United States & Gun Control discussion.

Interesting example of the media manipulating the video from an interview to give the viewer a perception that they really should not be left with:

Katie Couric Edits Gun Groups Comments For Under The Gun

It sucks, but fortunately she doesn't have a histo....oh, nevermind.

Katie Couric Accused of Deceptive Editing in Second Documentary

Couric responds to Allison’s on camera request by saying “Okay,” but the film shows Dr. Allison sitting silently for another seven seconds before cutting to another interview.

Allison is not shown again in the film.

Vermin.

Nice to know they plan on running as Democrats or just stay out of politics.

Angling for cabinet or advisor positions. Wes Clark has had a hard on for the Clintons since Bosnia and I'm sure he sees this as his last, best chance for someone to pay attention to him.

The others are just assholes. There, I said what many of you are thinking.

Has the NRA come out with their over the top tweet or statement yet? They always do, maybe just this once something was able to look up the word, "timing".

I took a beating for this after Sandy Hook, but I really hope they A) have a better message and B) I hope they don't wait until Thurs. or Fri. I hope they learned from SH because they looked like clownshoes in the aftermath, like they scrambled to find a solution or answer because they were totally unprepared.

unfortunately the POTUS news conference about the shooting just a few minutes ago, related the issues with gun control.

No doubt. He can wade into the mud and keep Hillary clean.

---

He's my cynical, conspiracy theorist-ist view:

Right now the left is praying for this to be a hookup gone wrong or garden variety hate crime and the right is praying for it to be Islamic extremism. If this is a general hate crime against the gay community the anti-2A crowd can better push their agenda. If this is Islamic terrorism the anti-2A crowd has a much harder time trying to restrict gun sales. How do you approach Americans with the message of "yeah, this can come at you anyplace, anytime, but we want to restrict your rights in the name of safety and security?"

I think the motivation for the attack will go a long way to determining our reaction(s), what we will and won't do. Guns, domestic spying, fighting extremism at home and abroad, etc.

Back