United States & Gun Control discussion.

Oh I know it's not the whole cause but it explains the whole state of emergency due to white supremist threats.
I dunno brother, I think that might be a happy coincidence for Northam and his crew. If it really were about safety from supremacist groups then fringe groups like ANTIFA would also be in the crosshairs.

From what I've been seeing on the web, Northam and pals declared a state of emergency when they saw the peasants getting riled up. Heck, they even passed a funding resolution to prosecuting 'firearm crimes' days before.

Also found this circulating on the web, I guess it's headed to Richmond. With the fences, surveillance equipment, and everything else, I don't think this about keeping people safe.
1579229323979.png

@Ooh-Rah , that article may have been old, but it has a revealing quote by Mark Herring, VA's AG, talking about concealed firearms licenses issued by other states...his reason to revoke reciprocity:

"Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk," he said.

An outrageous lie, of course, but it shows to what depths the VA administration will go to confuse the issue and undermine the law.

Last edited:
This is always the best.

You are comparing 18th century weapons [muskets] to current day while you use a cell phone and Twitter [quill pen and ink] to type a silly message.

More data to tell me I'm on the right side of this....

;-) :ROFLMAO: 8-) O_o

Yep. I usually bring up the 1st and 4th amendment and cell phones, internet access, etc.

So, this gets interesting according to "Commonwealth of Virginia Emergency Services and Disaster Law of 2000."

§ 44-146.15. Construction of chapter

(3) Empower the Governor, any political subdivision, or any other governmental authority to in any way limit or prohibit the rights of the people to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by Article I, Section 13 of the Constitution of Virginia or the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, including the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, transportation, sale, or transfer of firearms except to the extent necessary to ensure public safety in any place or facility designated or used by the Governor, any political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or any other governmental entity as an emergency shelter or for the purpose of sheltering persons;

hahahahaha
laws

Thats a good one - that Construction of chapter law could have been copied out of a Beetle Baily comic; with politicians in general - the law doesn't seem to matter if it advances their particular partisan flavor.

edited to remove specific reference to a single party - politicians in general - left right or center

Last edited:
This is in no way directed solely at Box, but if we are going to have these political threads, there has to be some attempt at accuracy when making blanket statements.

to the left - the law doesnt matter. Their ends will always justify their means.
In the spirit of fairness, that is not exactly an accurate statement. To imply that anyone on the left does not believe or follow the rule of law, is then suggesting that anyone on the right, does.

If guys are going to offer an opinion, then feel free. But broad statements in these threads that cannot be linked as fact, will be called out as such. This is no different than how we run any other thread on this site, prove what you are saying, or state it as an opinion, and then explain why you believe your opinion to be valid.

Otherwise don’t participate in these threads.

#choices

Have fun with the next hit from Virginia... I present to you House Bill 567. currently in committee

Summary

Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government; exceptions; civil penalty. Prohibits the operation of an indoor shooting range, defined in the bill, in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card. The bill provides that any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.

Virginia HB567 | 2020 | Regular Session

(BTW, This will never make it past a legal challenge if it does become law)

my sarcasm frequently gets the best of me

The day you stop being a smart ass is the day I go on hunger strike. I’ve been stocking on reserves so I can last several weeks without a meal. I got your back!!!!

Now, forgoing booze...um, you're on your own. :ROFLMAO:

"Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth."

That is the stupidest law proposal I have read in awhile.......are outdoor ranges okay still?

"Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth."

That is the stupidest law proposal I have read in awhile.......are outdoor ranges okay still?

Actually, so are indoor ranges. The only range that fits the 50+ employee requirement in the entire state is the NRA headquarters. That's why I said it wouldn't pass legal muster. The Constitution explicitly prohibits laws targeting a single business, person or group.
No State shall … pass any Bill of
Attainder

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 10 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Attainder
attainder n. The loss of all civil rights by a person sentenced for a serious crime. [< OFr. attaindre, to convict] Source: AHD

In the context of the Constitution, a Bill of Attainder is meant to mean a bill that has a negative effect on a single person or group (for example, a fine or term of imprisonment). Originally, a Bill of Attainder sentenced an individual to death, though this detail is no longer required to have an enactment be ruled a Bill of Attainder.

Back