United States & Gun Control discussion.

Is buying tactical gear the new form of midlife crisis? Did corvettes get too expensive?
I think it’s asinine and serves little purpose I mean if you are supposedly some anti government militia wouldn’t it be better to dress like a normal person so you could blend in?

I think it’s asinine and serves little purpose I mean if you are supposedly some anti government militia wouldn’t it be better to dress like a normal person so you could blend in?
It just fills a void in not cool peoples chest to make them feel cool. I get having a plate carrier at home to have some sort of bulletproof vest to put on if SHTF, but wearing it out in public trying to be something you’re not just makes you look like a dork imo.

I was surprised by the lack of counter-protesters as well. This was a huge opportunity to utilize their "useful idiots" to attack people with guns, get shot over it, and generate HUGE headlines.

But they didn't show up.

I'm interested for various explanations why that was the case. The most obvious is that Black Bloc or Antifa or whomever knew that the people they planned on assaulting were armed. But at the same time, the revolution needs its martyrs. The anti-gun folks need their "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" moment. This wasn't it.

This was one event where there seemed to be a bunch of overlap between the political ideologies of the right and left, especially given the public sentiment of the 2A in VA.

I had a few friends in the area who went to the rally with/are members of the Antifa Seven Hills; they just didn't wear the usual black bloc shit because they weren't there to counter protest.

I was surprised by the lack of counter-protesters as well. This was a huge opportunity to utilize their "useful idiots" to attack people with guns, get shot over it, and generate HUGE headlines.

But they didn't show up.

I'm interested for various explanations why that was the case. The most obvious is that Black Bloc or Antifa or whomever knew that the people they planned on assaulting were armed. But at the same time, the revolution needs its martyrs. The anti-gun folks need their "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" moment. This wasn't it.
I'm going to catch flak for this. Based on past behavior, I think the useful idiot's and their handlers prefer soft targets. It's why you see videos of the ANTIFA types assaulting old people or mobbing single targets. Another tactic of theirs is taking pictures/recordings of people & plate numbers and spreading them, to their compatriots, via social media.

If anything this rally was a huge HUMINT opportunity for the useful idiot types and their handlers. With the information gleamed from ground and aerial sources someone is making a list and checking it twice.

But they didn't show up.

I am stymied by that as well. It would have been the perfect storm for them.

I DO know that Northem is taking full credit for his folks defusing potential for violence and ensuring it was peaceful. IOW, it was because of him, not because the pro-2A folks were, in fact, peaceful.

Having a friend from high school, who is a member of ANTIFA, is extremely useful when it comes to seeing what she posts on Facebook. Here is an article she posted pre-MLK day. Some interesting quotes are as follows:

"We cannot align with a Democratic political cadre attempting to pass legislation that will felonize us and endanger us to further violence by the police and the Right. And we cannot stand meekly behind the established 2A leadership, keeping quiet as they bicker and rant and platform white nationalists. We know full well that our presence will be tokenized when it is useful and demonized when it is not. Their goals are rooted in a long legacy of white vigilantism and State terror. We will not find friends there. The prospect of joining either side is enough to make us want to bury our guns in the back yard and open up a book while the talking heads tear each other up on Fox and Friends. "

"Because the government will always betray, it exists to take tally of the most profitable order of betrayals. They are the force that gnaws every bit of autonomy over our own and collective lives in this place. So we want everything, we want the world. We want our freedom in every sense of the word. And since we will fight for it, we want our guns too. To be quite blunt, a gun is the the only check on this that you can hold in your hand. So we’ll continue to hold them, whether they’re legal or not."

Having a friend from high school, who is a member of ANTIFA, is extremely useful when it comes to seeing what she posts on Facebook. Here is an article she posted pre-MLK day. Some interesting quotes are as follows:

"We cannot align with a Democratic political cadre attempting to pass legislation that will felonize us and endanger us to further violence by the police and the Right. And we cannot stand meekly behind the established 2A leadership, keeping quiet as they bicker and rant and platform white nationalists. We know full well that our presence will be tokenized when it is useful and demonized when it is not. Their goals are rooted in a long legacy of white vigilantism and State terror. We will not find friends there. The prospect of joining either side is enough to make us want to bury our guns in the back yard and open up a book while the talking heads tear each other up on Fox and Friends. "

"Because the government will always betray, it exists to take tally of the most profitable order of betrayals. They are the force that gnaws every bit of autonomy over our own and collective lives in this place. So we want everything, we want the world. We want our freedom in every sense of the word. And since we will fight for it, we want our guns too. To be quite blunt, a gun is the the only check on this that you can hold in your hand. So we’ll continue to hold them, whether they’re legal or not."

Wow...full circle when left meets right.

A little short for a manifesto but some good commie rhetoric there. Your little anarchist friend is at least practical enough acknowledge the need for firepower if she intends to take over the world. Wake me up when something happens.

I often wonder what will become of America’s Gun culture and the 2A. As more Gun control Laws get passed Are gun owners really gonna start violently resisting? What kind of America would that be to live in ? Now I doubt it will ever get to such things but hell I also never imagined Trump being POTUS

I often wonder what will become of America’s Gun culture and the 2A. As more Gun control Laws get passed Are gun owners really gonna start violently resisting? What kind of America would that be to live in ? Now I doubt it will ever get to such things but hell I also never imagined Trump being POTUS
Law Enforcement wouldn’t enforce bogus unconstitutional “laws” so I think it would stop where it would start and we just get clowns out of office and back to the circus.

Law Enforcement wouldn’t enforce bogus unconstitutional “laws” so I think it would stop where it would start

Don't be so sure about that. In some places? Sure. In others? They will go after your guns with zeal. The same applies to the National Guard.

The oath about all enemies, foreign and domestic, is only as good as the character of the person making said oath. Far too many people will "follow orders" and do whatever they are told. This has played out since the dawn of time, not just in the last century in Europe, but in the US in the last 20 years.

Not one person in America should trust or expect the government to save you from the government.

Don't be so sure about that. In some places? Sure. In others? They will go after your guns with zeal. The same applies to the National Guard.

The oath about all enemies, foreign and domestic, is only as good as the character of the person making said oath. Far too many people will "follow orders" and do whatever they are told. This has played out since the dawn of time, not just in the last century in Europe, but in the US in the last 20 years.

Not one person in America should trust or expect the government to save you from the government.
My local Law Enforcement guys are awesome dudes. Kentucky has taken note of the LE in VA declaring counties 2A Sanctuaries, our county officials have talked about doing something similar, but I definitely see your point, it’s naive to think that everyone has the same mindset. Let’s just hope that things remain civil debate & our elected officials continue to do their jobs. /s

Back