Ukraine - Russia Conflict

No link Unfortunately due to where I sourced this intel. It is however well reported that Russia is buying vast quantities of Arty, shells and rockets from NK.

“Russia Is Taking A Big Risk Purchasing Rockets And Artillery Shells From North Korea

By Jack Buckby
North Korea Ballistic Missile Test North Korea Ballistic Missile Test. Image Credit: North Korean State Media.
Ever since North Korea became the third country to recognize the independence of two Russia-backed separatist states within Ukraine, speculation has been rife about how the isolationist communist state may deepen its ties to Russia. Following catastrophic flooding, a worse-than-usual food shortage, and an economic crisis triggered by the country’s decision to close its borders completely during the COVID-19 pandemic, North Korea may have finally found a new source of incoming – weapons sales from Russia.

North Korea to Russia’s Rescue?

According to a senior U.S. defense official, Russia is currently in the process of purchasing millions of rockets and artillery shells from North Korea as its troops face weapons and ammunition shortages in Ukraine. It’s a sign that the West’s sanctions on Russia are working, making it hard – if not impossible – for Russia to manufacture advanced weapons and ammunition.

According to a U.S. official, Russia is actively seeking support from North Korea due to Western sanctions, and that support is already being given. However, few details were offered from the declassified intelligence about the exact kinds of ammunition that North Korea will provide.

“The United States provided few details from the declassified intelligence about the exact weaponry, timing or size of the shipment, and there is no way yet to independently verify the sale,” the New York Times reported on Tuesday.”

“A U.S. official said that, beyond short-range rockets and artillery shells, Russia was expected to try to purchase additional North Korean equipment going forward.”

Just a reminder that we're about 7 months into Putin's 2 week special military operation. The Soviets report everything is still on schedule.

Interesting questions arise about the Soviets purchasing ammo from DPK...

We've seen some of the garbage the Soviets have brought to be the battlefield. Do they really think DPK supplies are in any better condition?

Are the Soviets truly that desperate?

What about China? They've reportedly been playing together, but not so friendly that China will provide ammo?

Still wondering where the rest of the mighty Soviet Air Force is.

Just a reminder that we're about 7 months into Putin's 2 week special military operation. The Soviets report everything is still on schedule.

Interesting questions arise about the Soviets purchasing ammo from DPK...

We've seen some of the garbage the Soviets have brought to be the battlefield. Do they really think DPK supplies are in any better condition?

Are the Soviets truly that desperate?

What about China? They've reportedly been playing together, but not so friendly that China will provide ammo?

Still wondering where the rest of the mighty Soviet Air Force is.

I think the quality of having ammo outweighs the quality concerns of having nothing.

Why do you think the quality will be poor?
See the following analysis as an example:
The State of the North Korean Military - Korea Net Assessment 2020: Politicized Security and Unchanging Strategic Realities

There's other similar analysis out there but they all have a similar theme:
50's - 70's era Soviet and Chinese conventional weapons and systems.

From the report above:
"North Korea still uses many aging weapons systems, though it has unveiled some new ones at military parades in recent years. Many of the KPA Ground Force’s armaments—such as battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, and artillery systems—were secured between the late 1950s and the 1980s, so most of them have aged considerably...."

"In terms of its conventional munitions, the KPA also beats the ROK Armed Forces in quantity but not quality..."

"In terms of performance, the KPA artillery cannot compete with the ROK military’s more advanced models.27 Most of the KPA’s artillery systems were acquired before 1990, whereas the large majority of the ROK military’s artillery systems were procured after 2000..."

"In past cases, like the December 2010 shelling of Yeonpyeong Island, the accuracy and firepower of North Korean artillery was limited. The 2010 KPA’s shelling of the island, located along the western coast of the Korean Peninsula, made it possible to evaluate some of the combat power of the KPA’s artillery. At that time, the KPA shot more than 170 shells using 122-millimeter MRLs, half of which fell into the sea; what is more, 25 percent of the eighty rounds that landed on the island failed to detonate..."

Eh it'll kill you all the same. As long as the fuzes work. They've got quite an export market so I don't think they'll be utter shit otherwise noone would buy them.

If the English is barely-discernible as such and is liberally peppered with the word “cunt,” it’s probably Pardus.
Am I correct in remembering that yourself and your lovely wife had to use "Watermelon" once or twice at Dawn's place when we were working on the range upstate with your cool kids?
I did try.

Am I correct in remembering that yourself and your lovely wife had to use "Watermelon" once or twice at Dawn's place when we were working on the range upstate with your cool kids?
I did try.
You were great. My oldest is 18 now and she still remembers you. And how cool it was that @Ex3 let us use her place. Such a great experience all around.

I was just glad I had someone to blame in later years when my wife asked my kids “ who taught you that word?” ;)?

Back