enough for nursing school, even with a MA. The advisor told me to take a bunch of easy classes to pad my GPA, so did: I took 12 hours of sociology, on top of the pre-nursing sciences I had to take (my other sciences had been astronomy and ecology, so not applicable). I did MUCH better as an adult student. My first time around I was like most other you, horny male students who spent far too much time drinking and chasing girls. My wife made damn sure I was going to do neither.

I did not take it that way at all.

I realized, especially in sociology, that it was a powder keg waiting to go off, and I was the ignition. My wife gets all the credit for reminding me that my only job was to get an 'A' and move on. The profs and 90% of the students were very liberal, and ran their mouths. They knew that I and a handful of others were not, probably because we didn't join in any of the bash-your-right-of-center-topic-here conversations. They would bait us but I didn't join.

When I was younger and really would discuss my opinion or POV, some of the other students and I would go at it a bit, and some of the profs would go at it, but when it was done, it was done. None of the ongoing, lingering acrimony that we see now. Maybe it was the absence of all things digital and nothing was recorded for prosperity. 1987-1991 was just a different time it seems.

My sociology professor identified as Xe or some other such nonsense. However even when I vehemently disagreed with a given assignment, if I followed the rubric and cited sources I always got an appropriate grade.

My sociology professor identified as Xe or some other such nonsense. However even when I vehemently disagreed with a given assignment, if I followed the rubric and cited sources I always got an appropriate grade.
I can't rightfully claim that my ideology affected my grades, so I won't even argue that point.

Maria needed to check lab results on Quest Diagnostics app.

Had to make an account.

Questions were typical including:

-Gender identity:
--Male to female
--Female to male
--Gender fluid.

What a fucking joke. God damn degenerates.

Quest Diagnostics should know these people are 100% Male or Female already. I think they need a visit from ACLU.

Sheesh.

Yesterday my daughter told me that dude from the Bud Lite fiasco was put in a Tampax tampon commercial?? I'm not even going to search for it so I can't 100% confirm it's true.

They aren't. It took 5-10 minutes of sorting through the bullshit, but the short version is they aren't and if they are they've lied about it since before the Bud Light thing happened.

Mulvaney made a TikTok (fuck that platform) about carrying tampons for women who need them. A period occurs, women don't have a tampon or pad, it happens. I know actual women who do this, so I get it. I've seen women caught out by an unexpected period, so I understand the logic.

Sometime in 2022 Tampax sent them a box of tampons. No money (allegedly and I say this because no one's found a trace, no one's admitting to an exchange of money, and this happened long before Bud Light), no fanfare, and Mulvaney basically gave Tampax basically a one off shout out (if you can call it that) on Twitter or whatever platform.

People have done what is "the thing" today which is to crawl through social media looking for weakness, the "schwerpunkt" so to speak. They found this thing from last year and jumped to conclusions. If you repeat bullshit, and people are unwilling to challenge the bullshit, then it becomes "fact" in this day and age.

I'm no fan of the current trans "fad", but people need to act with more fact than emotion...and I say that over and over about almost every topic under the sun.

YMMV

It sounded like a spurious claim. Even given the huge woke outbursts from corporations, I had my doubts that they'd put a t-woman in a tampon commercial. Add to the fact that alleged commercial never got any attention but the Bud cans did.

So a lot more governing bodies are waking up to the fact that Dudes have biological advantages from being a dude. So this week British Cycling made the call to force all "assigned at birth males" into the Open division of cycling.

Big Hullabaloo.

Two dudes who "identify" as girls qualified for California states in Track, because Riley Gaines talked about this they got a ton of media scrutiny and didn't show up to prelims. Good. SF Chronicle comes out and tries to use one shitty study to say there is no advantage. Cue community notes.

Also apparently the person who is the women's sports editor is a transgender woman. Talk about a problem.

So Sam Ponder who at ESPN can't say what her beliefs are because she'll be shitcanned, because bigotry is definitely tolerated in this country. But only if you're Pro Trans in women's sports, Pro Black Supremacy etc. (Sorry, but Burrito Supremacy Uber Alles)

So she finally says something:

Get's some idiot at USA Today attacking her.

This idiot who won't read the multitude of studies that show dudes who make themselves eunuchs still retain strength says feelings matter and that is why we must throw out fairness.

https://twitter.com/nrarmour/status/1662841563544682496

Fucking clown world y'all. Where is the asteroid?

They aren't. It took 5-10 minutes of sorting through the bullshit, but the short version is they aren't and if they are they've lied about it since before the Bud Light thing happened.

Mulvaney made a TikTok (fuck that platform) about carrying tampons for women who need them. A period occurs, women don't have a tampon or pad, it happens. I know actual women who do this, so I get it. I've seen women caught out by an unexpected period, so I understand the logic.
<snip>

Fuck that bro, sending any trans influencer tampons to get a plug means one thing. They CANNOT MENSTRUATE. They have no ability to do so. Want a free plug? Send it to Olivia Dunne. Not hard.

ETA: https://twitter.com/Travis_in_Flint/status/1662493555313524737

This shit gets more interesting day by day.

Last edited:
Back