The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God, man. Please stop...

View attachment 19221

I was happy as anyone to see Clinton lose (though admittedly I can't stand Trump) but someone needs to take his Twitter away ASAP. I hate checking political news because of his tweets. "Hurr durr what about the woman who hasn't been remotely relevant for almost a year? What about HER crimes?" His account is like a grotesque caricature of every negative regarding Republicans.

I wonder how many of the folks in the Trump White House were names given to him for favors he promised and the folks are incompetent?

Scaramucci's first presser was pretty solid.

Other than that, GTFO twitter.

Not disagreeing with you...but I remember a time when everything bad was being blamed on Bush II.

Then you must also remember the gnashing of teeth on the right that you have to take responsibility for what is happening now. I don't love "he said, she said" but right now it is super applicable.

One plus is that every morning for the rest of their lives Democrats will wake up knowing they lost to Donald Trump.
I thought about that the other day- it's fun watching the realization wash over the whole Dem machine day in, day out when they just bash and throw their hands up only to realize they're talking about the guy that beat you because they're incompetent.

All their points are valid- twitter, lack of appointments, zero policy movement, health care, etc etc etc- but they're only highlighting their own failure.

Sessions is getting fired this week

trump-tweet.png

Sessions is getting fired this week

trump-tweet.png

This is complete unprofessionalism. You're the President and you're shit-talking your own administration's personnel on Twitter? My opinion of Obama (with whom I disagree on nearly every major issue) improves with each new Trump tweet because he largely conducted himself with class.

My opinion of Obama (with whom I disagree on nearly every major issue) improves with each new Trump tweet because he largely conducted himself with class.

I completely disagree with the "class" part. Trump is completely unprofessional though, I can't argue against that position.

I completely disagree with the "class" part. Trump is completely unprofessional though, I can't argue against that position.

Oh I understand, I should've clarified that I was mainly speaking relative to Trump. I personally found Obama to be condescending and patronizing on many occasions, however in terms of social media he was mostly nonconfrontational and stuck to the general Presidential line of "say something nice on holidays, maybe toss in a petition or partisan statement every now and then, but don't attack people over the Internet while you're the highest elected official in the country".

Trump is merely a symptom of the wretched decay and absolute corruption of our political class. All he's done is bring the pustules up to a head as opposed to the red, irritating cysts that their lying, stealing, and general bullshit were before.

One thing though. As noted I'm not a fan but has anyone noticed the IW angle? Whilst he 'feeds the chooks' in the Australian vernacular he's off doing the main action such as rebuilding sorely needed infrastructure, whilst everyone is distracted by tweets which feeds an already hostile press. Just a thought.

One thing though. As noted I'm not a fan but has anyone noticed the IW angle? Whilst he 'feeds the chooks' in the Australian vernacular he's off doing the main action such as rebuilding sorely needed infrastructure, whilst everyone is distracted by tweets which feeds an already hostile press. Just a thought.

What infrastructure has been rebuilt? He's promised a trillion dollar infrastructure bill - but so far there hasn't even been one proposed. The only thing being done outside of the public's notice while we focus on tweets and Russian investigation is deregulation, the implosion of federal institutions, and the enrichment of the first family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back