Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I read that same article. I thought it was deeply disingenuous of them to use quotes like “Ukraine is a DC distraction & scam" and “I’m more concerned with the US-Mexico border than the Russia-Ukraine border. Not sorry” as being "pro-Putin." It is just the latest iteration of "anyone we don't like is a Nazi."
I don't know if I would give that the status of an article per se, quotes taken out of context are of dubious value when it comes to someone's point of view, and to just list a selection of them without context is, as you say, disingenuous. That said, the overall point the "article" is trying to make has some merit.

I don't know if I would give that the status of an article per se, quotes taken out of context are of dubious value when it comes to someone's point of view, and to just list a selection of them without context is, as you say, disingenuous. That said, the overall point the "article" is trying to make has some merit.

I do not think everyone who is a republican is a pro Putin fascist. I don’t think almost any republicans are. I said the most EXTREME are. Like has been said here the spectrum is really a circle, and the left and right become one at the ends.

What kind of merit? It's deliberate disinformation and divisive rhetoric. It's useless except to score political points and to further divide the country. There is no journalistic worth to it whatsoever.

What kind of merit? It's deliberate disinformation and divisive rhetoric. It's useless except to score political points and to further divide the country. There is no journalistic worth to it whatsoever.
I apologize, I was obviously not clear enough in my previous post, The article has no merit, the point that some conservatives are at anti-Ukraine/pro Putin, has some merit.

I read that same article. I thought it was deeply disingenuous of them to use quotes like “Ukraine is a DC distraction & scam" and “I’m more concerned with the US-Mexico border than the Russia-Ukraine border. Not sorry” as being "pro-Putin." It is just the latest iteration of "anyone we don't like is a Nazi."
True. Some of the quotes used as examples from outspoken R's actually had nothing to do with being pro Russia.

Putin was supposed to give a speech tonight in which he may announce a general mobilization of the Russian population for the war effort. It was delayed at least once, then postponed until 0800 Moscow time.
Short of deploying nukes, this is about all that he can do to try and salvage this absolute dumpster fire. I just wonder if he and Shoygu understand just how unpopular a general mobilization likely will be.

Short of deploying nukes, this is about all that he can do to try and salvage this absolute dumpster fire. I just wonder if he and Shoygu understand just how unpopular a general mobilization likely will be.
Agreed to your second point. As for the first, there is a lot more damage they could do with missile attacks, they’ve been strangely selective with what they hit even though it seems random.

Agreed to your second point. As for the first, there is a lot more damage they could do with missile attacks, they’ve been strangely selective with what they hit even though it seems random.

My guess is they're not hitting those because they're still considering total victory and don't want to pay to rebuild (or can't rebuild whatever those things are).

My guess is they're not hitting those because they're still considering total victory and don't want to pay to rebuild (or can't rebuild whatever those things are).
Yes, but more so that they are still stuck in their soviet mindset where they are going to win, so there is no need to destroy the infrastructure.

Yeah mate that's what I'm getting at. I wonder if the Chechans will use the diversion to regroup.
Ah gotcha. Yeah ive been surprised for years that the Chechens have submitted to Russian rule, they are a serious adversary and one to be kept at arm's length, but I hope they fuck the Russian bastards up.

Back