Top Gun - Maverick - ** SPOILER THREAD **

Tom has had LOTZ of plastic surgery. Kelly McGillis has chosen to age naturally and I commend her for that. It’s what’s inside that counts. And right now her head should be inside a paper bag.

Jesus, did I just write that??!!??

I have no clue what he has or has not had.

I know she has been besieged by many health issues which have probably compounded her looks (not to sound shallow). Also I think several years ago she gave Hollywood the heave-ho and tried to achieve normal person status. Now she lives in western NC in a medium-size town in an artsy-fartsy community.

I have no clue what he has or has not had.

I know she has been besieged by many health issues which have probably compounded her looks (not to sound shallow). Also I think several years ago she gave Hollywood the heave-ho and tried to achieve normal person status. Now she lives in western NC in a medium-size town in an artsy-fartsy community.
I read awhile back somewhere that she was seriously addicted to drugs and alchohol and yeah, she didnt want to deal with the Hollywood BS.

I read awhile back somewhere that she was seriously addicted to drugs and alchohol and yeah, she didnt want to deal with the Hollywood BS.
I just read a bit about her. Violent crime victim as a Julliard student, testified, worked in Hollywood, married divorced, remarried, became a drug addicted lesbian, got clean, came out of the closet, had an aggressive stalker, appeared on the L word, etc. etc

In hindsight, I like @Gunz's summary of chose to age gracefully..

I just read a bit about her. Violent crime victim as a Julliard student, testified, worked in Hollywood, married divorced, remarried, became a drug addicted lesbian, got clean, came out of the closet, had an aggressive stalker, appeared on the L word, etc. etc

I won't beat her up too much, but I'll just say she WAS a looker.

I can be a smarmy SOB when it comes to Hollywood people and their personal problems. She probably doesn’t fit that exact profile, but many of them have enough money and free time to find all kinds of trouble. Or publicity.

A colleague of mine used to say: “Anytime they spell your name right, it’s good publicity.”

I can be a smarmy SOB when it comes to Hollywood people and their personal problems. She probably doesn’t fit that exact profile, but many of them have enough money and free time to find all kinds of trouble. Or publicity.

A colleague of mine used to say: “Anytime they spell your name right, it’s good publicity.”

Agree, but she was hot and I think she could've stayed in the headlines as an actress if she chose to. She shunned it and, in my view, that alone gives her some degree of credence.

Yeah I think they spliced the footage of Maverick nearly killing himself and his students together, ha!

I did a head tally and I'm sure he did somewhere upwards of a billion dollars worth of damage to aircraft in the movie.

The movie was super cool, especially on IMAX; IMAX theaters never disappoint with their speakers: I felt the power and aggressiveness of the fighter jets which was awesome.
Also, respect to the pilots cast for going through 3 months of training to withstand real Gs.
Finally, how different do you guys think that the flying scenes with Maverick would have been if Tom Cruise was actually allowed to pilot an F-18.

I read that the Navy rejected him because he was thinking of doing things a little too “ambitious” or crazy lol.
Top Gun 2: Why Tom Cruise Wasn't Allowed To Fly An F-18 Fighter Jet

Back