The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to fact check my meme. We better start fact checking every one.

Every

Single

One

;-)

latest

ETA: Kellyanne Conway is a fucking twit.

First 20 minutes of SNL was pretty good. Good comment in the monolog about the President denouncing some of the more racist groups who claim they are doing what they are doing in the name of the new President.

Like Obama decrying BLM and the New Black Panther Party, don't bitch after ignoring racism for the last 8 years.

One big fuckin photo op for Hollywood has-beens, John Kerry and the ME generation, reducing their womanhood to the image of their sexual organ.

Next time, get off your pussies and vote...because your voice and your insipid posters mean nothing if you didn't go to the polls on Nov 8.
While those marching probably voted, they still ignore many of the election demographics, look at the Black/Hispanic vote % for Trump. He did pretty well for a (pretend) Republican.

latest

ETA: Kellyanne Conway is a fucking twit.

She may be a twit, but she ran a successful campaign.

Like Obama decrying BLM and the New Black Panther Party, don't bitch after ignoring racism for the last 8 years. <snip>

I was at the head of the line complaining to anyone who would listen that the Obama administration did an incredible amount of damage in regards to race-relations. Not by what he said, but instead by what he left unsaid. His silence (for the most part) after literal riots was seen as acceptance by those who did the damage.

Trump is in the same place now. There are some VERY racist groups doing/saying terrible things in his name. The President of the United States needs to come out early and say, "Look man, what you are doing is not what I, or this administration is all about. You are doing more damage to whatever cause you think you are supporting than you can imagine. Your actions are causing people who may have been sympathetic to your concerns, instead see you as buffoons and savages. Please, do this right or get off my side."

That should have been said by Obama, but it never was. In fact I think it is even more important that Trump says it. He is already seen by many people in this country as a xenophobic, racist, misogynist. Someone inside that camp of his has has to make him understand that he is supposed to be EVERYBODY'S president, and that means saying things that shows he is making an effort.

Jesus. The incoming administration continues to give me the willies. In his first set of executive orders, Trump signed, among other things, a proclamation commemorating his inauguration day.

Now, this has been done by past presidents before. Bill Clinton proclaimed his a "National Day of Fellowship and Hope." Sounds fine, right?
GWB named his a "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving." Kinda close to another holiday, but whatever.
Obama titled his "National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation." Not terribly original, but I can deal. Trump, what you got?

NATIONAL DAY OF PATRIOTIC DEVOTION

Well, uh...okay :-o
That's like some DPRK shit.

Maybe. VA HR office is moving forward on the assumption that both the VA itself and VA law enforcement in particular fall under public safety, but the wording of the order is very vague. I think the intent is that it is better to beg forgiveness then ask permission.
Reed
Public safety is public safety virtually everywhere. IIRC the VA cops are duly sworn and bonded federal LEOs so I am fairly sure you will be ok. One of the new administration's areas of focus is law enforcement. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Jesus. The incoming administration continues to give me the willies. In his first set of executive orders, Trump signed, among other things, a proclamation commemorating his inauguration day.

Now, this has been done by past presidents before. Bill Clinton proclaimed his a "National Day of Fellowship and Hope." Sounds fine, right?
GWB named his a "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving." Kinda close to another holiday, but whatever.
Obama titled his "National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation." Not terribly original, but I can deal. Trump, what you got?

NATIONAL DAY OF PATRIOTIC DEVOTION

Well, uh...okay :-o
That's like some DPRK shit.

Like that one president who awarded himself a medal, you know, like any good African dictator would and has done.

Last edited:
If you want to fact check my meme. We better start fact checking every one.

Every

Single

One

;-)

Nope. I believe in personal accountability. The person responsible for fact-checking memes should be the person responsible for sharing them. And it should happen BEFORE they get shared. If you want to fact-check every post on ShadowSpear, be my guest.

I fact-check two types of posts: ones I find interesting, and ones from people I respect. If something doesn't interest me, or isn't posted by someone I respect, I ignore it. Since that post both interested me (since I'm an educator and it was hard for me to see what some of the "errors" were) and it was posted by someone I respect (self-explanatory), I decided to check it out. And I found it didn't "check out."

I've seen that meme posted all over my FB feed, and I'm fairly certain that nearly none of the people who posted it could explain what is really wrong with it, or why. They just saw something that reinforced their political biases and blasted it out. That annoys me. My request for an explanation of the grammatical errors was legitimate: I'm confused by what was marked in the text.

That meme made me think of the one below. Without critical analysis and a little bit of thought, a lot of what gets put out, by all manner of people, is a whole lot of this:

what I want to be true.png

If he does nothing else for the rest of his administration, he's already done more for the American people on his first day than most of the Presidents we've had in the past. This one will directly affect every single American citizen that is in the work force in a positive way, including those that simply *want* to be in the work force. TPP was a job killer and would have contributed to salary declines as cheaper foreign workers flooded all industries similar to the way that H1-B visas have flooded the IT industry. If he does the same for NAFTA, it will take a true disaster for me to be unhappy with his first term.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/tpp-trump-trade-nafta.html

If he does nothing else for the rest of his administration, he's already done more for the American people on his first day than most of the Presidents we've had in the past. This one will directly affect every single American citizen that is in the work force in a positive way, including those that simply *want* to be in the work force. TPP was a job killer and would have contributed to salary declines as cheaper foreign workers flooded all industries similar to the way that H1-B visas have flooded the IT industry. If he does the same for NAFTA, it will take a true disaster for me to be unhappy with his first term.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/tpp-trump-trade-nafta.html
It's one of the few policy decisions that I actually agree with. I don't think it's the panacea for stagnant wages, but it's certainly a start.

Nope. I believe in personal accountability. The person responsible for fact-checking memes should be the person responsible for sharing them. And it should happen BEFORE they get shared. If you want to fact-check every post on ShadowSpear, be my guest.

I fact-check two types of posts: ones I find interesting, and ones from people I respect. If something doesn't interest me, or isn't posted by someone I respect, I ignore it. Since that post both interested me (since I'm an educator and it was hard for me to see what some of the "errors" were) and it was posted by someone I respect (self-explanatory), I decided to check it out. And I found it didn't "check out."

I've seen that meme posted all over my FB feed, and I'm fairly certain that nearly none of the people who posted it could explain what is really wrong with it, or why. They just saw something that reinforced their political biases and blasted it out. That annoys me. My request for an explanation of the grammatical errors was legitimate: I'm confused by what was marked in the text.

That meme made me think of the one below. Without critical analysis and a little bit of thought, a lot of what gets put out, by all manner of people, is a whole lot of this:

View attachment 17823

I love the tone of your post. I pointed out the susbstantive reason I think the meme is right though. Even the style guide you posted stated the same thing. Inauguration shouldn't be capitalized. The use of "of" or "for" seems like a subjective bitch on the part of the memes creator, "historical" though...

Like I said in defense of it. Official tweets or posts from official people like nominees should be vetted, pretty, and right.

They should be at the very least grammatically perfect. When these posts come from a woman who considers herself an education expert, and the President seems to agree, the microscope gets extra focused.

In extreme cases, this is the kind of thing that can happen when people blindly accept what they're told.

He said it was through word of mouth. After recently having internet service installed at his house, he was “really able to look into it.” He said that substantial evidence from a combination of sources had left him with the “impression something nefarious was happening.”

...at which point he grabbed a semi-auto and shot up a pizza joint where Hillary Clinton was supposedly running a pedophilia/child slavery ring. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back