United States & Gun Control discussion.

Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully," said Northam. "I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."

This is code for "fuck you, I didn't learn a thing today, I still want to confiscate your guns."

I enjoy the after effects of widespread media gaslighting. Very thankful there was zero violence.

NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally
Also may I add: this is a constitutional infringement issue, whoever shows up understands that, and the MSM acts like people who are more likely to lean left politically don’t care for the Constitution/ Rule of Law. My best friend leans left and he could teach the Constitution basically. Just an observation about the media surrounding the event.

I enjoy the after effects of widespread media gaslighting. Very thankful there was zero violence.

NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

100%

I was cynical there would be bad actors who would show up at this, but it seems like whatever dickheads did show up were immediately shut down in a calm but firm way.

A big part of that is due to the VCDL making sure those dudes knew they were unwelcomed, the militias supporting that environment, and even the local ANTIFA that showed up (in regular clothes) to spread the message that gun rights are minority rights.

Literally couldn't have asked for a better pro 2A rally.

CNN Decries Virginia Second Amendment Protest As "Worst Far-Right Extremism Ever" » Article 107 News

“Well, it’s really simple,” explained Caterina Josefina Jones-Nakembe-Montoyo, an unemployed 22-year-old feminist who double-majored in Gender Students and White Self-Loathing at Yale University. “It’s really easy to be polite when you know that the person you assault can respond with immediate and lethal force. Every time I felt the urge to “bash the fash,” I saw that said fascist was armed. With like… ALL of the guns. One dude was carrying a five-foot sniper rifle that weighed more than I did. So, we decided that we’d go back to assaulting elderly Trump supporters and attacking conservative speakers at colleges I don’t even go to, and leave all of the armed, alert, and organized Conservatives alone.”

50 cal at protest.png

Made it to the rally Monday. The sheer number of people was amazing. I was so excited to be there, that when I stepped out of my car in the parking garage I had forgotten my phone was in my lap. So needless to say I have no pictures because my screen ended up so badly cracked but will 100% be participating again next year.

Made it to the rally Monday. The sheer number of people was amazing. I was so excited to be there, that when I stepped out of my car in the parking garage I had forgotten my phone was in my lap. So needless to say I have no pictures because my screen ended up so badly cracked but will 100% be participating again next year.

Dang the luck!

Can you tell us what surprised you the most about the crowd?
Did you get a sense if the attendees were militia, grass roots 2A folk, or just whackos?
Any gauge at all of amount of Virginians vice those bussed in?
Was there a real expectation of violence or was that media spin?

Dang the luck!

Can you tell us what surprised you the most about the crowd?
Did you get a sense if the attendees were militia, grass roots 2A folk, or just whackos?
Any gauge at all of amount of Virginians vice those bussed in?
Was there a real expectation of violence or was that media spin?

I'll say that I'm not a fan of tacticools, especially those who were never in the military or if they were they were in admin or some other super pog job. To answer your questions with that in mind..

1. What surprised me most about the crowd was the lack of counter protesters. There were a few but for a rally/protest of this size I would have thought to have seen more.

2. The crowd was just regular folks, yes some were dressed in camo and the like, but those are the same people you see doing the same on a range.

3. I have no idea who was a Virginian and who wasn't. There were quite a few out of state license plates but I believe most people in attendance were from here.

4. The violence was what the media was hoping and praying for. It was all hype on their part because violence sells.

I was surprised by the lack of counter-protesters as well. This was a huge opportunity to utilize their "useful idiots" to attack people with guns, get shot over it, and generate HUGE headlines.

But they didn't show up.

I'm interested for various explanations why that was the case. The most obvious is that Black Bloc or Antifa or whomever knew that the people they planned on assaulting were armed. But at the same time, the revolution needs its martyrs. The anti-gun folks need their "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" moment. This wasn't it.

Back