The self identity thread.

Admin/faculty of Marshall Simonds Middle School (Burlington, Mass) told students to wear rainbow colors to show support for pride month celebration; many students refused and wore red, white, and blue clothes and proclaimed that "U.S.A. are my pronouns."

Of course, those kids are being raked over the coals.

Robert Doback wanted to be a dinosaur when he was a little kid - he wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex
more than anything. He made his arms short and he roamed the backyard...
...and he chased the neighborhood cats,
...and he growled and he roared.
...everybody knew him
...and was afraid of him.

Then one day, his dad said: "Bobby, you're 17. It's time to throw childish things aside." and little Bobby Doback said, "Okay, Pop."

But that's not really what happened - Mr Doback said, "Stop being a dinosaur you idiot and get a job."
Little Bobby thought to himself,
"I'll go to medical school...
...l'll practice for a little while,
...then I'll come back to it.
...I can still identify as a dinosaur AND be a responsible adult
But I forgot how to do it...
...I forgot how to be a dinosau
r"

And where did he end up?
HE ENDED UP WITH A HOT WIFE, AND A NICE HOUSE AND A FUCKING BOAT.
...but he also raised a a stupid fucking kid that wrecked his boat and made nothing of his life except playing the drums (poorly) to some stupid fucking Italian opera song at the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer.

STOP PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT OR YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIKE BRENNAN HUFF AND DALE FUCKING DOBACK.

INTERSECTIONALITY IS NOT A THING.
YOU ARE NOT A CAT
YOU ARE NOT NONBINARY
YOU ARE NOT A HORSE
YOU ARE NOT A TWO SPIRIT
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
YOU.ARE.NOT.A.FUCKING.DINOSAUR.

...that is all

Robert Doback wanted to be a dinosaur when he was a little kid - he wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex
more than anything. He made his arms short and he roamed the backyard...
...and he chased the neighborhood cats,
...and he growled and he roared.
...everybody knew him
...and was afraid of him.

Then one day, his dad said: "Bobby, you're 17. It's time to throw childish things aside." and little Bobby Doback said, "Okay, Pop."

But that's not really what happened - Mr Doback said, "Stop being a dinosaur you idiot and get a job."
Little Bobby thought to himself,
"I'll go to medical school...
...l'll practice for a little while,
...then I'll come back to it.
...I can still identify as a dinosaur AND be a responsible adult
But I forgot how to do it...
...I forgot how to be a dinosau
r"

And where did he end up?
HE ENDED UP WITH A HOT WIFE, AND A NICE HOUSE AND A FUCKING BOAT.
...but he also raised a a stupid fucking kid that wrecked his boat and made nothing of his life except playing the drums (poorly) to some stupid fucking Italian opera song at the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer.

STOP PRETENDING TO BE SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT OR YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIKE BRENNAN HUFF AND DALE FUCKING DOBACK.

INTERSECTIONALITY IS NOT A THING.
YOU ARE NOT A CAT
YOU ARE NOT NONBINARY
YOU ARE NOT A HORSE
YOU ARE NOT A TWO SPIRIT
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
YOU.ARE.NOT.A.FUCKING.DINOSAUR.

...that is all

Dude, you have elevated your literary game. Who is Hunter Thompson? You are the next edgy generational observationalist.

Back