Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Apologies, I wasn’t clear enough, what I meant was it’s about time Israel stepped up in regards to the Ukraine-Russia conflict, they’ve refused to help with critical items when they were needed most earlier on in the war.
I’m a big supporter of Israel for the record, I was just disappointed that they’ve been dragging their feet here. Then again they haven’t forgotten the Second World War so…
They're in a tough spot geo-politically. They need to try to avoid antagonizing Russia in order to preserve their interests in Syria, and they have an ENORMOUS Russian population, like 15%. Many of those have families in Russia. Also, if the US is going to continue to throw tens of billions at the problem...

Other then Tucker Carlson, which prominent conservatives are against helping the Ukraine?
Why does saying don't fund Ukraine automatically make one pro-Putin?

The only actual politicans I know off the top of my head who no shit have said legit pro Russia stuff are Marjorie Taylor Greene and Madison Cawthorn, but both of them are coo-koo for coco puffs and not representative of the GOP.

Otherwise, it's the talking heads like Tucker, Candace Owens, and Charlie Kirk that have been saying shit like that.

I know I am late to the party, but I have some questions and comments.

Other then Tucker Carlson, which prominent conservatives are against helping the Ukraine?
Why does saying don't fund Ukraine automatically make one pro-Putin?

I am concerned about where all those stingers went early on. The West and (understandably) Ukraine were in full panic mode. The number of Stingers delivered, number of Stingers claimed to have been used and the number of downed Russian aircraft doesn't add up. For me this means:
1. The Stinger is obsolete and should be removed from our inventory, or
2. The Ukrainians just shot them off like fireworks, or
3. Many are sitting in someones private warehouse for sale on the Black Market when this is all over.

Option 3 is the one that worries me, and the Ukraine government will need to do some serious accountability soon.

Criticizing those who are more worried about the border then the Ukraine isn't productive. El Paso gets 1500 plus migrants every day, they are overwhelmed, so yeah that's a bigger issue and doesn't make you a Nazi or pro-Putin.

Obama, Trump, and Biden all have one thing in common, their SecDef's never came up with a long-term plan for switching to UK Armed Forces from Soviet to Western gear. DoD still comes up with bullshit excuses for withholding modern gear (it'll take too long to train them). Start training now and they will join the fight in a year (I don't see the war ending soon).

Does Putin go nuclear, escalate to deescalate was a known Soviet tactic, and I doubt that book was thrown away.

Airburst with the resulting EMP would devastate Western Europe.

The whole stupidity of the DoD strategy of giving partners obsolete Soviet gear is hilarious when our other partner nations train a different cohort of the same people and give them modern kit. Who's the idiot? Definitely our policy making politicians err Generals.

Why do we think Stingera are accurate? How many did we give the Muj in the 80s equaled how many downed airframes?

So do we just commit to ending Russia at this point? That’s not hyperbole, I would also like the opinion of someone who has been on the ground.

I know we (America) have our skeletons in our closet regarding invading and generally interfering in the affairs of other nations. I do feel like, post OIF and OEF we have collectively said “that was a phase, our bad.”

Russia has been, for hundreds of years, doing shit like this. Is this when the West, plus’s maybe India, says it’s time to demilitarize?

@pardus and @Marauder06 (the resident professor) what do you guys think?

So do we just commit to ending Russia at this point? That’s not hyperbole, I would also like the opinion of someone who has been on the ground.

I know we (America) have our skeletons in our closet regarding invading and generally interfering in the affairs of other nations. I do feel like, post OIF and OEF we have collectively said “that was a phase, our bad.”

Russia has been, for hundreds of years, doing shit like this. Is this when the West, plus’s maybe India, says it’s time to demilitarize?

We aren’t “demilitarizing” a nuclear power.

I think only the Russians can demilitarize Russia

Our fighters will typically launch two missiles for every air-to-air kill. Y’all want me to believe a shoulder fired missile made in the 80’s is a one shot deal?

See also: copium.
55 downed aircraft against what? 2000 launches? There comes a point where we have to acknowledge the system is obsolete and production needs to end. I think the stinger is there.

We aren’t “demilitarizing” a nuclear power.
That’s my logic. I’m trying to find the Ukrainian article I read that essentially call for breaking up Russia and demilitarizing it, and getting it to give up nukes. Very far fetched but I wanted educated opinions on the matter before I made up my mind on the matter.

The big question is, how? They have a homogenised ethnical makeup so you can't do it like that. Same with religion and culture and language. They're all on the same page thinking wise so I reckon you'd just end up with a kind of Eurasian EU.

Interesting thought experiment.

Oh yeah fuck sorry I rounded up 91% of a population into a broad statement and missed those 3% of Caucasus peoples. I hope that's to your satisfaction.

In true Soviet fashion, they're mobilizing additional troops that will most certainly be even more poorly trained and equipped than we've seen so far, just in time for winter. Good times ahead for those poor bastards.

Back