Ukraine - Russia Conflict

The fact there's never been any serious peace talks, despite massive losses, is pretty mind-boggling. Putin seems to be all in, even it leads to the complete demise of his country. Difficult to believe other leaders there are fully on board with such a losing strategy.

I just can't believe there's any way--without warehouses full of vehicle parts and skilled technicians--that they are going to be able to upkeep and field half the vehicles and weapons systems that have been donated or captured. I'm wondering when NATO and the US will have to send in technical teams.

The fact there's never been any serious peace talks, despite massive losses, is pretty mind-boggling. Putin seems to be all in, even it leads to the complete demise of his country. Difficult to believe other leaders there are fully on board with such a losing strategy.

He's all in, right up to his neck. Right now he's got everybody terrified of hospital windows. He's also got his Main Directorate of Special Programs of the President of the Russian Federation blah blah blah within the FSB...which I suspect has received special training in pushing and shoving from multi-storied buildings.

You're right, it's a losing strategy. Give him another 20-30,000 dead Russians and the rope is going to get tighter. Secret opposition may already be starting to form.

I just can't believe there's any way--without warehouses full of vehicle parts and skilled technicians--that they are going to be able to upkeep and field half the vehicles and weapons systems that have been donated or captured. I'm wondering when NATO and the US will have to send in technical teams.

He's all in, right up to his neck. Right now he's got everybody terrified of hospital windows. He's also got his Main Directorate of Special Programs of the President of the Russian Federation blah blah blah within the FSB...which I suspect has received special training in pushing and shoving from multi-storied buildings.

You're right, it's a losing strategy. Give him another 20-30,000 dead Russians and the rope is going to get tighter. Secret opposition may already be starting to form.
I think a lot of GO's thought they'd be destroyed in short order, and are amazed at the UK's ability to improvise and fight.
When it comes to the Ukraine, Trump did better than Obama, and Biden (by accident) is doing more then Trump. Neither the Trump or Biden administrations have come up with a long-term plan for the UK military.

Remember this is the SecDef and these are the Chiefs who are developing the strategy for when/ if we go to war with China.

Interesting thread. So basically, sound like say 2/3 of all the authorized aid has yet to be delivered.

So, yeah, a lot of platitudes from our betters on how we've provided aid.

Last May when the war was young Russia said it was hitting Ukrainian supply corridors in the west and disrupting the flow of foreign aid. I haven’t heard much since then about Russian interdiction contributing to the slow flow.

Last May when the war was young Russia said it was hitting Ukrainian supply corridors in the west and disrupting the flow of foreign aid. I haven’t heard much since then about Russian interdiction contributing to the slow flow.

Seems more the fact that we say we're doing something and then slow walk it.

Bleed Russia dry.

I think the Pakistanis during the Soviet-Afghan war had a phrase, something like "Keep the pot boiling without boiling over."
Bleeds Ukraine dry at the same time.
Puts a ton of money into the MICC, and ensures a nice stock dividend for those "savvy" enough to buy/sell stocks at the correct moment.

Last edited:

That could also be, but I still think they are, or getting crippled. In the article you posted, it says: “They’re down to somewhere between 20 and 25% of their original land forces up there. But then the naval component is totally untouched by the war.”
I'm sure they have and upgrade a lot of stuff in and around the arctic, fleet, radars, runways etc. Especialy now following those airbase attacks.
But afaik, Russia has only two arctic warfare brigades. The 200th, that fought in Ukraine and the 80th. They might have more, idk, just reproducing what I searched. The 200th suffered serious losses in both manpower and equipment. Yet they keep deploying defense systems, specificaly designated for arctic warfare. Wasting stuff needed to protect an area that provides 20% of their GDP. From what I read, that particular system or variant, is a very rare piece in the Russian inventory.
Why do that, if not running out of equipment at the front and by doing so, they keep depleting their arctic (ground) forces.
Sure just speculation, and "20 and 25%" less personnel doesn't equal 20 and 25% combat losses. But the 200th alone lost ( visualy confirmed ) 40% of it's motorpool and allegedly also over a third of its troops. I guess, there is still the 80th and its intact(?). Thx for the links.

Last edited:
Back