United States & Gun Control discussion.

Virginia was bought out by Mike Blomberg. Democrats have big gun control plans and they own the Senate, Congress, and Governor spot.

Originally they were going to try and ban basically any fire arm that took a magazine, to include shotguns but I think they have scaled that back some. Still looking at banning magazines over 5 rounds.

Re: Virginia

I’m late to the party but would someone be willing to give me the Reader’s Digest version of what is going on and what the concerned outcome is?

Cliff Notes version:

Virginia state government has decided to enact laws banning all "assault weapons" which they define as anything with larger than a 5 round magazine, including handguns and shotguns. The bill has not become law yet, but it's almost a given with the makeup of the state legislature.

90+ % of the counties in VA have declared themselves 2d amendment sanctuary counties. The Sheriffs of those counties declared they would NOT enforce the new laws.

The Governor has threatened to call in the National Guard to help enforce the law if the Sheriffs won't. They also have a bill to remove the Sheriffs and any other government employee that refuses to enforce the law. The NG CG made a non-committal statement deferring a choice.

The Sheriffs have established county militias and a large pro-gun group has emerged to help "protect the rights of the citizens".

Everything is up in the air with the latest development being the above.

Originally they were going to try and ban basically any fire arm that took a magazine, to include shotguns but I think they have scaled that back some. Still looking at banning magazines over 5 rounds.

It hasn't been scaled back that I know of. If they have, it hasn't been reported. They offered to scale it back in return for gun registration. Oh, BTW, there is NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE. Everyone that owns or possesses a legal gun becomes a felon the minute the governor signs it into law.

It hasn't been scaled back that I know of. If they have, it hasn't been reported. They offered to scale it back in return for gun registration. Oh, BTW, there is NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE. Everyone that owns or possesses a legal gun becomes a felon the minute the governor signs it into law.

Va. Senate committee strikes 'assault weapons' bill, advances other proposed gun laws

What will pass right now is one handgun purchase a month, a background check on all gun sales, red flag law, and municipalities may ban guns at events.

Cliff Notes version:

Virginia state government has decided to enact laws banning all "assault weapons" which they define as anything with larger than a 5 round magazine, including handguns and shotguns. The bill has not become law yet, but it's almost a given with the makeup of the state legislature.

90+ % of the counties in VA have declared themselves 2d amendment sanctuary counties. The Sheriffs of those counties declared they would NOT enforce the new laws.

The Governor has threatened to call in the National Guard to help enforce the law if the Sheriffs won't. They also have a bill to remove the Sheriffs and any other government employee that refuses to enforce the law. The NG CG made a non-committal statement deferring a choice.

The Sheriffs have established county militias and a large pro-gun group has emerged to help "protect the rights of the citizens".

Everything is up in the air with the latest development being the above.

He would activate the Guard to enforce the law because they don't trust LEAs to do it...nevermind that almostt he entire NCO Corps of VANG is made up of LEOs...

I might know some people in NC close to the Virginia border who have offered to buy guns for Virginians, or ammo, or magazines; or hold any of theirs for them if they want to make quick cross-border runs. If I did know these people, they may have also communicated with the AG's office and governor's office that they are going to do this and dare them from trying to stop them.

Is what the VA legislature doing stupid as hell and getting close to full infringement?

Yes.

Is some idiot who's to hyped up on boogaloo memes and "Patriotism" likely to shoot someone if these groups enter the capital with weapons?

Also probably yes.

If there is an incident involving a firearm that occurs next week, the conversation regarding gun rights will shift fully downhill.

Back