Ukraine - Russia Conflict

About Dugin-as-Ferdinand?

I'm still mulling it over, but the premise is that Archduke Ferdinand was someone that few people knew about, and fewer cared about, but the terrorist attack against him set in motion a series of events that eventually lead to WWI. Basically, it was a premise that motivated many of the world powers of the time to mobilize for, and go to, war.

So, a potential future COA: Russian (correctly or incorrectly, it doesn't really matter) blames Ukraine for the death of Dugin's daughter, who is already being lionized by the Russian press. They escalate in a series of provocative ways that causes a NATO country, let's say Poland, to get into it with the Russians, thus triggering Article 5 of the NATO charter and bringing the big dogs head to head.

^that's the basic idea. Again, not mine originally, but maybe interesting enough for future discussion.
If WW3 kicks off it’ll prolly be in late August 23, when I finish anesthesia school and am about to cash my first check. Would be perfect timing….

If WW3 kicks off it’ll prolly be in late August 23, when I finish anesthesia school and am about to cash my first check. Would be perfect timing….

Are you on the hook with Uncle Sam for time?

Buddy of mine (ironically, also former 18D from a long time ago) from nursing school went CRNA in the Navy Reserve, got deployed several times during GWOT. He had more time deployed in the Navy reserve than he did active duty Army SF (late 80s-mid 90s).

I guess I need to expedite, finding property further North and build my compound.
Dude, Canadians don’t like Canada. What country are you afraid will invade? Maybe have Texas send some illegals up there for you to fight? I’d worry about Detroit maybe, but they can’t burn down your country worse than Fidel Junior the Blackface Expert.

I think you’re safe.

Dude, Canadians don’t like Canada. What country are you afraid will invade? Maybe have Texas send some illegals up there for you to fight? I’d worry about Detroit maybe, but they can’t burn down your country worse than Fidel Junior the Blackface Expert.

I think you’re safe.

I'm still in a couple blast zones.

I’m interested to see more on this. I’m not familiar with how most other countries treat their active duty, so them saying he wasn’t on active duty makes me wonder if he was on a reserve status, or if they just mean he wasn’t there on official business.

Statement on reports of death of New Zealand soldier

Edit: The hot link didn’t populate like I thought it would, so it says that a New Zealand soldier was killed in Ukraine.
His name is Dominic, he is a good friend of mine, we served together in Ukraine. Forget that active duty/reserve bullshit, it's all extraneous shit.
Dom died like a true warrior, he was assaulting a trench system and personally took out several bunkers and approx half a dozen enemies, then was killed during a counter attack. His body is unfortunately still in enemy lines and reports vary from being dragged away to not being secured by any side, but he is still behind enemy lines currently.
I was in constant contact with him and had been speaking to him specifically about the circumstances surrounding him being KIA.
He was young, full of energy and optimistic, I think he thought I was a little jaded and cynical unfortunately, because my advice to him on the day he died would have probably kept him alive.
To the day I die, I will seek vengeance on the filthy Russian scum that killed my mate and the countless innocent Ukrainians that we both sought to protect, as well as to protect democracy and western civilization, It is now VERY personal for me, and I was already invested in the cause.

Dom was killed alongside an American comrade who I currently don't know anything about.

Last edited:
His name is Dominic, he is a good friend of mine, we served together in Ukraine. Forget that active duty/reserve bullshit, it's all extraneous shit.
Dom died like a true warrior, he was assaulting a trench system and personally took out several bunkers and approx half a dozen enemies, then was killed during a counter attack. His body is unfortunately still in enemy lines and reports vary from being dragged away to not being secured by any side, but he is still behind enemy lines currently.
I was in constant contact with him and had been speaking to him specifically about the circumstances surrounding him being KIA.
He was young, full of energy and optimistic, I think he thought I was a little jaded and cynical unfortunately, because my advice to him on the day he died would have probably kept him alive.
To the day I die, I will seek vengeance on the filthy Russian scum that killed my mate and the countless innocent Ukrainians that we both sought to protect, as well as to protect democracy and western civilization, It is now VERY personal for me, and I was already invested in the cause.

Dom was killed alongside an American comrade who I currently don't know anything about.
I’m sorry to hear that you lost a friend.

My curiosity about the active/reserve was simply what type of response (or non-response) we could expect from the government of NZ.

I'm sorry to hear that Pardus.
Thanks mate. He was from Blenheim, if we get his body back and have a funeral back home, i'll try and get back for it.
I’m sorry to hear that you lost a friend.

My curiosity about the active/reserve was simply what type of response (or non-response) we could expect from the government of NZ.
Thank you. There is nothing nefarious/clandestine behind it, just a bureaucratic situation awkwardly presented by both the govt and media.

Thanks mate. He was from Blenheim, if we get his body back and have a funeral back home, i'll try and get back for it.

Thank you. There is nothing nefarious/clandestine behind it, just a bureaucratic situation awkwardly presented by both the govt and media.
Sending you a PM

So things are getting interesting. Russia looks to be preparing to renew their offensive with "volunteer" battalions under the newly formed 3rd Army Corps. Entire formation consists of volunteers at the Battalion level it seems. Obviously mixed with newly promoted officers to higher echelon. But they will have limited training when they hit the front. Also, Russian Army is pulling even more units from Far East Military District.

Institute for the Study of War

The last time the Soviets pulled troops from the Far East it was to stave off defeat at the hand of a certain Western European country...

If I'm in the FEMD and hear about a war breaking out on the other side of the country you can bet I want that shit to end quickly. Otherwise...history tells us I'm about to be cannon fodder until the country can recover.

Rest In Peace Dominic.

My condolences Pardus. Thank you for sharing and telling his story.

I can only feel deep admiration and respect for the people, who risk their lives to support Ukraine against Russian aggression.

May all of them to return safely.

The last time the Soviets pulled troops from the Far East it was to stave off defeat at the hand of a certain Western European country...

If I'm in the FEMD and hear about a war breaking out on the other side of the country you can bet I want that shit to end quickly. Otherwise...history tells us I'm about to be cannon fodder until the country can recover.
This just in time for Fall and heading into Winter because the Soviets have shown this to be the time when their supply lines are most capable.

Turkish drone manufacturer Bayraktar has cut off shipments of its drones to Russia.

Reportedly, Russia is now being supplied drones from Iran. No confirmation which models, but it’s suspected the Shahed 129 (Reaper clone) and Shahed 191 (RQ-170 clone).

Ukraine's "Bayraktar" compared to Russia's new Iran-supplied drones

Not a good sign that Russia and Iran are further colluding.

Back