The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a worse first day at work than Sean Spicer?

When Ari Fleischer goes out of his way to say, 'Man, you screwed the pooch' that's a bad sign.

One big fuckin photo op for Hollywood has-beens, John Kerry and the ME generation, reducing their womanhood to the image of their sexual organ.

Next time, get off your pussies and vote...because your voice and your insipid posters mean nothing if you didn't go to the polls on Nov 8.
They did...and they lost; big time. Now they're loudly crying about it publicly.

Everyone has a right to speak their mind and I wouldn't frame myself a Trump supporter but theses protestors, many/most with their misguided and childish behavior, illustrate much of what I consider to be the drag on our country.

Last edited:
I was thinking this morning, gee @Ooh-Rah , I wonder what our new President's response will be to the women's march yesterday.

Relieved to see President Trump had the situational awareness to articulate a response that will acknowledge the massive multi-city turnout and calm some of those fears. *

IMG_6018.jpg

* <sarcasm alert> :wall:

They probably did vote. Generally speaking, it takes money and means to organize and attend a protest like this. They probably did vote, they just din't vote for President Trump. Secretary Clinton still won the popular vote by millions, and I think it's safe to assume a significant portion of the protest marchers at least supported her, if not voted for her.

On average, will it be over or under one hour the amount of time it takes for "Trump's people" to send out a Tweet that attempts to tone down his prior tweet?

Perfect example right here. There is no-way he wrote this in his own words.

IMG_6019.jpg

They did...and they lost; big time. Now they're loudly crying about it publicly.

Everyone has a right to speak their mind and I wouldn't frame myself a Trump supporter but theses protestors, many/most with their misguided and childish behavior, illustrate much of what I consider to be the drag on our country.

I bet a pretty large portion of the millions that turned out yesterday did vote, and were part of the majority of voting Americans that did vote for Hillary.

They probably did vote. Generally speaking, it takes money and means to organize and attend a protest like this. They probably did vote, they just din't vote for President Trump. Secretary Clinton still won the popular vote by millions, and I think it's safe to assume a significant portion of the protest marchers at least supported her, if not voted for her.
I wonder how much Madonna got paid for being the keynote.

Two days in and between Sean Spicer and Kellyanne Conway both making "attendance-gate" a Sunday morning issue, I'm wishing George and Caroline were in those roles instead. At least they had the balls to call him on his bullshit.

IMG_6024.JPG

The press may be biased dicks sometimes, but they are not stupid. If this is the game Trump wants to play, fine. I have to believe the members of the 4th Estate have a few games of their own they can play.

"Alternate facts". This administration is going to turn me into a liberal yet.

Two days in and between Sean Spicer and Kellyanne Conway both making "attendance-gate" a Sunday morning issue, I'm wishing George and Caroline were in those roles instead. At least they had the balls to call him on his bullshit.

View attachment 17816

The press may be biased dicks sometimes, but they are not stupid. If this is the game Trump wants to play, fine. I have to believe the members of the 4th Estate have a few games of their own they can play.

That was embarrassing.

I definitely get the appeal for a conservative to bash the press and 'the media.' Your base believes they're all liberal shills and it helps blunt any criticism of you - legitimate or not. It works so well even the folks running for DNC chair have started using it.

But, I find it disturbing - and hard to fathom how it's going to help in the long term - to pick fights where you are obviously, demonstrably lying. Crowd sizes, the popular vote, your own tweet record - none of these are open to much interpretation so when you say 'I had the largest inaugural crowds, I won the popular vote because fraud, I never criticized the IC - the lying press is making it all up.' I understand there is a huge latitude for someone like the President from his supporters - if they didn't care about evidence on taxes, birtherism, charitable giving, vaccines - they're not going to care now. Still, I think that's bad judgment. Any candidate is going to get a lot more leeway during a campaign - because their supporters will have a stark choice with someone/a party espousing different views on a number of subjects. Once you actually have to govern I would think that leeway would start to erode.

Maybe the purposeful antagonizing of the press with such blatant lies is an effort to do just that - set himself up as the alternative to the liberal elite, as evidenced by the press, so regardless of what topic is being discussed if you're conservative you always have to defend the President - since whether facts are on their side or not it's shameful how all these condescending liberals are always out to get him. Criticism itself becomes the way you identify liberal jerks.

The other alternative is the administration is making error after error because of the idiocy and insecurities of the President. But, I have a hard time believing that after: 1. He won the Presidency - which is not the easiest thing to do and 2. the administration has made some very savvy political moves - even if I think they're bad for the country. I'm surprised more people haven't talked about how effectively the President changed the entire trajectory of the ACA debate. Before the inauguration the Republican establishment was debating between delaying repeal and repealing with a delayed execution - so they could work through the difficult political battles on a replacement. By gutting executive execution and enforcement of the ACA by executive action on day 1 the President has essentially forced the Republican congress to come up with a replacement and execute on it very rapidly. His executive action makes the already ineffective price controls in the healthcare marketplace worthless. That means premiums are going to skyrocket - one of the critical factors in driving unhappiness with the ACA. That removes the major incentive Republicans had to delay repeal and delay a replacement - the fear of being blamed for price increases and loss of coverage. The President ensured both of those are going to happen without major action in the next 6-9 months. All of the sudden the Republicans have got a deadline for action so debating when is off the table.

For mine it's a giant display of petulance.

Agreed. She won popular vote by about 3 million...or 2%. Leaves plenty of people to bitch and moan. But let's not act as though Trump had some illegitimate victory. Far from it. Simple fact is that he owned electoral 306 to 232 and obviously still had strong popular support of over 62 million voters; for all practical purposes, half the votes from those that chose to show up at the polls.

He may not have been my guy but he is our President. Seems he should be given a chance before breaking out the skewers and jumping to a bunch of ridiculous conclusions. It's only been 2 days for fucks sake. I'm willing to throw him some rope to see what he does with it.

This is dumb, man, if you look at many of your friends, and at yourself. (I'm looking at myself too) We all don't necessarily write the best. We can be a little better in our criticism of her. But, tbh, I hope she is not confirmed and he gets me someone better.

Oh it's dumb?

It is a goddamn meme.

Look around dude, they are all over this thread.

In defense of my meme though. The secretary of education should have her shit wired tight as fuck.

She isn't posting on Shadowspear. She isn't writing only as herself. She is representative of the administration now.

Reactions: AWP
Oh it's dumb?

In defense of my meme though. The secretary of education should have her shit wired tight as fuck.

Considering the abhorrent writing skills of 75% of the traditional freshmen in my lit and Comp 1/2 classes at USA, I'd say she's still above the norm.

Face it, we're raising a nation of illiterate shits. Education is laughable, at best.

That said, I'm not sure we deserve better.

Oh it's dumb?

It is a goddamn meme.

Look around dude, they are all over this thread.

She isn't posting on Shadowspear. She isn't writing only as herself. She is representative of the administration now.

I agree. But as I said, I hope the Senate kicks her nomination back.

I was wondering how they paid for Madonna: Billionaire George Soros has ties to more than 50 ‘partners’ of the Women’s March on Washington

I bet a pretty large portion of the millions that turned out yesterday did vote, and were part of the majority of voting Americans that did vote for Hillary.

Yep. That's why what happened was an "everything on the leftwing agenda" march and not a "Women's March."

Whoever created that created a petty, bs meme. Can you explain to me what's wrong with it? Because other than "historic/historical" I'm having trouble seeing it.

I think it's totally reasonable to capitalize "Inauguration in this context... especially on Twitter.

An inauguration is not necessarily redundant with a swearing-in.

"For" seems totally appropriate in this context.

AP compiles presidential inauguration style guide

Difference Between ‘Of’ and ‘For’

Definition of FOR

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever created that created a petty, bs meme. Can you explain to me what's wrong with it? Because other than "historic/historical" I'm having trouble seeing it.

I think it's totally reasonable to capitalize "Inauguration in this context... especially on Twitter.

An inauguration is not necessarily redundant with a swearing-in.

"For" seems totally appropriate in this context.

AP compiles presidential inauguration style guide

Difference Between ‘Of’ and ‘For’

Definition of FOR

Following the style guide you posted inauguration shouldn't be capitalized.

But again, it is a meme. She is the potential SEC ED. Her post should have been. Round reproach.

Following the style guide you posted inauguration shouldn't be capitalized.

But again, it is a meme. She is the potential SEC ED. Her post should have been. Round reproach.

If you want to fact check my meme. We better start fact checking every one.

Every

Single

One

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back